IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Gospel Of Barnabas ( 19 B.C. - 62 A.D. )  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gospel Of Barnabas ( 19 B.C. - 62 A.D. )

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2013 at 4:04pm
Wonder if you read all that before pasting.

Yes, Barnabus is mentioned some 20 times in the NT. He truly was one of the lost sheep of Israel, exactly who Jesus came for. He became one of the best Apostles.

Barnabus introduced Paul to the Disciples as "called" as they all were. Note that this does not make Paul a self-appointed apostle.
They became good friends and did missionary journeys together. The falling out was over taking an "apprentice" along on the trip or not, nothing between their beliefs.

Proof is there, Paul and Barnabus knew the same God, the same Jesus, and preached the same message.

This becomes problematic in the sense that either Paul was a true Apostle, or Barnabus was in on the whole "evil Paul" scheme.
It's very interesting that nothing written by Barnabus wasn't kept, or accepted at Nicaea. He's accredited a Gospel, an Epistle, and an Apocalypse yet all we have is the gospel of Barnabus of very questionable origin. Does not always agree with the Quran either...

I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Al Saadiqeen21 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2013 at 8:46am

Webber < Don't come with that pasting line etc etc , just because you disagree , Paul is a Deceiver and a Liarrrrr plus his body house the devil .

The Book of Romans 3 ; 7 , States , And I quote ; For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

The Book of Romans 7 ; 14 - 24 States , And I quote ;For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

By the way Paul the liar/ devil  never met The Prophet / Messiah Isa , Yashu'a , Jesus Christ . If you going step to me don't come with any Story-line or Hadith with backing it up with Scriptures . Also don't come with weak excuse just because you disagree , I see that as sign of Insecurity and Weakness

One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 4:07pm
I see your "hop to it" aggression as a sign of insecurity and weakness, but hey...

Don't come with that pasting line etc etc

Tells me you can copy/paste anything you like without question, (whether you even read it or not). I believe your point is Christians should jump to your post, run around looking for answers you believe are not there, neither would you accept any explanation regardless. All this, just for you. Is comedic. Reminds me of the special needs syndrome, but I don't know you well enough to discern.

Copy/paste is fine as long as you give credit where credit is due. (supply source) In this case I can understand not having done that as a quick search found the sane speech in four other blogs, (even a Sunni site) but none of them gave the true source either...

"and I quote"...cute.
To be fair, (which I don't believe you care to be) you'd have to read the pre and post chapters to understand what he's talking about, (which I doubt you would). I don't imagine your agenda includes learning the truth so until you actually have read there's nota lota use explaining anything, is there.   

I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Webber Webber wrote:

I see your "hop to it" aggression as a sign of insecurity and weakness, but hey...

Don't come with that pasting line etc etc

Tells me you can copy/paste anything you like without question, (whether you even read it or not). I believe your point is Christians should jump to your post, run around looking for answers you believe are not there, neither would you accept any explanation regardless. All this, just for you. Is comedic. Reminds me of the special needs syndrome, but I don't know you well enough to discern.

Copy/paste is fine as long as you give credit where credit is due. (supply source) In this case I can understand not having done that as a quick search found the sane speech in four other blogs, (even a Sunni site) but none of them gave the true source either...

"and I quote"...cute.
To be fair, (which I don't believe you care to be) you'd have to read the pre and post chapters to understand what he's talking about, (which I doubt you would). I don't imagine your agenda includes learning the truth so until you actually have read there's nota lota use explaining anything, is there.   

Beat it with that crap crying like a woman CryCryCry
One doesn't go to school let His / her's mind to die , They go to school so that their mind will come alive .

Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2013 at 4:44am
Hi Al,

From Post 2, Page 1:
Quote: The subject of this ( Post ) is one of interest to a great multitude of peope . Why ? The reason is that many people who have any kind of knowldge of the Gospel of Barnabas ( 19 B.C. - 62 A.D.) have their own opinions of it . Some Believe it Exist , other do not . And their are other who do not know what to Believe . The purpose of The Gospel of Barnabas , It is a beatiful , awesome and inspiring work . Which will guide you on a journey through time to the period that holds the key to understanding this magifficant story . Once you understand the true account of this worthy Disciple , you will no longer be held prisoner by Belief in the Trinity , the Crucifixion of Isa , Jesus ( The Messiah , Pbuh ) .

Response: --- If you check on line you can find information on the book called the Gospel of Barnabas. --- There is some mystery around it, because it says it was written from the 1200-1400 AD, --- either in Italian and translated into Spanish, or in Spanish and translated to Italian.
--- It is written as though he was an Apostle, but the disciple, Barnabas, in the Book of Acts, is not mentioned until Chapter 4, some time after Jesus had been resurrected, and had ascended to heaven.
--- It is by no means authentic or factual, but whoever wrote it used the name �Barnabas� and for unknowing readers, it can sound like scriptural writing.

However, there was an Epistle by Barnabas which is dated from the first century, when Barnabas lived, and is included in the Codex Siniaticus of 400 AD.
--- While your Barnabas distorts the story of the crucifixion, --- It is written this way in the Epistle of Barnabas Chapter 5:
1 For to this end the Lord endured to deliver His flesh unto corruption, that by the remission of sins we might be cleansed, which cleansing is through the blood of His sprinkling.
2 For the scripture concerning Him containeth some things relating to Israel, and some things relating to us. And it speaketh thus; He was wounded for your transgressions, and He hath been bruised for our sins; by His stripes we were healed. As a sheep He was led to slaughter, as a lamb is dumb before his shearer.
3 We ought therefore to be very thankful unto the Lord, for that He both revealed unto us the past, and made us wise in the present, and as regards the future we are not without understanding.
4 Now the scripture saith; Not unjustly is the net spread for the birds. He meaneth this that a man shall justly perish, who having the knowledge of the way of righteousness forceth himself into the way of darkness.
5 There is yet this also, my brethren; if the Lord endured to suffer for our souls, though He was Lord of the whole world, unto whom God said from the foundation of the world, Let us make man after our image and likeness, how then did He endure to suffer at the hand of men?
6 Understand ye. The prophets, receiving grace from Him, prophesied concerning Him. But He Himself endured that He might destroy death and show forth the resurrection of the dead, for that He must needs be manifested in the flesh;
7 that at the same time He might redeem the promise made to the fathers, and by preparing the new people for Himself might show, while He was on earth, that having brought about the resurrection He will Himself exercise judgment.
8 Yea and further, He preached teaching Israel and performing so many wonders and miracles, and He loved him exceedingly.
9 And when He chose His own apostles who were to proclaim His Gospel, who that He might show that He came not to call the righteous but sinners were sinners above every sin, then He manifested Himself to be the Son of God.
10 For if He had not come in the flesh neither would men have looked upon Him and been saved, forasmuch as when they look upon the sun that shall cease to be, which is the work of His own hands, they cannot face its rays.
11 Therefore the Son of God came in the flesh to this end, that He might sum up the complete tale of their sins against those who persecuted and slew His prophets.
12 To this end therefore He endured. For God saith of the wounds of His flesh that they came from them; When they shall smite their own shepherd, then shall the sheep of the flock be lost.
13 But He Himself desired so to suffer; for it was necessary for Him to suffer on a tree. For he that prophesied said concerning Him, Spare My soul form the sword; and, Pierce My flesh with nails, for the congregations of evil-doers have risen up against Me.
14 And again He saith; Behold I have given My back to stripes, and My cheeks to smitings, and My face did I set as a hard rock.

6:4 And the prophet saith again; The stone which the builders rejected, this became the head and the corner. And again He saith; This is the great and wonderful day, which the Lord made.

Placid
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Saadiqeen21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2013 at 11:36am

Thankyou I Agree with you 100% Most people are to lazyyy to take the time to Research things , thankyou . Keep searching for more truth ok

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic