IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forum Restrictions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedForum Restrictions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Restrictions
    Posted: 09 October 2005 at 5:52am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

these are the forum sections which have restricted access

Islam and sciences,

Discussions Basics of islam

Quran and Sunnah

Pillars of Islam

Intrafaith dialogue

Threads of Prophets (these are three in total)

Groups new Muslims

Islamic personalities.

maybe also islamic art and literature, and islamic events, but i am not certain yet.

if you cant access a forum listed most likely it is a bug, let me know.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
freebird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:16am

Salaam. I read a topic with interest about qur'an numbers but I was not allow to join, any reason? Also what are the area suitable for me as a newbie.

Thanks.

Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 10:03am

Hey u read about Quran and numbers?What do u think-hey u cant post?Never mind, PM me, I will post it.

Regards,

Dayem.

"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
freebird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 5:30pm

Thanks dayem for your offer. Although I prefer to post it directly myself but I think I may do it through you. Yes I like this numbers and I am fascinated by it.

Anyway I just tried again and still can't get in.

Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 10:46pm

Then plz send me mail.I promise I wont eat any letter, forget word.

Actually I am myself curious to know exactly what is true about the claim of word repetation in Quran.And it would be great if u have any new idea or comment to add.

Regards,Dayem.

"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 6:29pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

To answer the genuine concerns from many board members, I am trying to explain what forum restrictions mean, and why these have been imposed.

We have approximately 35 forums in all on these boards and have broadly divided these into two categories.

25 different areas of discussion fall in the first category, where all members have complete access. The second category includes 10 forums, as listed in the opening post of this thread - here we discuss only religious-Islamic issues.  In this second category, the newbies and many senior members cannot post. The protocol was to study the interest of newbies till they become a groupie, ie in a stay for 40 sincere posts. By the time a member becomes a groupie, the quality and subject of the 40 posts will decide weather s/he will gain access to the second category or not.

Seniority is not the criterion, but interests .... and administrators can change the access anytime. 

We have to do this since the design of the boards does not allow any other strategy to keep out non religious posts from islamic forums, which were becoming a bother for serious muslims who come here to learn, understand and share about Islam.

If you are not seriously interested in Islamic issues from islamic perspectives, you will enjoy access to only the first category, where secular and interfaith discussions are accomodated.

It could be that some new groupies gain entry to the second category if their monitoring has been poor. If this becomes a bother to the memebers, please report and the mistakes shall be corrected promptly.

Peace,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic