IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Syria  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Syria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syria
    Posted: 28 August 2013 at 8:05pm
U.S. rejects Syrian request that U.N. inspectors stay longer, possibly delaying military strike

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/syria-wants-un-weapons-inspectors-to-stay-longer-move-could-forestall-us-military-strike/2013/08/28/69855348-1008-11e3-85b6-d27422650fd5_story.html

Comments

Michiganian
12:50 PM PDT
Right, the Middle East is a complete mess. Let's lob in a few bombs just to make it better, since we can do so, even though there is some difference of opinion on whether the government or the rebels are responsible for the gas attack.

Hasn't anybody even figured out that we can always drop bombs tomorrow if needed, but we can't un-drop the ones we send in today?

Edited by abuayisha - 28 August 2013 at 8:06pm
whitelion553 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelion553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 4:12am

Syria will become a "graveyard of the invaders"

Putin : no evidence has been given on the use of chemical weapons by the government of Syria, adding that Russian does not believe that Syrian government has used chemical weapons since they have been advancing in the war and did not need to do it

Many facts "tend to prove the innocence of the Syrian government, which has been subject to false accusations," AFP quoted the ambassador as saying

Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad�s Regime

Syria war to cause Israel destruction

Who benefits from using chemical weapons?

President Hassan Rouhani: Any adventurism in the Middle East would endanger regional and global stability. people of the world, especially in the region, are not ready for a new war and warned that any adventurism in the region would only result in promotion of extremism and terrorism
i try to say only facts
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

U.S. rejects Syrian request that U.N. inspectors stay longer, possibly delaying military strike

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/syria-wants-un-weapons-inspectors-to-stay-longer-move-could-forestall-us-military-strike/2013/08/28/69855348-1008-11e3-85b6-d27422650fd5_story.html

Comments

Michiganian
12:50 PM PDT
Right, the Middle East is a complete mess. Let's lob in a few bombs just to make it better, since we can do so, even though there is some difference of opinion on whether the government or the rebels are responsible for the gas attack.

Hasn't anybody even figured out that we can always drop bombs tomorrow if needed, but we can't un-drop the ones we send in today?

It is very disturbing, and beyond perplexing.
The first statement, if true, is most disturbing.  What good reason could there be for the U.S. to deny such a request.
And I agree with Michiganian.

Edited by Caringheart - 29 August 2013 at 2:19pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
qasim88 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qasim88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 3:25pm
Salaam everyone. The following is my political analyses of the justification used to postulate possible US intervention in Syria. Inshallah i hope it is of benefit.

Link to article: ideasforthemodernworld.wordpress.com/2013/08/28/is-us-intervention-in-syria-justified/

Or you can access my article on New Civilisation:
http://www.newcivilisation.com/home/3410/middle-east/is-us-intervention-in-syria-justified/
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 3:10pm

I wish I understood what it is that Assad hopes to achieve... what is his plan for his country... what is it he is trying to accomplish...

How strange it is to see France on the side of the U.S.

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 3:31pm
Qasim the end of your analysis, that;

"Thus if Al Assad�s regime is to fall then the security of one of America�s greatest and important assets, Israel, will come into jeopardy. The UN also has no credibility as an arbitrator for a peaceful solution given its inability to apply and enforce international law consistently. The reality is that the justification for intervention is not because of the use of chemical weapons by Al-Assad�s regime, but rather the rise of an Islamic vision which if materialised could potentially threaten US political interests indefinitely in the region."

appears to run counter-intuitive to everything written prior to your ending argument.

Edited by abuayisha - 02 September 2013 at 3:32pm
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

The first statement, if true, is most disturbing.  What good reason could there be for the U.S. to deny such a request.

This is Iraq all over again.  The parallels are so obvious I can't believe anyone even takes the US seriously when they (again!) make claims about WMD based on dubious evidence. 

And now (again!) they want the inspectors out.  First I've heard of that, but it fits.  They are determined to start the bombing, and they wouldn't want the inspectors to weaken their justification for it.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2013 at 8:51am
Yesterday we noted that AIPAC had issued a statement strongly in support of a strike. Now it�s in �full court press,� its power on the line. Haaretz�s Chemi Shalev says the entire American Jewish establishment jumped off the fence to support the strike, yesterday:

The American Jewish establishment jumped off the fence on Tuesday and came out in full support of Congressional approval of President Barack Obama�s plans to launch a military strike against Syria�s chemical weapon capacity.

And Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren took the unusual step of expressing support for elements of President Obama�s statements on Syria, including his assertion that the Assad regime must be held accountable and that there should be �international consequences� for his use of chemical weapons.

The sudden unified burst of support for Obama�s request for Congressional authorization for a strike against Syria follows almost two weeks in which Jewish organizations have maintained a low profile on the August 21 chemical attack near Damascus and the American response to it.

http://mondoweiss.net/2013/09/in-sunlight-at-last-israel-lobby-throws-its-full-weight-behind-obamas-syria-strike.html

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/09/03/aipac-in-full-court-press-on-syria.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic