IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A DEEP YEARNING TO PERFORM HAJJ (Very beneficial,  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A DEEP YEARNING TO PERFORM HAJJ (Very beneficial,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Birgitta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birgitta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A DEEP YEARNING TO PERFORM HAJJ (Very beneficial,
    Posted: 28 April 2014 at 2:28am
Nice Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH3NCYykEGI

I almost feel I am there...

Nice for me to watch about this american woman . There she was as a muslim and the only muslim she knew was only herself...

When you have a deep yearning for Allah ; He will meet you no matter where you are in life .
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 9:11pm

Salam,

Hajj is mandatory, umrah is optional.

If you think you have apportunity to go to makkah the second time (financially, health etc) yes you can do umrah first. But if you don't want to take a risk, just go hajj.

Wassalam,

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Birgitta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birgitta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 6:54am

� The sanctity of the Ka�bah is so great that it affects even those who are miles away from it, so much so that the Prophet sallallāhu �alayhi wasallam said, �When you go to relieve yourselves, then do not face the qiblah, nor turn your backs to it, rather, turn to the left or the right.� (Al-Bukhārī, Muslim

This I can imagine . I feel that it even affects me when I am far away in another country . Am I right ?
I feel this strong spiritual Light shining from it , or salvation , or cleanness , or what I shall call it .

It's something special and I felt it right away when I started to watch the videoes . I was calmed down in salvation just to watch .

So how it would be to really be there in flesh I really don't know...

Edited by Birgitta - 22 April 2014 at 6:56am
Birgitta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birgitta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2014 at 1:38am
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Salam/PeaceThere is no term ready or not ready to visit kabah. So you can go there any time, the faster the better. To go there you can contact any Umrah (umrah is a small hajj, the ritual similar with hajj but outside of hajj season) agent.

I wonder; is umrah ( the small hajj ) just as valid as hajj ? Maybe it is better to go in umrah the first time ?

For me it is important to have been there , but is it good enough for Allah that I only do umrah and not this big hajj ?
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2014 at 10:22pm
Salam/Peace

There is no term ready or not ready to visit kabah. So you can go there any time, the faster the better. To go there you can contact any Umrah (umrah is a small hajj, the ritual similar with hajj but outside of hajj season) agent.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Birgitta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birgitta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2014 at 12:43pm
When I first started to get interesting in Islam I very soon got interesting in Makkah and the Holy places .
I used to watch videos and kind of "drank" from the atmosphere that I saw . It's like I wanted to dive in and take a spiritual shower...I feel like clean myself up and stand sinless before my Creator .

But , I don't know if I am ready to go there yet. But it is always there in my dreams to go .

And how it would be to really be there...I don't know

Edited by Birgitta - 21 April 2014 at 12:44pm
IbnYunus View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnYunus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 1:59pm
The term used in the Holy Quran is �al-hajj-al-Akbar�. But it does not mean a Hajj performed on Friday, as generally alleged by ignorant people. The Holy Quran has used this term for the Hajj performed by the Muslims under the supervision of Sayyidna Abu Bakr Siddiq (R.A.) in the year 9 A.H.i.e. one year earlier to the last Hajj of the Holy Prophet (Sallaho Alaihai Wasallam), and this Hajj (the Hajj of 9 A.H.) was not performed on Friday. Still, the Holy Quran has called it �al-Hajj-al- Akbar�. It is clear from this that this term has no reference to Friday.

The Correct meaning of the term, as explained by a large number of the commentators of the Holy Quran is that the Umrah, which can be performed at any time throughout the year, was generally called �al-hajj-Asghar� (the minor Hajj). In order to distinguish hajj from Umrah the former was named �al-Hajj-al-Akbar� (the greater hajj). Therefore, each and every hajj is al-hajj-al-akbar, no matter whether it is performed on Friday or on any other day. The word �Akbar� (greater) is used only to distinguish it from Umrah which is a minor Hajj.
anisafatima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anisafatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2013 at 4:39am
Salam, JazakAllah for sharing wonder piece of knowledge. I have one question regarding Hajj-e-Akbar. What is Hajj-e-Akbar because I have somewhere that if 10th Zilhaj falls on Friday then it is known as Hajj-e-Akbar is it true? Is Ajar of Hajj-e-Akbar is bigger than normal Hajj. Kindly provide me assistance in this regard. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic