IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Error in Quran and hadiths about Thamud  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error in Quran and hadiths about Thamud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 25>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

W.S.Quran is superior to science,one example i can give u that Quran is superior to science in ch 24 v 40 Allah describes the nature of disbeliever to the layers of waves within waves, this fact we came to know few 100 yrs back but Allah mentioned this 1400 yrs ago, I pray that may Allah give u true guidance.

The verse correctly states that there are layers of waves and that there are darknesses in the oceans. That is a remarkable scientific observation, and something that Muhammad would not have known. I have no doubt that the Quran is from a supernatural source.

Its supernatural author, while he was aware of darkness in the ocean and of wave layers, was not aware of the fact that there is no forbidden barrier between salty and fresh water, as we discussed here:
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25822

He was also unaware of the fact that the buildings at Madain Saleh were carved out of rock by the Nabataeans, not the Thamud, as we discussed on this thread.

He also claimed that Muhammad is his prophet, yet Muhammad said some things that were obviously errors. For example, here:
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26078

The supernatural source that dictated the Quran and Muhammad's teachings is very intelligent, but not God. God does not make mistakes.

Edited by TG12345 - 08 October 2013 at 5:02pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 7:02am
Now u r close u accepted that quran is from supernatural source, who could b supernatural besides Allah.I know u r internally starting to believe that Quran is last revelation of Allah.once again I repeat the verse of ch 39 v 41-Allah says truth is in front of u except it and b successful or reject it.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 7:57am
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

I don't need to prove Islam is wrong. The Quran and hadiths do a great job doing this on their own.

There is absolutely NO contradiction in the Qur'an, it is all in your head. If you look back at all of your posts you will see that you came here with an agenda and that agenda is still burning bright inside your head.

I read the Quran critically and question what it says. I would expect anyone else to do the same with the Bible.

In fact, I would expect people to read critically and question what I write, and if they see mistakes, to point them out to me.

You question what it says in the Qur'an and when people give you the answers you simply do not want to know, you just shut your mind to the logical answers that are given to you. If you nit pick the Qur'an then you will be very busy until the day you die.

Edited by Abu Loren - 09 October 2013 at 7:59am
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 4:35pm

Now u r close u accepted that quran is from supernatural source, who could b supernatural besides Allah.I know u r internally starting to believe that Quran is last revelation of Allah.once again I repeat the verse of ch 39 v 41-Allah says truth is in front of u except it and b successful or reject it.

Supernatural was the wrong word to use. I meant to say something that is not worldly.

The truth is indeed in front of you and me. The truth demonstrates that the buildings carved out of rock at Al Hijr were made by the Nabateans, not the Thamud. The truth also demonstrates that there is no complete partition between salty and fresh water that forbids them to transgress, instead they mix and form brackish water.

Edited by TG12345 - 09 October 2013 at 4:35pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2013 at 7:15am
B clear don't b a guy of double meaning even if u say not wordly who could b not of world, its Allah u accepted that Allah is author of Quran.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2013 at 5:57pm

I don't need to prove Islam is wrong. The Quran and hadiths do a great job doing this on their own.
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

There is absolutely NO contradiction in the Qur'an, it is all in your head. If you look back at all of your posts you will see that you came here with an agenda and that agenda is still burning bright inside your head.

I am not alleging contradictions. I am alleging scientific and historical errors.

I read the Quran critically and question what it says. I would expect anyone else to do the same with the Bible.

In fact, I would expect people to read critically and question what I write, and if they see mistakes, to point them out to me.

You question what it says in the Qur'an and when people give you the answers you simply do not want to know, you just shut your mind to the logical answers that are given to you.

What are these logical answers? I have yet to see a shred of historical or archaeological evidence stating that the structures carved out of rock at Al Hijr were created by the Thamud before Moses. I have yet to see any evidence refuting the findings (by both Muslim and non-Muslim archaeologists and historians) that these buildings were made by the Nabataeans between 200 BC and AD 200. When you can show me evidence that my sources are wrong, or better yet that that what the Quran saying is true, it will be a "logical answer".

If you nit pick the Qur'an then you will be very busy until the day you die.

There are much more errors in the hadiths, actually.

My life is devoted to following Jesus Christ. Debating Islam is only one aspect
of it.

Edited by TG12345 - 10 October 2013 at 6:00pm
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2013 at 5:58pm

B clear don't b a guy of double meaning even if u say not wordly who could b not of world, its Allah u accepted that Allah is author of Quran.

Allah is not of this world. Neither is Satan. Or the angels. Or the demons.

I do not know who wrote the Quran. I know it was not Allah.

Edited by TG12345 - 10 October 2013 at 5:59pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2013 at 7:09am
Allah created the world that's y obviously he will say how we have to live life and he is the best judge of all our affairs as mentioned in ch 3 v 173.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 25>
  Share Topic