IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hareems vs. dating?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hareems vs. dating?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 2:48am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

I believe in Qur'an because it is logical,U R still sticking to the fact that spread out means flat but the fact is U don't want to except the truth,I also quoted ch 79 v 30 that earth is round,another eg in Surah An Noor ch 24 v 40-Allah describes the mental state of disbeliever to the layers of waves within one another and which gets darker and darker as we progress more deep into the sea,this fact was described by scientists few years back,but Allah mention this 1400 years ago in Qur'an,but it seems U don't want to change ur mind,U took it wrong that Allah had ascribed fix time for prayers,there is nothing mentioned about specific time when to offer prayers but he mentioned which phase of day we have to offer which prayer,regarding punishment of minor theft,this law of shariah is implemented in Saudi Arabia and on record it has the least no of theft cases,so doesn't it sound U logical??,if we implement this law throughout the world in Sha Allah no of theft cases will decrease,ur intellect and ur conscience is the niyamah from Allah,it is because of Allah that we are leading normal lives,u just visit hospital and see the pain of those who cannot lead normal life,yet they thank Allah,even if the whole world doesn't worship him it will not bother Allah,because Allah is way above all needs(ch 35 v 15),it is for our betterment we offer prayers(ch 35 v 9).

Naba you say - Allah describes the mental state of disbeliever to the layers of waves within one another and which gets darker and darker as we progress more deep into the sea, this fact was described by scientists few years back

Again you are relying on science in your argument� proving that science is as important or superior to the Quran.

How are these silly statements from the Koran to be explained scientifically?

Sura 27:18-19 records that King Solomon overheard a conversation between ants. This is scientifically impossible as ants use smell, not sound, to communicate and the context of the story indicates that this is not a miracle of Allah.

Sura 18:85-86 reveals that the Sun sets in a muddy pool.

These �scientific verses� from the Quran are silly and ridiculous! You have not answered this. How are these ridiculous statements from the Koran to be explained scientifically?

Do you believe the sun sets in a muddy pond? Also ants communicate by smell � not talking !

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 10:52pm
Then plz answer me this query in bible book of genesesis ch 1 v 3-5-light was created on first day,in vb14-19-sun and moon was created so how come the source of light was created before light,similarly it is mentioned that earth was created on 3rd day and sun on 4th day,how it is possible if u R a man of science u know that in earth there can't b day and night without rotation of sun and moon moreover sun is a parent body so how earth cum before sun????is this sound scientific to u????regarding the ch 18 v 85-86,U R quoting it incorrectly,the real verse is this when he reached near the setting of the sun (as if) it is setting in mud.where is as if in your post,U c the whole meaning changes,as far as ants are concerned ants use pheromones to smell the food,our when they die these pheromones act as warning alarm for other members of the colony,U R wrong brother,ants produce sounds by stridulation to produce sounds to communicate with other members of the colony,stridulation means producing sound with rubbing of certain parts,this found in insects only.Solomon(pbuh) was given a gift by Allah to understand the language of stridulation among ants,we humans can't understand but this is miracle that Allah give wisdom to Solomon(pbuh).again U say I have taken help of science again I m saying science is nil in front of Qur'an.

Edited by NABA - 09 July 2013 at 11:16pm
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2013 at 10:17pm

Then plz answer me this query in bible book of genesesis ch 1 v 3-5-light was created on first day,in vb14-19-sun and moon was created so how come the source of light was created before light,similarly it is mentioned that earth was created on 3rd day and sun on 4th day,how it is possible if u R a man of science u know that in earth there can't b day and night without rotation of sun and moon moreover sun is a parent body so how earth cum before sun????is this sound scientific to u????regarding the ch 18 v 85-86,U R quoting it incorrectly,the real verse is this when he reached near the setting of the sun (as if) it is setting in mud.where is as if in your post,U c the whole meaning changes,as far as ants are concerned ants use pheromones to smell the food,our when they die these pheromones act as warning alarm for other members of the colony,U R wrong brother,ants produce sounds by stridulation to produce sounds to communicate with other members of the colony,stridulation means producing sound with rubbing of certain parts,this found in insects only.Solomon(pbuh) was given a gift by Allah to understand the language of stridulation among ants,we humans can't understand but this is miracle that Allah give wisdom to Solomon(pbuh).again U say I have taken help of science again I m saying science is nil in front of Qur'an.

Naba, I am not the one trying to use science to prove the Bible or Quran. You are. So this is your problem.

Regarding the ch 18 v 85-86 I disagree. If you look at the verse of the sun setting in to a muddy pond it does not say (as if).  It reads as it reads. No as ifs.

when he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of Hami'ah.

Communication between ants is through chemical signals, some yes, there are a few types of ant which do use some sound to communication. But of what kind of sound and how  complex is it?

The use of vibration signals is weakly developed in ants in comparison with communication by pheromones.

Stridulation in ants produces a monotonous series of chirps with limited meaning.

The signaling pattern is independent of the triggering stimulus. That is, the ants do not modify the drumming to identify the category of danger to the nest.

Stidulation is  simple unitary signals. In other words, ants do not "talk"

Do you really believe ants think like this about humans?

I have never seen ants run away when I put my foot over them. If they knew they would be crushed if they don't go away quickly why don't they move?

This is more like a fairy tale than science (e.g. an ant being able to distinguish between Solomon and a soldier).

If you say science is nil in front of Qur'an then you need to stop trying to use science to prove the Quran is a miracle.

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 2:45am
No, I m taking help of quran to prove science is inferior to Quran. I m quoting translation of sahih international of ch 18 v 85-86 which is authentic.Regarding about sounds of ants, we can't understand because Allah gave this unique gift of understanding language of animals to prophet Solomon (pbuh).
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2013 at 12:11am

No, I m taking help of quran to prove science is inferior to Quran. I m quoting translation of sahih international of ch 18 v 85-86 which is authentic.Regarding about sounds of ants, we can't understand because Allah gave this unique gift of understanding language of animals to prophet Solomon (pbuh).

I think you like many other Muslims are trying to use science to show that the Quran is some how a miracle.

Translations by  Malik, Pickthall and  Yusaf Ali all say -

when he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of Hami'ah.

No �as if� !

Stidulation are simple signals. In other words, ants do not "talk".

Do you speak Arabic. It seems strange that a �miracle book� has to be read and understood only in one language.

Edited by Experiential - 01 August 2013 at 12:12am
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2013 at 7:54am
when humans communicate we say we talk,similarly prophet Solomon(pbuh) was gifted to understand communication between ants moreover I will not argue on that verse because Allah says in ch 3 v 7-yes some verses will have different meanings.Allah in several places say that this book is for those who understand.Allah has granted us wisdom to judge what is logical and what is illogical.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2013 at 7:51pm

when humans communicate we say we talk,similarly prophet Solomon(pbuh) was gifted to understand communication between ants moreover I will not argue on that verse because Allah says in ch 3 v 7-yes some verses will have different meanings.Allah in several places say that this book is for those who understand.Allah has granted us wisdom to judge what is logical and what is illogical.

So what is the miracle here? That Solomon can understand animals or that ants can talk?

You say the miracle was Solomon understanding animals. I am saying ants do not talk.

Stridulation is nothing but a mechanical act.

The fact remains � even if Solomon could understand animals - ants do not talk. They do not say �O ants! Enter your dwellings, lest Sulayman and his armies should crush you, while they perceive not.

Sura 27:18-19

This is just ridiculous and an example of how the writer of the Quran did not understand the facts of science.

Also it is not mentioned in the Torah or Injil that Solomon could understand animals and the Torah and Injil are much older than the Quran. So why should I believe the Quran?

You talk about ch 3 v 7. How convenient. So if you cannot explain something you just quote ch 3 v 7.

So is the Quran the literal reliable word of God then?

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2013 at 3:04am
Allah has granted us wisdom that's what differentiate us from other creatures and Allah tests us whether we use the wisdom in right way or not,Prophet Solomon(pbuh) was able to understand the talking of ants means he was able to understand their communication,similarly if Allah would have given everything straightforward then what's the meaning of our wisdom??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic