IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - marriage in islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

marriage in islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proud2bmuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: marriage in islam
    Posted: 06 June 2013 at 1:53am
assalamalaikum dear brothers and sisters
Just recently I have come to know that marriage in islam is not farz and its sunnah and it completes the deen of a person (whose deen remains half otherwise). This is not my first post regarding marriage but i have no other way to ask anyone freely as i can do here so please can any one say what is the ruling in islam about staying unmarried?(if its not by one's own wish but when even after repeated attempts things dont turn out to be favourable for marriage, can that person finally decide to stay unmarried?)
Thanks in advance, kindly answer
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2013 at 11:25am

Marriage is not a fard but prophet Muhammad S.A.W(pbuh) ones said that marriage is my sunnah and those who refrain from it will not be one of me,this shows marriage is important,prophet also said that those who have means to marry should marry,In Surah Al Baqarah ch 2 v 187-Allah says about husband and wife,they are the garments of one another means both are protector of each other.

aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2013 at 12:23am
I believe marriage is recommended because God cares about our happiness in this life, as well as the next. I do not believe He will punish someone who cannot find a suitable spouse. "Deen" means path, even Kufar have a path (as mentioned in the Quran). There is no such thing as half a path. If you can marry, good for you. If not, have patience, Insha-Allah God will provide the means for you.
Respectfully
aka2x2
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2013 at 12:34am
Absolutely right,but if U have means and U R healthy then U should marry,yes Allah cares about our happiness but do u know y Allah and prophet necessatize the marriage,it is because Allah says in Surah Al Rum ch 30 v 21-one of my signs is love and mercy in the hearts of men and women towards each other,when we interact too much with person of opposite sex there r chances of forbidden act,that's y in order to avoid any forbidden act Allah had created marriage so that we can b bind into a bond acceptable in the vision of Allah,once upon a time our prophet Muhammad S.A.W(pbuh) said that if u do sexual intercourse with ur wife its a charity,sahaba asked how??.prophet replied since u r not committing any sin(adultery),hence it is a charity.Allah clearly forbids fornication and adultery in Surah Al Israa ch 17 v 32.and U R not alien to the fact that adultery and fornication are so common,in fact its a shame that these sinners make fun of those who R not involved in this act by quoting them as fearful or boring type people,people say that this is more common in western world but I say it is equally common in India also,when I passed my school and I came to know such facts that I couldn't imagine my fellow friends proudly say they had committed these sins,I thank Allah for refraining from these acts,U R right we have to keep patience for right spouse,that's y we should leave this decision to our parents or elders.indeed in our bachelor life we should concentrate more on our work,exercise,cricket,cars,etc and most important I.e spreading the message of Allah to others.

Edited by NABA - 21 June 2013 at 12:43am
proud2bmuslim View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proud2bmuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2013 at 10:37am
Thanks for ur valuable suggestions, i hav left everything on the almighty n he will do wat is best for me. As in the last ruku of surah Al- baqarah, Allah doesn't burden any one beyond his capacity of tolerance.And as NABA sir told, even i want to be among the proud ummah of our beloved prophet s.a.w(PBUH)by following his sunnah.. I hav patience i only get frustrated evry time when my hopes are left broken, as almost all my friends and cousins hav got married so please pray for me,thank you.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:10am
There is nothing wrong in not finding the right opportunity for marriage.

Be yourself, be happy and pursue your goals in life. Marriage is definitely not a goal, its a milestone only.

Allah did not create us for marriage. Married or not, the purpose of our creation remains same, so live for that purpose - ie serving your Lord.

I know it could feel lonely if people in your age group have married and started families. But know there are so many things one can enjoy being single which married people crave for (on the flip side if you will:-)

There may be ppl telling you its time to get married, and once your older than a certain age its hard to find right match etc etc ... but that does not mean you settle for someone who u do not feel compatible with - so dont let yourself shrink under that pressure.

Hope this helps.

May Allah opens opportunities for you which are both suitable and lasting.

Edited by Nausheen - 26 June 2013 at 7:12am
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic