IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - seed of David.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

seed of David.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2014 at 4:22am
Originally posted by Lachi Lachi wrote:

Originally posted by Al Saadiqeen21 Al Saadiqeen21 wrote:

The real question here should be , How did Mary have a male child without a Man , Without all the spook-ism !!!

Christianity and Islam both believe that spook-ism is part of the deal.

And what does that have to do with my question Nothing !  Maybe you should think before you post anything , Ever thought about that , No you didn't !!!!!

One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2014 at 11:34pm

Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Did Jesus have a father????? or was he born without a father????was his mother a virgin or was he born of intercourse??? that should answer your question.

My post was attempting to show how Jesus, like Solomon and the Kings of Israel, could be given multiple fathers in the language of Scripture.

According to Christian belief Jesus was born from a virgin through the actions of the Holy Spirit. He was the Son of God (by spirit), a son of Joseph (by law) and the son of David (by descent).

Modern rationality would dispense with the son of a virgin notion, but can still maintain that he was the Son of God (as was Solomon) and be the son of Joseph (by blood), and son of David (by descent - as were the kings of Israel).

Using your rationality we can safely say that Jesus is not the only son of God in fact he is no son of God.
Lachi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2014 at 5:02pm
Jesus as the Son of God and the son of David is being portrayed as the new Solomon - the child of an adulterous woman; the man with divine given wisdom; the King of the Jews who built the new Temple.

As the son of Joseph the son of Jacob, he is portrayed as the the new Joshua (Yehoshua = Jesus) the son of Nun (descendant of Joseph) - the man who came from Egypt; the successor to Moses; the leader of men into a the promised land.

Jesus/Joshua the son of Nun - 'Nun' is a letter of the Hebrew alphabet which in itself is a symbol of King David.

Jesus' parentage has so many symbolic interpretations. Such is the teachings given to us by the Gospel writers.

iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 9:18am

Jesus as the Son of God and the son of David is being portrayed as the new Solomon - the child of an adulterous woman; the man with divine given wisdom; the King of the Jews who built the new Temple.

As the son of Joseph the son of Jacob, he is portrayed as the the new Joshua (Yehoshua = Jesus) the son of Nun (descendant of Joseph) - the man who came from Egypt; the successor to Moses; the leader of men into a the promised land.

Jesus/Joshua the son of Nun - 'Nun' is a letter of the Hebrew alphabet which in itself is a symbol of King David.

Jesus' parentage has so many symbolic interpretations. Such is the teachings given to us by the Gospel writers.

From your rational let us take Jesus the son of David,the son of God.Look at the background,Pharez and Zarah were the great grand parents of Jesus,and they were the children incest here explain.
Lachi View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

From your rational let us take Jesus the son of David,the son of God.Look at the background,Pharez and Zarah were the great grand parents of Jesus,and they were the children incest here explain.

iec786, I can do no more than repeat my earlier posts on the incest question. You might have missed them. It is quite clear that Tamar was not committing incest, and that the Laws revealed to Moses regarding prohibited sex can not be backdated to before those Laws were revealed.;

"Genesis 38 (New International Version)

11 Judah then said to his daughter-in-law Tamar, �Live as a widow in your father�s household until my son Shelah grows up.� For he thought, �He may die too, just like his brothers.� So Tamar went to live in her father�s household.

14 she [Tamar] took off her widow�s clothes, covered herself with a veil to disguise herself, and then sat down at the entrance to Enaim, which is on the road to Timnah. For she saw that, though Shelah had now grown up, she had not been given to him as his wife. 15 When Judah saw her, he thought she was a prostitute, for she had covered her face.

24 About three months later Judah was told, �Your daughter-in-law Tamar is guilty of prostitution, and as a result she is now pregnant.� Judah said, �Bring her out and have her burned to death!� As she was being brought out, she sent a message to her father-in-law. �I am pregnant by the man who owns these,� she said. And she added, �See if you recognize whose seal and cord and staff these are.� 26 Judah recognized them and said, �She is more righteous than I, since I wouldn�t give her to my son Shelah.� And he did not sleep with her again.

Tamar is not the wife of Judah's sons, she is a widow and not even living in Judah's household. She is not the wife of Shelah, despite what the custom might have been. Nowhere in any Law of God does it prohibit a woman having sex with her male-in-laws after her husband has died. A wife is prohibited, but not a widow.
Hence it is not lawful for a man to sleep with his brother's wife:
Leviticus 18:16 You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother's wife; it is your brother's nakedness. & Leviticus 20:21 If a man takes his brother's wife, it is impurity. He has uncovered his brother's nakedness; they shall be childless.
But a man is allowed to sleep with his brother's widow:
Deuteronomy 25:5 �If brothers dwell together, and one of them dies and has no son, the wife of the dead man shall not be married outside the family to a stranger. Her husband's brother shall go in to her and take her as his wife and perform the duty of a husband's brother to her.

Tamar was therefore not committing incest, because she was a widow and not married to any of Judah's sons.

However the argument from Mosaic Law is pointless when attached to those who lived before the Mosaic Law was declared by God.

Abraham married his father's daughter;
Genesis 20:12 Besides, she [Sarai] is indeed my [Abram's] sister, the daughter of my father though not the daughter of my mother, and she became my wife.
PROHIBITED - Leviticus 18:9, You shall not uncover the nakedness of your sister, your father's daughter or your mother's daughter, whether brought up in the family or in another home.

Jacob married two sisters;
Genesis 29: 21-30 Then Jacob said to Laban, �Give me my wife that I may go in to her, for my time is completed.� So Laban gathered together all the people of the place and made a feast. But in the evening he took his daughter Leah and brought her to Jacob, and he went in to her. Laban gave his female servant Zilpah to his daughter Leah to be her servant. And in the morning, behold, it was Leah! And Jacob said to Laban, �What is this you have done to me? Did I not serve with you for Rachel? Why then have you deceived me?� Laban said, �It is not so done in our country, to give the younger before the firstborn. Complete the week of this one, and we will give you the other also in return for serving me another seven years.� Jacob did so, and completed her week. Then Laban gave him his daughter Rachel to be his wife. Laban gave his female servant Bilhah to his daughter Rachel to be her servant. So Jacob went in to Rachel also, and he loved Rachel more than Leah, and served Laban for another seven years.
PROHIBITED - Leviticus 18:18 And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is still alive.

Amram married his father's sister;
Exodus 6:20 Amram took as his wife Jochebed his father's sister, and she bore him Aaron and Moses, the years of the life of Amram being 137 years.
PROHIBITED - Leviticus 18:12, You shall not uncover the nakedness of your father's sister; she is your father's relative.

All these relationships are prohibited under Mosaic Law, yet these couples were not punished. In fact they were honoured with blessed offspring (Isaac, Joseph, Moses, etc), and their descendants to the tenth generation (which included Moses and Aaron) were not prohibited from the congregation of the Lord. The same goes for Judah and Tamar."

Furthermore;

"The verse in Deuteronomy 23:2 cannot be applied to the descendants of Perez and Zerah. The ten generations from them included Nahshon, prince of the tribe of Judah, who represented his tribe in the congregation of Israel as commanded by God to Moses;
Numbers 1:1-16
And the Lord spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the tabernacle of the congregation, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying, Take ye the sum of all the congregation of the children of Israel, after their families, by the house of their fathers, with the number of their names, every male by their polls; From twenty years old and upward, all that are able to go forth to war in Israel: thou and Aaron shall number them by their armies. And with you there shall be a man of every tribe; every one head of the house of his fathers. And these are the names of the men that shall stand with you: of the tribe of Reuben; Elizur the son of Shedeur. Of Simeon; Shelumiel the son of Zurishaddai. Of Judah; Nahshon the son of Amminadab. Of Issachar; Nethaneel the son of Zuar. Of Zebulun; Eliab the son of Helon. Of the children of Joseph: of Ephraim; Elishama the son of Ammihud: of Manasseh; Gamaliel the son of Pedahzur. Of Benjamin; Abidan the son of Gideoni. Of Dan; Ahiezer the son of Ammishaddai. Of Asher; Pagiel the son of Ocran. Of Gad; Eliasaph the son of Deuel. Of Naphtali; Ahira the son of Enan. These were the renowned of the congregation, princes of the tribes of their fathers, heads of thousands in Israel.

It also included King David, who was raised up and anointed by God"
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 4:34am
If someone sleeps with their father in law while waiting for the other son is called what ???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic