IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - dutch bans burka  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dutch bans burka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:02pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

what is this asumption that women are being forced to wear this, the majority of women are not forced to wear the burqah. If they choose to they have the right, how can you take there rights away when allah himself has advised women to cover up and the best women of islam chose to wear the burqah.

that picture is a gross exageration from an anti islamic site.

your original message has changed, my reply was to that.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:53pm
Rami-I am not saying that women should not wear it, I am saying that holland does not have to allow it if they don't want to. And I don't believe for one second most women in Afghanistan love thier Burkas.  They are very eager to abandon them when they leave the country. It is not Islamic law for a woman to cover her whole face including her eyes and walk around like an invisible person. It is only the opression of men who interpret it. Many women who wear a Burqa or Niqab in the world have little to say in the matter, since they are dependant on men. Most of them do not work at least in the west so they completely rely on the men in thier lives. I fully support a women wearing a Hijab and covering the head and being modest, however I don't think holland should have to support women wearing a Burqa in public at all times. And please dont tell me wearing a Burqa in Europe or America will protect you, it will only scare people and make them harass you...
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 10:58pm
ak_m_f-we don't need you here, as muslims we can debate these things rationally on our own. If you are a hater just move on because no one will engage you. Even though I disagree with Rami I still listen and am open to his opinion and respect what he has to say. You obviously have nothing better to do than to try and make trouble here.. Peace
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 11:53pm
Wow she is 6-3?
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 12:29am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Rami-I am not saying that women should not wear it, I am saying that holland does not have to allow it if they don't want to.

Secular states profess religious freedom and tolarence, if the person holds the view that the burqah is wajib then forcing them to remove it is against this religious freedom and tolarence they profess.

And I don't believe for one second most women in Afghanistan love thier Burkas.  They are very eager to abandon them when they leave the country. It is not Islamic law for a woman to cover her whole face including her eyes and walk around like an invisible person. It is only the opression of men who interpret it. Many women who wear a Burqa or Niqab in the world have little to say in the matter, since they are dependant on men.

Sister you are speaking for people you do not know, afghanistan is not the be all and end all of the argument of the burqah can we please stop reffering to it. It was run by wahhabi extremist who held the view that you can force personnel law on people, which is unislamic practice. A women has the religious right to follow any school of thought she chooses so if they took of the burqah that is there right in islam. there are many who choose to wear it in western countries where women have more rights than men.

the burqah is Islamic law can you show it is not?

you may like to read the following it is the ruling in the hanafi school, note that he says default ruling. Women wearing it in afghanistan or any other majority muslim country wear it to fulfil Islamic law not out of opression or becouse they are being forced. just like they pray 5 times a day to fulfil the command of allah, i am certain you will also find women who are forced to wear the hijab does that mean wearing it is bad or how the matter is being handelled is bad. we need to seperate issues sister, forcing someone to do something is haram this includes the burqah or anything else in this life, afghanistan and saudi arabia are good examples of this opression that the people face.

Most of them do not work at least in the west so they completely rely on the men in thier lives. I fully support a women wearing a Hijab and covering the head and being modest, however I don't think holland should have to support women wearing a Burqa in public at all times.

most women in the world do not work does that mean there husbands are opressing them or dont love them. if you love your wife you do not opress her, im certain muslim men love there wives as much as non muslims...we love them so much we want to mary four at one time

And please dont tell me wearing a Burqa in Europe or America will protect you, it will only scare people and make them harass you...

no, there is a good excuse for a women to wear only the hijab in those countries, but her choice is hers in islam.

as i said sister the stronger position is that burqah is wajib but the person has the choice to wear it or not, personnel law is not enforcable in islam it is a personnel choice. i am talking pure law here im certain people are being opressed around the world but what is sanctioned in islam is our means to judge what is right and what is wrong, its our criterion.

relating this back to holand, they can do what they like in the end it will be an excuse for us in the eyes of allah.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

ak_m_f-we don't need you here, as muslims we can debate these things
rationally on our own. If you are a hater just move on because no one
will engage you. Even though I disagree with Rami I still listen and am
open to his opinion and respect what he has to say. You obviously have
nothing better to do than to try and make trouble here.. Peace

no one is hater here, I just posted the picture to prove that it how weird it will look to have burka legalized. I am not against scarf or hijab.

but things like these give muslims a bad name.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 7:29am

Bro Rami says "The Burqah is personnel law not something enforcable by any government islamic or otherwise..." and at an earlier post he talks about social influences where he says ""....It takes away the social pressure placed on women as being sexual objects........."

If we look at this kind of reasoning, we indeed are looking at the social legitimacy of "Burqah" within the boundaries of Islam. In doing so, though we do take care of minimum requirements of hijab, as ordained in Quran and sunnah, but totally neglect the other extreme of it that the "shettle cock Burqah" presents. It is this kind of extreme form of hijab, that is problematic for identification purposes in modern societies, though it may still have usefullness in some societies.

Secondly, my bro rami insists on freezing Islam to that of interpretations under 4 madhahibs when he says "There is no room for interpretation outside of what Islams schools of law have decreed,.....", where as he probably himself my realize that these 4 madhahibs came into existance on the basis of their rational critical examination of evidences from Quran and Sunnah. That too, not in an instant of time but over the period of several generations long after the year of Hijra. Hence it would be naive to limit Islam within the box of 4 interpretations. This is not to say that any scholar of such a stature in modern era exists (based on my limited knowledge), who has the appropriate qualification to bring better interpretataions as a whole, though badly needed. Nevertheless, it doesn't preclude individuals to research and reason out such personal issues with their own sincere and humble understandings from the same evidences of Quran and sunnah. After all, as bro Rami as categorized it as matter of personal law, Allah is the judge who knows all inner dimensions of an individual. Indeed Allah knows the best.

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 10:05am

I was listening to a lecture about Islam.. and the scholar was talking about some thinking that the Burqua is required..

that confuses me if the Quran clearly states that men should "lower their gazes'. If any woman is in a full burqua (as some people think it is required) why does the gaze need to be lowered? If we all were in burquas then what would be the point? 

just confused..

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic