IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CAN WE PREFER OUR CHILD SEX?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CAN WE PREFER OUR CHILD SEX?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSontani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CAN WE PREFER OUR CHILD SEX?
    Posted: 26 October 2013 at 6:26am

Assalaamu�alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Maybe it's a human nature, never satisfied with what is happening to them. But because of those things, this world became alive and full of dynamics and increasing the breadth of science.

Just imagine the amount of money (maybe worth billions dollars) in circulation worldwide per day and how many thousands of jobs created just for various reasons some people want to lose weight, while some others with various reasons want to raise the weight. Some are trying to make their skin become white, while others traveled far away to tropical countries for sunbathing on the beach so that their skin went black. Some did facial plastic surgery and other body parts to make it look beautiful like an angel, and make other people's astonishment, their biological child profile is much different from the profile of their beautiful mother. And so on ..... so on.

So also our case, a friend who wants a girl, contrary to my desire (Alhamdulillah already accomplished), boys. I got him without spending a relatively high cost, I mean just normal.

30 years ago our first child was born, a girl, of course very fun because the child likes other girls, cute and healthy. But when pay attention to some close friends and one of my elder brother, their child entirely (3) girls, a sense of worry arises. How could I not, we plan to have just 2 children and of course in order to varied, have a son became our target.

Well since then, the search for information and articles on pregnancy and how to get the boy was started, it's not easy, because at that time I did not know yet "the internet".

Qur�an Surah-53 (An Najm or The Star),

Verse-45:

"And that He created pairs of men and girls,"

Verse-46:

"Of semen, if emitted."

The Qur'an Surah above explain how the human was created, but how can from a same of semen can be created male and female?

According to the articles that I've read and the movies I've watched, sperm or semen turns out aside from the fluid (semen) is also composed of two types of chromosome, the chromosome-X and chromosome-Y are shaped like a tadpole or frog larvae and can only be seen with the help of microscope. 1 cc of sperm or semen has population of millions those two types of chromosomes.

The posture of Chromosome-Y is slim and agile movements, while Chromosome-X fatter and slower movement than Chromosome-Y, but it is relatively more longevity.

As for the inside of the uterus in women who were infertile, usually there is only single egg cell or ovum (can be more in exceptional circumstances) that is placed by Allah Almighty on the wall of the womb (QS 22.5) and only contain chromosome-X.

If the semen is emitted in the direction of the egg cell (as mentioned QS-53, Verses 45 & 46), then only one of the tens of million chromosome-X or Y that's united (marries) with the egg cell.

After "the marriage" happen, then a few tens million less one "chromosome sperm", become bachelor forever till the death come, its pity because no polyandry or polygamy among them.

If the lucky one of "chromosome-X sperm" marries the only one "chromosome-x ovum", then a female fetus will be created. Whereas when "chromosome-x ovum" is married by "chromosome-y sperm", then a male fetus will be created.

From the limited knowledge above, I conclude that Allah Almighty gives us opportunity and hope to have children with sex as we want.

On the advice of another article, more than a year before my wife's contraceptives removed (we plan to have 2 kids with age difference of 4 years), and I am no longer willing to help the wife do the jobs of women and always resolve the family issue without consulting with her, and behave as if my career is on the rise. This is done so "vagina" our wives more permissive to our "chromosome-Y sperm" instead of "X-chromosome sperm". Also in order the population of our "chomosome-Y sperm" become much bigger than the population of "chromosome-X  sperm".

After the contraceptives is released, we make love perfectly normal, but when ejaculation, the sperm is emitted as far as possible from the ovum of our wife, that is at vagina's entrance (sorry). Of course we hope by this way, "chromosome-Y sperm" that much more agile and much larger population than the "chromosome-X sperm" will win the race of "200mm Sprint".

Now after 30 years my wife (almost without me) to take care hard-earned of them, Alhamdulillah our first child (daughter) was graduated as bachelor of Design Communication Visual and a second child (boy) was graduated as bachelor of Economy Management and both have a good career. Now we're busy taking care of our third (bonus) child (daughter), that was born 8 years later after our second child, she just start study in International Business Management.

There is a sense of pride when our efforts and wishes are granted by Him, let alone at least there are 3 colleagues were successful after following the ways that I did, the first two their children are female.

From the above experience I conclude that we're given the opportunity to choose the sex of our child, but their way of life are absolutely prerogative the Creator.

Wassalaam.
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2013 at 2:46am
Walecum As Salaam Wa rehmatullahi ea barakhatahu,I disagree with you because Allah says don't alter the physiology of your body in ch 30 v 30, its the will of Allah that matters, okay we may say that I want two or three children but in the end its the will of Allah, because without the will of Allah even a leaf can't fall (ch 6 v 59), moreover Allah says in ch 7 v 189 how a couple pray when a wife is pregnant to have an healthy and pious child, our job is to pray to Allah because Allah totally forbids sex determination I.e preferring one sex over other, in ch 16 v 58-59-Allah strictly gorbids even for making face gloomy on the birth of female child, at last I want to say Allah is the best planner as mentioned in ch 3 v 54 and ch 27 v 50.

Edited by NABA - 27 October 2013 at 2:47am
TSontani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSontani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2013 at 2:49am

Dear NABA,

Allah SWT creates 2 types of chromosome in our sperm, means He gives us a chance to have girl or boy. I knew this chance was almost impossible, but I decided to take this opportunity. With the methode that I wrote, surrendered and praying, finally He bless us to have second child, a boy. Supposing Sayyidina Umar Al Khattab knew about this method (May Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala forgive me), of course he would not do as mentioned by QS16.58-59, but everything are already written in "Lauhul Mahfudz".

Wassalaam.

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2013 at 11:50pm
But in Quran in ch 31 v 34, Allah says only Allah what's inside the womb, means Allah decides sex of a child, remember Allah in ch 10 v 61 says everything equal to an atom is known to Allah.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2014 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

But in Quran in ch 31 v 34, Allah says only Allah what's inside the womb, means Allah decides sex of a child, remember Allah in ch 10 v 61 says everything equal to an atom is known to Allah.

Salaam Alaikum. Thank you for bringing up 31:34, and my apologies for jumping into the conversation.

It is indeed a very interesting verse.

31:34

Indeed, Allah has knowledge of the Hour and sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.

The verse does not state that only God knows what is in the wombs, but merely that God knows. I don't see how having an ultrasound or even determining the gender of one's baby contradict 31:34.

Some non-Muslims try to bring up this verse to "prove" that the Quran states that only God knows whether a child is female or male. However, the Quran does not say this.

The Muslim site below explains this alleged "error" quite well.
http://www.letmeturnthetables.com/2008/09/is-there-scientific-error-in-quran-3134.html

For a while I believed that the Quran states that only God knows the gender of the child. After doing some research however, it is obvious to me that it says no such thing.

While it isn't true that the Quran states that only God knows what is in the wombs, it does indeed state that no one knows in what land he will die.

31:34

Indeed, Allah has knowledge of the Hour and sends down the rain and knows what is in the wombs. And no soul perceives what it will earn tomorrow, and no soul perceives in what land it will die. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.

This is simply not true. A terminally ill person dying in a hospital can be pretty certain what land he or she will die in. The same would be true of a suicide bomber or a prisoner serving life without any chance of parole.

The Quran's author did not consider this, because like all other fallible writers, he made mistakes. This is more evidence that as intelligent and well versed as he was, the Quran's author could not have been Allah.

Edited by TG12345 - 02 January 2014 at 11:14pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2014 at 7:50am
But it is Allah who decides whether the person will get ill or not, remember we can't predict what will happen even in next sec, if Allah want I might die win few moments, u r talking about eg u stated u will not believd exactly 2 n a half yrs ago even I know the date 25.5.11, 18 yr old boy was suffering from kidney failure, and all hopes were gone, but their relatives decided that they will shift him to a better hospital thru air ambulance, and guess what??? The plane crashed, the patient along with 4 other healthy beings also died, so did the other 4 thought that they will die, eg did paul walker thought he will die on 30.11.13? ????? Few hrs b4 his death he was doing charity shooting for his film, but death occured, therefore these are all signs of Allah that death will cum only according to will of Allah, but thru our prayers Allah may increase our span, eg Allah says in ch 37 v 143-144if prophet Jonah (pbuh) wud not have prayed to Allah from belly of whale Allah wud have kept him in belly till jjudgement day.Allah says pray ro me so that I shall answer u (ch 40 v 60).
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2014 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

But it is Allah who decides whether the person will get ill or not, remember we can't predict what will happen even in next sec, if Allah want I might die win few moments, u r talking about eg u stated u will not believd exactly 2 n a half yrs ago even I know the date 25.5.11, 18 yr old boy was suffering from kidney failure, and all hopes were gone, but their relatives decided that they will shift him to a better hospital thru air ambulance, and guess what??? The plane crashed, the patient along with 4 other healthy beings also died, so did the other 4 thought that they will die, eg did paul walker thought he will die on 30.11.13? ????? Few hrs b4 his death he was doing charity shooting for his film, but death occured, therefore these are all signs of Allah that death will cum only according to will of Allah, but thru our prayers Allah may increase our span, eg Allah says in ch 37 v 143-144if prophet Jonah (pbuh) wud not have prayed to Allah from belly of whale Allah wud have kept him in belly till jjudgement day.Allah says pray ro me so that I shall answer u (ch 40 v 60).

I agree with everything you wrote here, only God knows for certain when and where we will die. However, that does not change the fact that some people knew where they were going to die, and the Quran verse states that no soul knows that.

Hitler knew that he and his wife Eva Braun would die in the bunker, and he proved himself to be correct by shooting himself.

Edited by TG12345 - 07 January 2014 at 5:49pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2014 at 10:34pm
Hitler does it but it was only Allah who know that bcoz Allah had created us and he knows us more than ourselves, Allah had described this fact with a parable that Allah is more closer to man than his own jugular vein ch 50 v 16.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic