IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why are most of the Muslims.......  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are most of the Muslims.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Justin N Justin N wrote:

....Ok.......

ak_m_f in Page�1�said... "I mean where...we were the leader in techonology & medecine?"

�

So...I asked...

"If you had the knoledge to bet he leader of tech and med then why are you not now???"

�

Hope that was simple enough for you.

�

because we are in the dark age, wierd things are done in the name of religion, no one truly follows it ike they did in the times of prophet (PBUH).

People from all over the world came to study in the muslim empire.
they learned Arabic because most of the knowledge was in that language.

They even dressed like muslims and studied with them.

look at us now, people now know us when someone mentions terrorist or bomb.

it happened becuase we are divided, we have no Imam , our umma is lost, we are divided into many countries instead of one state.

freebird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 7:14am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Salam,
someone asked me this question:

Why are most of the Muslims fundamentalists and terrorists?

It is very obvious.

1. Islam is moving forward converting people along the way, therefore some group who are uninformed about what religion is all about don't like this at all, they think if their own friend or families are convert to Islam they think they are losing, and they do anything to stop the trend. These people are actually fall into the "stupid" category.

2. I play a dos boxing game at this moment, well I've been playing this game since 1993 since the 386 mechine, trust me. Anyway the idea of this game is by fighting the boxers one by one from weaker rank at the bottom end and gradually move up. In the end we will fight "the champ", this no:1 boxer which for some reason just won't stop torturing me in my life, let alone knock him out.

So, to enlighten me myself in my miserable life in this boxing game--even with such punching power, I still fight the lowest boxer in there by the name: "Larry lunch bucket", just to make me happy that at least I still can win, you know what I am saying? No of course you don't.

Imagine if the muslims today having a punching power say like China, will anyone call us terrorist?

Of course not, but because we are the "Larry lunch bucket" they do that. That two are the easiest reasons to grasp by me with my simple mind, mind you.

Anyway, if you ever think to play this game, avoid the number 28 boxer at all cost by the name "Smokin joe blow", that one is a maniac murderer placed in the wrong place. This game is cheating too you know, not just me. 

Justin N View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justin N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 10:17am

/////People from all over the world came to study in the muslim empire.
they learned Arabic because most of the knowledge was in that language./////

Where is that knoledge now?? Arabic still exists. Why are ppl not dying to learn in from all over the world now??

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Justin N Justin N wrote:

/////People from all over the world came to study in the muslim empire. they learned Arabic because most of the knowledge was in that language./////

�

Where is that knoledge now?? Arabic still exists. Why are ppl not dying to learn in from all over the world now??

we dont have that knowledge now
rosco View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 10:33pm

excuse me, i am not a muslims but i have so interest to read your chat about..

i hope that i will be found many knowledges here..

thanks, rosco

Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2005 at 2:07am

It is very simpel but you know how people want to make things complicated, islaam is an arabic word, in english it is submission for the sake of peace.

Submission for the sake of peace with The Creator and sustainer of all and everyone(you and me and all of the living beings) Allaha. Submission to Him means to obey His commands and leave what He forbids as to please Him and thus gaining Peace with Him, and these we find in the books (the torah(jewish) the evangel(christian) and koran(arabic). And doing mending works(good deeds).

We accept all the prophets and messengers who come with the truth of One god, and that Him we should please. We say "alaihim assalaam" which means "upon them is The Peace" when we mention prophets and messengers, because they achieved the peace, which is the peace of Allaha,amongst them are Moses and Jesus. We call christians and jews the people of the book(the word bible comes from the latin word Bibleo which means "book") And the prophet of "islaam" is Muhammed upon him is the peace, who came with the truth (to work to achieve peace with Allaha through obeying Him and do mending deeds in this life.)

We have been given this life and it is up to us what to do with it, the best thing is to leave it behind in a better state then when we came to it(when we were born) through doing mending works, and after we die our deeds and their effect on others is what will remain, and for our deeds we will be rewarded in the hereafter.

This is submission for the sake of peace.

rudy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2005 at 1:26pm
Yes Indeed, It is very simEl.

P-r

Originally posted by Community Community wrote:

It is very simpel but you know how people want to make things complicated, islaam is an arabic word, in english it is submission for the sake of peace.

Submission for the sake of peace with The Creator and sustainer of all and everyone(you and me and all of the living beings) Allaha. Submission to Him means to obey His commands and leave what He forbids as to please Him and thus gaining Peace with Him, and these we find in the books (the torah(jewish) the evangel(christian) and koran(arabic). And doing mending works(good deeds).

We accept all the prophets and messengers who come with the truth of One god, and that Him we should please. We say "alaihim assalaam" which means "upon them is The Peace" when we mention prophets and messengers, because they achieved the peace, which is the peace of Allaha,amongst them are Moses and Jesus. We call christians and jews the people of the book(the word bible comes from the latin word Bibleo which means "book") And the prophet of "islaam" is Muhammed upon him is the peace, who came with the truth (to work to achieve peace with Allaha through obeying Him and do mending deeds in this life.)

We have been given this life and it is up to us what to do with it, the best thing is to leave it behind in a better state then when we came to it(when we were born) through doing mending works, and after we die our deeds and their effect on others is what will remain, and for our deeds we will be rewarded in the hereafter.

This is submission for the sake of peace.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
tgrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 4:21pm

Let me give you the perspective of someone who is not Muslim (or believer in any other faith for that matter).

I was at a park in Southern California the other day.  A large group of Muslims were there having some sort of party, maybe 100 or so.  I was fascinated and curious so I watched them for 5 to 10 minutes.  ALL of the women were gathered around the table preparing the meal.  Each of them were dressed in the traditional Islamic garb for women.  NONE of them were laughing, smiling or appeared to be enjoying the beautiful day.  They did not even appear to be engaged in conversation with each other.  On the other hand, ALL of the men were dressed in comfortable, stylish, casual clothing.  They were laughing, drinking, playing games.  NOT ONE SINGLE male was speaking to a female.

I don't think these people are terrorists but, you know what, this looks like an awful way to spend your life, particularly for the women.  Maybe they accept their lot in life and act accordingly but it "appears" to be oppression to a person like me who has been taught and believes in his heart that we are all equal, male and female.  I enjoy the company of women.  I love to hear their opinions and at times we engage in lively debate.  And you know what, sometimes the women WIN!

Whenever Islam decides to enter the 21st century maybe then outsiders will stop stereotyping Muslims. 

Edited by tgrant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic