IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Roles of men  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roles of men

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote restless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 11:55pm
According to Islam, duties of a man include protecting the life and honour of those who depend on him for that.
A man should not be proud/conceited of his strength/power and use it to scare others.
A man should be generous in donating for charity what he earns.
A man should not act cowardly while performing his duty towards others.

Assuming, you wanted to know the about view of Muslim men towards women.

Duty of women is to follow and support her man.

Desirable qualities of women are just the opposite to those desirable of men.
A woman should be proud so as not the act dishonourably.

A woman should be frugal in spending her husband money.

A woman should be timid so that she is conscious of what others think about her (and thus be proud) and does not act wrongly.
rudy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 4:23am
well said herjihad , jazaka lahou khayran.

rudy
peace

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

Some of us don't believe in the established Shar'iah.  And the punishments in general when they are physical such as mutilation or death, some of us, fortunately will never vote to implement such things.

Show me a rich man from Saudi or anywhere in the world who has been punished in such a way. (Not literally, btw.  I avoid viewing bloodshed whenver possible!)  Even if you know of a story of one or two, which I doubt, the point is that most people punished harshly are poor or politically not connected, or out of favor because they insulted the people in power.  And this is true in the wild, wild West as well.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 6:48am

As salamu alikum Herjihad

Some of us don't believe in the established Shar'iah.  And the punishments in general when they are physical such as mutilation or death, some of us, fortunately will never vote to implement such things.

Sister, from your username I've assumed you are Muslim.  If so, what do you mean you don't believe in the "established sharia'h".  Are you saying you have a problem with the law given to us by Allah in the Quran?  If so, why call yourself Muslim.   As Muslims we have to submit our will to Allah.  That means obey him.    Allah Says:

5:38 "As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah, for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in power. "

It bothers me when you say "some of US" as if it is acceptable for a Muslim to deny the decree of Allah.     Allah says:

33:36 "It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path."

Allah has decreed the punishment for theft.   Muslims accept it.  Are you telling me that you follow part of the Quran (that you like) and reject the rest (that you don't like).  What does Allah say about this:

2:85 ......... "Then is it only a part of the Book that ye believe in, and do ye reject the rest? but what is the reward for those among you who behave like this but disgrace in this life?- and on the Day of Judgment they shall be consigned to the most grievous penalty. For Allah is not unmindful of what ye do. "

Herjihad, if I have said anything to offend you please forgive me (that surely isn't my intent). 

Salaam

Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 1:33pm

Hi Trisha,

I would be careful how much credence you give to Islamic literature's discussion of the role of women.  They may SAY they respect women, but the truth is far different. Be Careful, that's all.  Don't fall for the hype.

rudy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 2:06pm

My dear Trisha, these are the typy of ignorant individuales we have to deal with all the time. I intruduce to you Steve!

peace -rudy

Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Hi Trisha,

I would be careful how much credence you give to Islamic literature's discussion of the role of women.  They may SAY they respect women, but the truth is far different. Be Careful, that's all.  Don't fall for the hype.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
Trisha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 2:46pm

I do understand some men ( or people in general ) may not completly abide to the law of the Sharia or Quran. Which in this case states respecting their women. But you can't honestly say that Muslim men in general do not respect their women. The truth really couldn't be as wrong as you state? That's a little stereotyped, wouldn't you say? I mean, we hear a lot about the flaws of the religion, and many others, but that can't block out the truth. There may be some wrong people. But you really can't say all Muslim men do not repect their women as they should.

Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Hi Trisha,

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 5:47pm

Bismillah,

I have known people of all religions, or lack of, and I have seen them respect and disrespect each other and their wives.  Muslims are clearly guided that respect and love between husbands, wives, children, and their parents is something that deserves the reward of Heaven.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 6:30pm
bismillahi rahmani raheem,

the website has nice colors, but the image does kinda fell my expectations. i guess we hv to wait her being graded. in the meantime muslims just have to bare, i guess. & i do hope Trisha will tell her teacher & class mates the exact fact after being graded. honestly, i'm uneasy as i'm afraid people who just skimp & browse, & don't read much will have a severed bloody hand ingrained in their head, thinking that's Islamic Law. if i write about American Law, is an image of a man electrocuted by the electric chair is the most exact way to portray the law?

but i hope you will be binded by ur promise, to tell the exact truth? thanks. BTW, i don't see any flaws in my religion. maybe a little more research would help you, Trisha. & until Steve is a muslim women, let muslim women say wether we're respected or not. as far as i'm concerned, i'm just doing fine.

Edited by firewall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic