IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question for Muslim Sisters?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question for Muslim Sisters?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Probably he is telling you the story only from his side. 

Excellent point Herjihad.  Wow, four or five months - no bills paid, even the mortgage, and not a clue until the lights go out?  Something is indeed missing in this story, and as Herjihad indicated - both sides of the story.

Edited by abuayisha
karimah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karimah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 9:04pm

Salam her husband needs to talk to her and not you. I became muslim when i married my husband but it took me a long time to read Quran and pray. My husband keep going on at me about what i should be doing as a muslim and what i should not be doing , and in the end i did nothing because every time he told me to do something i felt like i was doing it for him and not for allah.we talked and talked and i told him everytime he asked me to pray it felt like i was praying for him and in the end he stopped asking. It took me nearly 10 years to learn how to pray and i am still learning. You did not find any thing good to say about this sister you are only finding fualt with her. Her husband has been with her for 8 years so ther must be something good about her for him to stay and for then to have 2 kids together. I was the same as this sister and now i pray 5 times a day and every thing i do i do for Allah. Her husband needs to stop telling her what he wants her to do and let her make her own choice . If Allah wills she will be the wife that he is looking for. My husband says it took mohamed[SA]23 years for dawahfor the non muslim. Her husband needs to treat her nice and when he is praying he should say dawah for her. He should forget about the past its not the end of the world if she didnot pay a few bills tell them to start from new  as if they were just married. Islamic marrage is about understanding each others needs and trying to help each other. Also tell them to read surhar al bakkarah and the shyaton will run away from the house. Try and let them pray 2 rakka togather and may Allah lead them to the right path............

+

Brother123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 11:46pm
Yes no compulsion for non Muslims to convert. But there is compulsion for Muslims to practice Islam and not to opostate.
Humza View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2005 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by karimah karimah wrote:

Salam her husband needs to talk to her and not you. I became muslim when i married my husband but it took me a long time to read Quran and pray. My husband keep going on at me about what i should be doing as a muslim and what i should not be doing , and in the end i did nothing because every time he told me to do something i felt like i was doing it for him and not for allah.we talked and talked and i told him everytime he asked me to pray it felt like i was praying for him and in the end he stopped asking. It took me nearly 10 years to learn how to pray and i am still learning. You did not find any thing good to say about this sister you are only finding fualt with her. Her husband has been with her for 8 years so ther must be something good about her for him to stay and for then to have 2 kids together. I was the same as this sister and now i pray 5 times a day and every thing i do i do for Allah. Her husband needs to stop telling her what he wants her to do and let her make her own choice . If Allah wills she will be the wife that he is looking for. My husband says it took mohamed[SA]23 years for dawahfor the non muslim. Her husband needs to treat her nice and when he is praying he should say dawah for her. He should forget about the past its not the end of the world if she didnot pay a few bills tell them to start from new  as if they were just married. Islamic marrage is about understanding each others needs and trying to help each other. Also tell them to read surhar al bakkarah and the shyaton will run away from the house. Try and let them pray 2 rakka togather and may Allah lead them to the right path............

+

Thanks for the advice; I will talk to him tomorrow.
I have known him (Ali) since High school and I know he wouldn�t lie to me.

Well, to be honest with you there is another twist in this story. 
About Year while he was trying to introduce his wife to sisters at local Masjid he meet another white revert sister (Reyhana).

Who is Reyhana?
Reyhana is 28 years old, reverted 3 years ago; she has 2 children, daughter 8 from a white father and son 5 from black father. She is unmarried and live with her mother.

He though it would be best for his wife to meet/friends with Reyhana since Reyhana is practicing muslimah.  But for some strange reason his wife either wasn't interested or wan't able to meet her.
Anyway, He told Reyhana about his situation and requested her to talk to his wife. In last 8 months he saw her few times at the local Masjid. Reyhanna gave him few advices but nothing worked. 
Recently Reyhanna has asked him to take her as his wife but he said NO.

He said he loves his wife and he will never cheat on her or do any thing to caused problems. He just wants her to realize what she is missing; there is no life without Islam.

Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 10:33am

LOL    brother Reyhanna is going to kill you when she finds out you're telling her business online.    In sha allah no one here goes to your mosque.

Salam

karimah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karimah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2005 at 12:50pm

Salam Alaikum

With this new twist i could say a lot but i fear Allah so i will not say anything........

sinful servant View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinful servant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2005 at 2:04am

SALAAMS HUMZA

i am so sorry to hear that your friend is in this position, i do agree with the others that he sould have thought of converting her before they got married,.i was reading up on the net yetserday and it says if a women converts for the sole purpose of marriage thenthe community aroundher should nurture her weak imaan so that it becomes strong.but u say that he has already tried this,i think what i would do is i would discuss with her about the upbringing of the children.he should make it clear to her that he wants them brought up as good muslims,making their salaah and all that goes with being a muslim.another thing to keep im ming is tha it says in the Quran "there is no compulsion in relieion" this refers to the non believers.if u becomne muslim it is FARDH on you that u fulfill the five pillars..she should have understood that BEFORE she got married.

i pray inshallah that they can resolve their differences and also that their chldren will not be affected by this conflict in their home.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic