IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The importance of fasting & the virtues of the day  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The importance of fasting & the virtues of the day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ukhti_zahra View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ukhti_zahra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The importance of fasting & the virtues of the day
    Posted: 13 October 2013 at 6:30am
The Importance and the Virtues of the Day of Arafah

The 9th day of Dhul-Hijja (the Month of Hajj) is called the Day of Arafah. It is the day during which Hajj pilgrims gather at the mount of Arafat praying and supplicating to the Almighty.

Fasting on the day of Arafah is an expiation for two years

It is highly recommended (mustahabb) for non-pilgrims to fast during this day for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was asked about fasting on the day of Arafah, so he said, �It expiates the sins (Minor) of the past year and the coming year.� [Muslim]

Allah frees slaves from the fire on Arafat more than any other day:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, �There is no day on which Allah frees people from the Fire more so than on the day of Arafah. He comes close to those (people standing on �Arafah), and then He revels before His Angels saying, �What are these people seeking.� [Tirmidhi]

Forgiveness of the Sins even if they are like the foam on the Sea:

As for you staying till the evening in Arafah, then Allah descends to the sky of the Dunya and He boasts about you to the Angels, and says: �My slaves have come to Me, looking rough, from every deep valley hoping for My mercy, so if your sins were equivalent to the amount of sand or the drops of rain or like the foam on the sea I will forgive them. So go forth My slaves! Having forgiveness and for what or who you have interceded for.�

[Reported by at-Tabarani in his book �al-Kabeer� and by al-Bazaar. Shaykh Al-Albani graded it Hassan. Taken from �Saheeh al-Targheeb wa Tarheeb�. Volume 2, Page 9-10, hadeeth no. 1112]

[Source : Ahadith regarding the benefits and blessings of Hajj - Translated by Abbas Abu Yahya Taken from 'Saheeh al-Targheeb wa Tarheeb' By the Shaykh Muhammad Nasr ud-Deen al-Albaani]

Allaah expresses His pride to His angels:

It was reported from Ibn �Umar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: �Allah expresses His pride to His angels at the time of �Ishaa� on the Day of Arafah, about the people of Arafah. He says, �Look at My slaves who have come unkempt and dusty.�� [Narrated by Ahmad and classed as Saheeh by al-Albaani].

The Almighty Swears by these 10 Days:

Allah , the Almighty, swears by these days.

By the dawn

By the ten nights (i.e. the first ten days of the month of Dhul-Hijja)

And by the even and the odd (of all the creations of Allah). (Al-Fajr 1-3)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, ' The ten are the ten days of Dhul- Hijja and the odd is the Day of Arafah and the even is the Eid

[Ahmed 3/ 327 and Bazzar 2286) Ibn Rajab graded the isnad of this hadeeth as being Hasan]

(Source: Taken from La�taif al Ma�rif and Tafseer ibn Katheer , Translated and compiled by Abu Aaliyah Abdullah ibn Dwight Battle ).

Assalamu alaykum warhmathullahi wabarakathuhu!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic