IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quotes of hellfire are not necessary  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quotes of hellfire are not necessary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quotes of hellfire are not necessary
    Posted: 15 October 2005 at 5:56pm

Bismillah,

Salaamu Alaykum to all of my beloved sisters in this holy month of Ramadan.  This is just to let anyone who is interested know that I don't want or need to be reminded in any way of the punishment of hellfire.  Just in case anyone feels obliged to do so, it's not necessary, and it's going to be repetitious.  Because I truly sincerely believe that sisters will not go to hell for not wearing a scarf or for plucking their eyebrows.  I am a Muslimah!  I love you and make du'aa for you and non-Muslims too who ask me.  Allah, SWT, be with you all.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 9:43pm
Herjihad, I agree with you!! And the Islamiccity website imam says that the hadith about more women in hell than men is abused and misquoted. With all of the opression, abuse,corruption, murder, rape, child molestation, violence ect in the world that is mainly done by men, I can't Imagine that women would go to hell for plucking thier eyebrows or being grumpy to thier husbands. More than 90% of murders are commited by men and that is one of the most unforgiveable sins, so is adultery which is most oftem commited by men. So lets be real, who should be more scared on judgement day men or women? The answer is, we are each responsible for our own sins regardless of gender. And Muslims today just love making more and more rules for what is haram and will take you to hell. The Quran is very clear on what things are sins, that is enough for me. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
queenie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 5:50am
i agree that the more women in hellfire hadith is misquoted and blown out of proportion. but i disagree with the rest of your comments. Even one bad action can lead us to the hellfire....remember the woman who treated he cat with cruelty? She was thrown straight into Jahannam. on the other hand one good action which is pleasing to allah can get you straight into jannah. the fact is we just don't know what will happen...therefore does it not make sense to enjoin the good and forbid the bad? Why risk it?
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 6:23am

Assalaamu alaikum wa ramadan mubarak, sister herjihad,

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Salaamu Alaykum to all of my beloved sisters in this holy month of Ramadan.  This is just to let anyone who is interested know that I don't want or need to be reminded in any way of the punishment of hellfire.  Just in case anyone feels obliged to do so, it's not necessary, and it's going to be repetitious.  Because I truly sincerely believe that sisters will not go to hell for not wearing a scarf or for plucking their eyebrows.  I am a Muslimah!  I love you and make du'aa for you and non-Muslims too who ask me.  Allah, SWT, be with you all.

Sister, of course you have a right to use your own free will to follow your faith as you see fit.  What I think might be helpful to understand, though, is that as Muslims it is our duty to look after one another.  Now, you may feel that some comments from sisters are just meddling, or annoying, or even downright rude, but, perhaps in their hearts they feel they are just doing their Islamic duty.

Allah tells us in His book: "The Believers, men and women, are protectors of one another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practise regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messengers.  On them will Allah pour His Mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise." 9:71

So, whether you agree with what some of the sisters tell you or not, perhaps it would help you to realize that they probably think they are just doing their Islamic duty out of love for you as a sister.  It is as if they see someone dear to them playing in traffic, of course they feel compelled to give warning.  Perhaps if you could think of it in this way your heart would soften to their concern rather than your back stiffening against their reminders "of the punishment of the hellfire".

Asking someone to stop warning of something they feel could be harmful is asking them not to care about you.  You still don't have to agree, and can certainly argue your points, but don't you feel that sisters who love you have a right to warn you if they are sincere in their beliefs?

May Allah grant you much peace, serenity and inner calm during this holy month of Ramadan.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 6:31am
Yes, but the world's population is getting larger and larger and people have more access to each other via all the new technology, so if someone has been given advice once, they have probably been givern the same advice 2,000 times, whihc would lead to a lot of frustration and repetition.

What to do? Avoid people? Never go online again?

Kim...
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 6:36am

Hi Kim!

You are so right!  Perhaps we all need to learn to be more gracious with one another and smile and take that 2,001 warning just as calmly as we took the 1st one!  Other wise, I suppose we could just become jaded - hopefully not an option for the sake of human interaction!

May Allah grant us all infinite patience!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 8:04am
queenie you disagree with which of my comments, that the Quran is very clear on what is a sin and that is enough for me? What is more clear the Quran or the words of men??? Or that more grave sins are commited by men, that is a fact as well...
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 1:41pm

My sisters, in general, all actions are accountable whether big or small. Frankly speaking, for person like me, avoidance of hell is only through the mercy (rehma) of Allah alone and not my acts, only if I realise it to be the fact. I don't know how any one other than Allah, can make some one else to go to hell or heaven?

On the other hand, specifically speaking of issues like 'scarf or no scarf' and 'pluking hairs or not' are of Islamic importance only through the norms of society one lives in. What I mean to say is that on such issues, Quran has a quite a wide guidelines. It is only the societies in which real people live in, that determines as what is allowed and what is not allowed in that society but within the boundaries set by Allah. Once this is realized, I think, then no such issues become really an issue at all. Simply because, everyone (an indivdual) is exactly clear as what is lawfull and what is not lawfull by the society. For people living outside the influence of Islamic society, naturally, the question of lawfullness or otherwise, doesn't arise where the implementation of Allah's law is not by humans but by Allah Himself and who doesn't need any outside appearances and one's intentions are sufficient evidnece. I hope this make sense to all those who use their wisdom to understand Islam. May Allah give us more guidance to understand Islam in its right perspective. Amen.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic