IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - can Muslim boy be Frd of Christian girl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can Muslim boy be Frd of Christian girl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

As far as I know, Islam is the only religion that forbids friendship, ever, with anyone.

This is the type of irresponsible, and reckless islamophobia that only serves to polarize and fuel hatred. These are difficult times we are all living in and rhetoric has consequences.  

I added back my qualifying phrase "as far as I know", which you dropped in quoting me.  Without that, my statement is much more polarizing and reckless than I intended it.  Yes, rhetoric has consequences -- but so do misquotes.

Abu Loren says that Islam forbids friendship between girls and boys.  I wasn't aware of that, and I invite him to show evidence for that claim.  However, it doesn't surprise me much, because the Quran repeatedly forbids Muslims to have non-Muslim friends.  Just a few of many examples:
  • 3:118  "O ye who believe! Take not for intimates others than your own folk, who would spare no pains to ruin you; they love to hamper you."
  • 60:13  "O ye who believe! Be not friendly with a folk with whom Allah is wroth, (a folk) who have despaired of the Hereafter as the disbelievers despair of those who are in the graves."
  • 5:80  "Thou seest many of them making friends with those who disbelieve. Surely ill for them is that which they themselves send on before them : that Allah will be wroth with them and in the doom they will abide."
  • 9:23  "O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith. Whoso of you taketh them for friends, such are wrong doers."
  • 4:144  "O ye who believe! Choose not disbelievers for (your) friends in place of believers. Would ye give Allah a clear warrant against you?"
Now, it's quite possible that other religions have similar prohibitions, which is why I said "as far as I know"; but I haven't heard of them.  I welcome anyone who can offer examples.

It's also quite possible that Muslims have ways of twisting the (IMHO) very clear xenophobic message of the Quran into something more ecumenical.  I'd like to hear about that too.

But please don't accuse me of fueling hatred and polarization, merely for pointing out the many polarizing and hate-filled statements in the Quran itself.

Edited by Ron Webb - 22 June 2014 at 2:16pm
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 2:42pm
Theology must be understood in context, however given your feigned ignorance of contextual relevance, which has been explained on these boards many times, along with how you ended your comment about our Holy Book, indeed you and your ilk are very careless and vile.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 8:07pm
Really, abuayisha, what is the point in posting something like that?  If you think there is some context I am missing, then please explain what it is.  Otherwise, ad hominems only undermine your own credibility.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 9:03pm
Please drop your pretense at seeking an explanation. What I have said about you is simply an applicable conclusion based on your own statements. You allow your hate for Islam and Muslims to cause you to be intellectually dishonest.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Please drop your pretense at seeking an explanation. What I have said about you is simply an applicable conclusion based on your own statements. You allow your hate for Islam and Muslims to cause you to be intellectually dishonest.

Greetings abuayisha,

Why does that so often seem to be the fall back answer for any argument that can't be answered...
accuse people of being dishonest, disingenuine, insincere, of having an agenda.... call them ignorant, and 'hateful', or an islamophobe...  and so on, and so on....
It's very frustrating, tiresome, and offensive(if one chooses to be offended, however, most of us, to our credit, manage to take these ad-hominem attacks in our strides.).

asalaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 22 June 2014 at 9:16pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
osamahk View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osamahk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2014 at 8:14am
why should i show these to my parent??lol st**id . its my life   . show your comments to ur frds . see what they say??
also is this forum urs??u own this forum?lol u dont even have a rubbish bin .i am scared that u cant even afford to buy a rubbish bin
osamahk View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osamahk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2014 at 8:22am
hey hey hey . did that old man gives me respect?no.he called me little boy . so this means that i can called him with any words . just like him
also i dont know who u are . but stay away from our matter . i dont need i
ur advice .
he trys u tell me that he is bigger ,he has more voice than me .thats why he called boy . read quran old man . no white ppl should have rules on black ppl . no elder should have rules on younger one . no rich guy should have rules on poor guy . so who u are to say littleboy?? mind ur business
osamahk View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osamahk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2014 at 8:24am
give me belt ?who wants it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic