IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Life in paradise  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Life in paradise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
1914 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1914 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Life in paradise
    Posted: 14 February 2014 at 8:33am
Very few believe because of their minds being blinded by the wicked one. I for one agree 100%

May you have peace.
1914 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1914 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 6:31pm

Here is iec's quote -

Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

] 15 All things that the Father hath are mine:..

Originally posted by 1914 1914 wrote:

Are you saying that Islam now agree that Jesus has a father as said in verse 15, "All things that the Father hath are mine?" Explain that please.

. . . and iec786 is unable to answer the question or explain the scripture he tried to use. It again only shows the picking and choosing of certain scriptures of the NT that Muslims know are correct. I guess he at least agrees by his quote that the �father� has a son. Are you able to convince your fellow brothers?

1914 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1914 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by iec786= iec786= wrote:

Hi I am correcting the wrong that you are talking about...Now you can do what Jesus said and read the Quran and you will find it.

That's your answer, read the Quran? No chapter/sura no verse and no references that the prophets believed it in the past?

15 All things that the Father hath are mine:..

Are you saying that Islam now agree that Jesus has a father as said in verse 15, "All things that the Father hath are mine?" Explain that please.

Now you can do what Jesus said

Do you believe what Jesus said?

Edited by 1914 - 15 January 2014 at 3:00pm
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2014 at 4:19am

Since there is no definitive answer, where did Muhammad get the concept of Jannah or After life? It seems like there are major differences between the two conceptions of paradise in the Gospel and in the Quran. From what I studied in the Holy Scriptures their is nothing regarding places of sensual pleasure, marriage and an endless supply of wine which the hadith teaches.Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi I am correcting the wrong that you are talking about.You see you say that you have not read it anywhere in the scripture.Jesus told you ( 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.John 16-12.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Now you can do what Jesus said and read the Quran and you will find it.

Peace
Ismail
1914 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1914 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 1:10pm
Since there is no definitive answer, where did Muhammad get the concept of Jannah or After life? It seems like there are major differences between the two conceptions of paradise in the Gospel and in the Quran.

From what I studied in the Holy Scriptures their is nothing regarding places of sensual pleasure, marriage and an endless supply of wine which the hadith teaches.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 2:23pm
You know it is interesting that I have not run into anything either in the Old Testament books describing heaven. There is a lot about heaven and hell in book of Prophet Enoch, a lot of details but all seems to be here on earth!
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

1914 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1914 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2013 at 6:49pm
Maybe, maybe not. But it's not about me although I believe in the Law, Prophets and Psalms.

...my question is not about my beliefs but the beliefs of the prophets of old (OT) and there belief in paradise/heaven/afterlife, did they have such a belief and if so what prophet?

Hmmm, no comment on the prophets beliefs I guess?
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 10:28am

I appreciate your comments Placid and ice. I see God certainly remembers the good deeds of men and those who fear him. But, don't know if that's paradise in heaven or on earth. I personally cannot find anything pertaining to a heavenly life in the OT, maybe I'm over looking something.Ice, like you and Placid I believe in the Law, Prophets and Psalms. I think that is where we all started. But, my question is not about my beliefs but the beliefs of the prophets of old (OT) and there belief in paradise/heaven/afterlife, did they have such a belief and if so what prophet?��

Hi,

So you are a Christian.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic