IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why are most of the Muslims.......  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are most of the Muslims.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 6:53am

Bismillah,

Has a study been done to see where most of the Muslims are in the range of liberal to extreme?  That would be a very interesting thing to read.

There are many different sects and types of Muslims all over the world.  We have to try really hard in this world to find out the facts, the truths, that this world holds.  Keep looking, but look longer, much longer.  Be scientific about your search; keep records.  A little story here and there can't lead you to a scientific conclusion.

I have been to many of those parties.  The women do laugh and have fun many times.  So you just didn't stay long enough to see that.  Yes, many of the women are the primary cooks of the family.  What is your problem with that?  But many of the cookouts the men cook the meat and work the entire cookout also.  I guess you didn't see one like that yet.

We have parties inside where the women dance, laugh, sing and talk.  It's really fun.  Women can and do have fun as Muslim women.  I like being in parties with women and no men because I can be myself, like a kid I guess, and not worry about some guy's impression of me.  I never had much fun at the ones I had to go to as a young girl.  My church had dances that we were encouraged to attend.  They were so uncomfortable!  But that's me.  Well, come to think of it, most of the girls and guys just sat around staring at the floor.  Hmm.

And guess what?  According to Websters I'm probably a fundamentalist.  I'm very opinionated, you might have noticed.  Also, the women in my husband's family, whom are Phalasteeni, are opionated, outspoken and strong women.  A lot of them take care of the kids at home and cook while their husbands work outside the home.

There have to be four witnesses to leud behavior.  These fools who implement the Quraanic laws differently are causing the trouble, not the Quraan itself.

Slavery was accepted and Allah, SWT, was guiding the people in different ways to leave the evil of slavery behind.  The Muslims did it faster and more efficiently than say, Tom Jeffereson and George Washington, who had slaves when they died and did not properly provide for them to be freed and stay with their families and have homes.  Slavery is not acceptable now, and people who do this will be punished by God when they die, if not in this world also.

Rami, I guess I'm the revert of a civil servant then because it was his translation and commentary that caused me to accept Islam years ago. 

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 2:31am
Originally posted by tgrant tgrant wrote:

Maryga wrote: The roles of Men and women are defined.

This is were you lose me. Why do religions have such a need to cast human being into certain roles based on their genitilia? Why not use hair color?

If you look at history, man and woman had different roles.

During the stone age male used to humt for food while woman prepared it, y? because at that time men were twice the size of female.

IF you look in the religion, all the prophets were men, (ie Adam, Jesus,Moses,Joseph,David)

IF you look at "American scientific", there us an article about difference between male and female brain in humans. therefore they have different roles

"Several intriguing behavioral studies add to the evidence that some sex differences in the brain arise before a baby draws its first breath."

Falcon View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 11:04pm

*First post, from a female Christian in USA.

tgrant - I was withya buddy; then, well I simply had to disagree.....

Men and Women ARE cast in certain roles because we ARE different.  How can you put hair, skin color in the same basket as genetalia?  Men and Women can have the same hair and skin color, but most men and women - well, the genetalia is what "defines" them, thus you call them Man or Woman(except in cases of birth defects as hermaphrodite etc...)

Man did not only build strong economy of world only on basis of casting blacks as subhuman - it is "OUR" nature, mankind to be Evil first and Righteous only as struggle through discipline.  We are BORN of sin.

My point (that I don't clearly nor quickly make, sorry) - my point is that - we SHOULD not "make our own choices" based on our own "feeeeelings" of what our role in life should be because then where are the boundaries?  Then there is no line between right and wrong....        &nb sp;         &nb sp;     Like NAMBLA(North American Man/Boy Love Association)>those perverted pedophiles SICKEN me - but they profess it as their CHOICE..........and the ACLU has even come to their defense (reference Michael Savage books and Bill O'Reilly books - conservative American radio hosts.)

We believers base our choices(should)on precise and accurate religeous doctrine word of God - I choose to believe the Bible's teachings that Jesus IS the Son of God.  The New Testament teaches me to follow Jesus and his desciples, not turn to a different source (Qur'an nor Muhammed)

Yes, God gave us free will - but He hopes we choose righteousness and He teaches us through the Bible what is sin, what is right, wrong, perverted, what corrupts, what kills, etc....         Where lies your moral compass?>based on your 'self' determining the rules of right and/or wrong?  based on another 'mans' word - a mere mortal human being?  We are so ignorant and unworthy of such power compared to God.  We humans could NEVER have imagined such perfections as in the laws of physics, the vast universe, the miracle of conception, birth, creation, the details of existance, DNA, scientific relationship connections of energy and matter....etc.  There HAS to be a God(as far as I base my faith)        

I digress - back to original topic - I, as a Christian visiting this site would simply state that I happen to NOT believe that most of the Muslims are terrorists, but I still have serious reservations about Islam and Muslims........

I appreciate your time if you chose to read - sorry for the long post.

freebird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 7:44pm

This is were you lose me.  Why do religions have such a need to cast human being into certain roles based on their genitilia?  Why not use hair color?   Or better yet skin color.  This is how America was able to build the strongest economy in the world.  By casting blacks as sub-human.  Yeah, that worked out great.

In the past the humanity ignored their differences based on their genitilia and the result was - they did not know that their existance and continous existance relied havily by the existance of women who bring humanity into this world. It was religion who inform humanity of this abnormality. Men with men was normal relationship, they just did not know what was wrong with it. 

But yes, if there was no information regarding this or ignore it and they would extinct, we would not be here by now.

Beside that, physically women are weaker and thats why they are encouraged to use their head. Anyway I don't actually know what is your rant all about other than just rant: 

Lo! men who surrender unto Allah, and women who surrender, and men who believe and women who believe, and men who obey and women who obey, and men who speak the truth and women who speak the truth, and men who persevere (in righteousness) and women who persevere, and men who are humble and women who are humble, and men who give alms and women who give alms, and men who fast and women who fast, and men who guard their modesty and women who guard (their modesty), and men who remember Allah much and women who remember - Allah hath prepared for them forgiveness and a vast reward. (33:35)

Originally posted by wrote:

Why not let a human being define his or her own "role" in life?  Why not let them make their own decisions, good or bad.

We live in this world as a community, a bad conduct by one member craete an impact or impact to others, commonsense.

Strippers expose their bodies to men and take home thousands of dollars per week.

So, once you have your way than every woman strip their clothes, will than each and every one of them will take home thousands of dollars per week? The harvard economist will disagree with you - I think.

So who's really being exploited here, the men or the women?  The point is that no one is holding a gun to anyone's head.

Try refuse to pay tax on your payroll and tell them that you are a free guy who does not live under any master, and see what's happen. It does not do any good barking in here. 

tgrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 12:31pm

Maryga wrote: The roles of Men and women are defined.

This is were you lose me.  Why do religions have such a need to cast human being into certain roles based on their genitilia?  Why not use hair color?   Or better yet skin color.  This is how America was able to build the strongest economy in the world.  By casting blacks as sub-human.  Yeah, that worked out great.

Why not let a human being define his or her own "role" in life?  Why not let them make their own decisions, good or bad.  Strippers expose their bodies to men and take home thousands of dollars per week.  So who's really being exploited here, the men or the women?  The point is that no one is holding a gun to anyone's head.

Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 2:27pm
Shamil,
Shamil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shamil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2005 at 12:35pm

From my, al beit limited, observations, Muslim men appear to treat their wifes as property. 

And of course in America, where men regularly go to clubs where women strip for them, and in some states legally use women as prostitutes, there is such a higher respect for women. Most civilized.

Maryga View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 4:16pm

Tgrant wrote: On the role of women, let me ask it this way.  According to the Quran, are women to be subserviant to men?  Yes or no.  From my, al beit limited, observations, Muslim men appear to treat their wifes as property.  This is a show stopper in civilized cultures which will always make Islam a barbaric and unacceptable religion.  Is this behavior cultural or does in have its roots in the Quran?

The short answer to your question is NO. The roles of Men and women are defined. It is the duty of the Man to provide for his wife and children and also has a duty towards his parents. It is the duty of the woman to safeguard her husband's property in his absence. If the woman has her own earnings, these are for her to keep. He has no right to demand it from her. She can choose to share it or not share it with her husband. She has a share in her husband's estate upon his death and she has a share in her parents estate as well. One thing that at first glance intrigues Muslims and non-Muslims alike is why she receives only half of what a man receives. This is because God has assigned certain duties to men and certain duties to women. While whatever she receives is hers to keep, he has a duty to take care of his family.

Also please don't judge Islam by what you perceive in the behaviour of Muslims. Just as in any other religion there are different types of Muslims and each one will be judged on their own.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic