IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Syria  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Syria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2013 at 2:04pm
>>> AIPAC had issued a statement strongly in support of a strike.

Interestingly, the Council on American-Islamic Relations(CAIR) has also come out in support of a strike:

"Despite President Obama's clear statement that use of chemical weapons constitutes a 'red line' that must not be crossed, little or no action has been taken by our government to stop the massacre of Syrian civilians using banned weapons.

We condemn this most recent violence and urge our government to act without delay in taking concrete steps to bring an end to criminal attacks by the Assad regime that have already killed more than 100,000 Syrians.

President Obama should also carry out his as yet unfulfilled pledge to send military supplies to those fighting for freedom in Syria. Statements alone are insufficient to persuade Assad and his regime to step aside and to allow freedom and justice to take root in Syria.

CAIR Urges Obama to 'Act Without Delay' After Syria Gas Massacre
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

>>> AIPAC had issued a statement strongly in support of a strike.

Interestingly, the Council on American-Islamic Relations(CAIR) has also come out in support of a strike:

"Despite President Obama's clear statement that use of chemical weapons constitutes a 'red line' that must not be crossed, little or no action has been taken by our government to stop the massacre of Syrian civilians using banned weapons.

We condemn this most recent violence and urge our government to act without delay in taking concrete steps to bring an end to criminal attacks by the Assad regime that have already killed more than 100,000 Syrians.

President Obama should also carry out his as yet unfulfilled pledge to send military supplies to those fighting for freedom in Syria. Statements alone are insufficient to persuade Assad and his regime to step aside and to allow freedom and justice to take root in Syria.

CAIR Urges Obama to 'Act Without Delay' After Syria Gas Massacre

Greetings Reepicheep,

This is no surprise given the information I have come upon in the last month or so.  CAIR it appears, is a front for the Muslim Brotherhood in the U.S. 
http://shoebat.com/2013/09/03/obama-salutes-muslim-brotherhood-in-usa/

I found this to be compelling also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To8MVbmyLYA

Edited by Caringheart - 05 September 2013 at 3:47pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2013 at 8:36pm
Council on American-Islamic Relations Statement:

"We condemn this most recent violence and urge our government to act without delay in taking concrete steps to bring an end to criminal attacks by the Assad regime that have already killed more than 100,000 Syrians.
"President Obama should also carry out his as yet unfulfilled pledge to send military supplies to those fighting for freedom in Syria. Statements alone are insufficient to persuade Assad and his regime to step aside and to allow freedom and justice to take root in Syria.
"The Syrian regime must be forced to allow a U.N. investigation of this deadly attack and America must work with other leading nations to end the conflict.
"History will not be kind to those who merely stand and watch as millions suffer and die in Syria."

Our government has already taken steps to assist those seeking to oppose Assad militarily, which was a mistake in my estimation, and U.N. investigators are on the ground in Syria. If CAIR is calling for American strikes against Syria, which is not clear in the above statement, their organization is out of step with the majority of Americans who are in opposition to US military involvement.   
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 5:38pm

Interview with Bashar al-Assad - Monday, Sep. 9, 2013 at 9 pm

http://www.pbs.org/a...ashar-al-assad/

I am looking forward to hearing what Bashar has to say.

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic