IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - quran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

quran

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lateefah2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: quran
    Posted: 16 November 2013 at 1:59pm
how should i memorize long surahs and short surahs with long ayahs.
i have a hard time trying to memorize quran (sometimes).
my quran teacher told me it's probably because i can not understand.
is it really why?
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2013 at 7:24pm
As-salaam alaikum.

Do not be discouraged that you are having difficulty memorizing surahs.  You are essentially learning a new language and that will take time.  I don't think your teacher is right.  Arabic is not my first language and I have been able to memorize several of the smaller surahs.  It takes time.  Granted, I was raised a Muslim, but even so, I was learning a new language.

Also, remember that the reward for your efforts are double because you are having difficulty!  It is a blessing in disguise, as a hadith narrated by Hazrat Aisha (ra) states:

"A'isha reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) (as saying): One who is proficient in the Qur'an is associated with the noble, upright, recording angels; and he who falters in it, and finds it difficult for him, will have a double reward." (Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 1745)  

So don't be discouraged and keep at it.  InshaAllah, you will get better and Allah (swt) will reward you for your efforts.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

omermaktoof View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omermaktoof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 5:35am
Hello: I am a lifetime of Iraq Hafiz Quran and Arabic teacher for the memorization of the Koran and teaching via Skype wanted to study call me:
mektoof1991 orapee
Hafiz Ibne Aziz View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hafiz Ibne Aziz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2014 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by lateefah2000 lateefah2000 wrote:

how should i memorize long surahs and short surahs with long ayahs.
i have a hard time trying to memorize quran (sometimes).
my quran teacher told me it's probably because i can not understand.
is it really why?

Iqra Quran House is one of the pioneers who has started spreading online Quran education worldwide. Online Quran Classes are started to provide an easy and effective Quran Teachings to people all around the world. The online way of Quran Learning has a lot of advantages as compare to traditional system. In Online Quran Reading you can take class at any time and any place just with a connectivity to internet. Qualified Online Quran Tutors are hired for this Holy task. Quality software�s are used to make the lesson fruitful and effective
For further detail plz visit
http://www.iqraquranhouse.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic