IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Books, Newspapers & Magazines
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Kids" book After by Prose  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Kids" book After by Prose

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Kids" book After by Prose
    Posted: 14 October 2005 at 8:51am

Bismillah,

This is at the sixth grade level.  It explores the control that schools have over our children through an unlikely seizure of the schools by some American agency which slowly pulls the children out of the schools for drug use but also for minor infractions and has them sent to camps where they are eventually killed if they do not comply with the leaders.

I try to read books that my little ones read, if not the whole book, then portions of it.  This book has a loose comment about homosexuality and a few pages in which the boy talks about making out with his girlfriend.

The reading level is sixth grade, but I don't want my child to finish it.  There are a lot of other books without this type of content that he can read.  I would say that 10th or 11th graders would appreciate the story line more than the audience that it is targeted to, but I still would prefer that the older children not read it either.

I shold note that he got this book from his elementary school library.  When my older child saw the book, he said his teacher had him read it in sixth grade!

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic