IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to Discuss Sensitive Political Topics  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to Discuss Sensitive Political Topics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Discuss Sensitive Political Topics
    Posted: 10 August 2013 at 2:14pm
As shown in my signature, I'm here to gain a better understanding of Islamic politics. I've been studying Islam intensely for many months now.

I'd like to initiate and participate in intellectual conversations about topics that many people might view as "sensitive" (for example, the spread of Sharia into the West, Islamophobia, the history of violent conquests across all the major religions, comparing the scripture of the main religions, abrogation, taqiyya, and so on).

I've attempted to hold such discussions in other religious forums (Islamic and non-Islamic), and the discussions seem to end up causing trouble.

I'm not here to cause trouble, I'm not here to waste anyone's time. I'm not interested in becoming a Muslim (or a Christian for that matter).

My question is this, given everything I've said, do you guys think it would cause trouble to discuss these kinds of complicated topics here? I'd much rather know now, than waste everyone's time and cause commotion.

If this is not the appropriate place, no worries, does anyone know where such discussions can be held?

Thanks for your time.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2013 at 10:38am
Hi Icehorse,

"How to Discuss Sensitive Political Topics"

You should get on well enough if you do so with tact, politeness and remain within forum guidelines. The board seems comparatively inactive lately, and I come and go, but if you would like to engage in controversy, have a go. I am no stranger to that. Welcome, in any case, to the board which has always been hospitable to me.

Best regards,

Serv
Male (vestigial) Christian
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2013 at 10:48am
Icehorse, Welcome.
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 12:21pm
Hi mr icehorse,
To start off no problem here.I will start it off for you define what you mean and understand by Sharia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic