IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - universe!!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

universe!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Interesting.

And the heaven        We constructed it       
with strength,    and indeed, We   
(are) surely (its) Expanders.   
And the earth,       
We have spread it;   
how excellent       
(are) the Spreaders!

I take two things from this.

'We are surely its expanders'...
is subject to many ways of interpretation.  To me it simply means that God created the vastness of the universe.  It says nothing about the continuing expansion of the universe which we now know of.  I think it is too easy to 'read into' all scriptures. Disapprove

'how excellent are the Spreaders'
I find it very interesting that the Creator is referred to as 'the Spreaders'... plural.  Again 'spread it' simply means to me... created it in its vast expanse.

There is also a surah called 'the table spread'... what did spread mean in this context?  Would it be any different than the earth spread?  Doesn't it just mean, is laid out before you?

Regarding expanding and spreading, if you read tafsir Ibn Abbas, you will see that it is referring to the present tense.

(We have built) created (the heaven with might, and We it is who make the vast extent (thereof)) as We will; it is also said that this means: we expand the provision thereof.

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMadhNo=0&tTafsirNo=73&tSoraNo=51&tAyahNo=47&tDisplay=yes&UserProfile=0&LanguageId=2

Regarding the plural term for God, I don't think the Quran teaches that He is a Trinity, like the Bible does. Of course we know that He is, and with the historical and scientific errors it contains, that is another piece of evidence that though the Quran has a lot of wisdom and good in it, it is not from God.

Speaking of truths that could only come to a human from a supernatural source, consider Job 26:7

He stretches out the north over a void
And hangs the earth on nothing

There is no way a human being living thousands of years ago would have known this. Praise God!
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 6:21pm

Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Assalamalecum WA rehmatullahi WA barakhatahu.edwin Hubble a famous scientist said that universe is ever expanding but Allah 1400 years ago mentioned this fact in Surah Adh Dhaariyat ch 51 v 47.

Assalamu Alaikum.

That is very impressive, NABA. Thank you for sharing!

I don't see how surah 51:47 in any way says anything about the expanding universe... ???

There are lots of Verses in the Qur'an, and there are variety of subjects in it. Edwin Hubble was the first person to experience first hand the lost of the returning light.

He Who created the seven heavens one above another: No want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of (Allah) Most Gracious. So turn thy vision again: seest thou any flaw? (67:3)

Again turn thy vision a second time: (thy) vision will come back to thee dull and discomfited, in a state worn out. (67:4)

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 1:26am
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

Again turn thy vision a second time: (thy) vision will come back to thee dull and discomfited, in a state worn out. (67:4)

Greetings nothing,

I am lost on what it is you are wanting to say here.
What does this verse mean to you?

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 7:55am

Greetings nothing,

I am lost on what it is you are wanting to say here.
What does this verse mean to you?

Salaam,
Caringheart

When you watch a car moving away from you at night you see the rear light slowly disappearing, until it fully disappeared, yes?. But when you are watching the heaven to see if if it is moving away or not naturally we don't stand in the back yard staring at the stars, no? The sight of heaven we see today is still the same look as when Adam and Eve were still running around naked. We can stand in the back yard till die and the view does not change.

Taking photos at the sky is different. One photo tonight and another photo next week. With this method Edwin Hubble noticed that the second photo always had lesser light (
dull, discomfited, worn out) than the previous one. The conclusion was that the heavenly bodies that look sit still since Adam era is actually moving away from us - the Universe is expanding, just like rear light of the moving away car.

So if the astronomers yelled to us that the light is getting brighter, well time for us to dig a bunker.Smile

Alright, take a deep breath, relax, it is not the thing to stress you out, and live in peace.

Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2013 at 7:55pm

Taking photos at the sky is different. One photo tonight and another photo next week. With this method Edwin Hubble noticed that the second photo always had lesser light (dull, discomfited, worn out) than the previous one. The conclusion was that the heavenly bodies that look sit still since Adam era is actually moving away from us - the Universe is expanding, just like rear light of the moving away car.

Well, not quite.  It's not that there is less light, or any significant change in the light from one photo to the next.  The reason Hubble concluded that distant galaxies are moving away from us is due to the Doppler shift in the light's spectrum.  Essentially the light is just a tiny bit redder than it ought to be.  It's like when you hear an ambulance siren as it passes you -- the pitch is lower when the source is moving away from you (and higher as it is approaching you) compared to its pitch when it is stationary.

If you want more detail, you can read a simple explanation here: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hubble

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic