IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marriage but a problem - urgent help need  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriage but a problem - urgent help need

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yasminyasmin01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriage but a problem - urgent help need
    Posted: 02 July 2013 at 2:14pm
Asallam alaikum.

I wanted to marry. My documents are not right, in the identification documents I haven't reached the age of consent where I want to marry, even when I actually have reached this age - and is certain of this something. Who should have known that it would cause me so much trouble. I have tried to look at how you can correct something like this, but it's difficult when it's not a lot of years indifference so I need to research more on this.

But anyway he is a good Muslim man, he proposed to me and I accepted. His family likes me and my parents also likes him. We love each other, and for longer time we have also talked about how we want the wedding to be. Because I for longer time have searched about how I could get married, I think that I would have worked it out, but I am still somewhat lost.

We really want it to be soon, but I don't know how this could be.

Sometimes I think that marriage is almost like a piece of paper, and the paper is not the main thing about the marriage. For me the main thing about marriage is the promise made to God and each other to stand by each other . But the paper it's also important I know this, it has a lot of legal benefits, like a safety net for the two spouses and the children.

Is there a possibility to get married only by God and do the wedding now and then take care of the paperwork procedures later?

Because it's so frustrating when this is what I want, we want and I know that normally I could do this now. Also it's the right thing to do when we want to be together.

So please come with some wise words on what you think about this, or if you know something about how I could get married legally now with papers or correct my own papers if this is possible inshallah.

Shukran jazeelan!!

Edited by yasminyasmin01 - 02 July 2013 at 2:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic