IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Christian God  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Christian God

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FutureAndAHope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Christian God
    Posted: 19 April 2013 at 3:23am
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I would like to learn about your religion. I would appreciate it if you could treat me as a prospective convert. Tech me what I must do to be a good Muslim.

I would also like to take the opportunity to present my current view of God. I am a born again Christian. I grew up in a Christian home but never really understood much about God, although I was taught about him every week. So I have had roughly 30+ years of Christian teaching. But in my latter life I had a dream that if I did not accept Jesus as my savior I would end up in hell. I went out to church and that Sunday became a Christian.

After I became a Christian I had a few experiences where I felt God touch me. I got messed up in a bad relationship for which I blamed God, I left the faith for a time, and spent a lot of my time being confused about who God was. When I got interested in church again I felt like God would not forgive me for my sins, and I felt isolated and afraid. However every time I would go to a church people would give me one verse it was "I know the plans I think toward you says the Lord, plans for good and not evil to give you a future and a hope", this happened so often that I began to believe God was giving me this verse on purpose. It built faith in me, and I began to reach out to God again.

One Sunday a pastor came to the church and told me God was saying if I started to believe him he would begin to do some amazing things in my life. The week after this occured I was helping a friend paint a house, and their daughter came to visit. She had a bad back and had constant pain. So thinking back to what the pastor had said and knowing Jesus said to pray for the sick. I prayed for her and she was instantly healed, all pain left her body, and she never had anymore problem with her back.

I began to do preaching but never really understood the gospel message. But as the years progressed I got a good understanding of God. And he began to speak to me, showing me future events, as an example one morning God said to me "How would you like to be stabbed with a knife?", I had no idea why God would say that, but latter that day I met a man who had been stabbed with a knife. The man showed me scar marks where he had been attacked some years before. I asked this man out to church, he came out to church and became a Christian. God has spoken to me on many occassions, he once told me a famous person was about to die, a month latter they were killed in an accident. I also saw a man hitting his girlfriend, I did not know what to do, but I knew God could change his life. So I asked him out to church, when I turned up to get him he was nowhere to be seen. So I went up to another group of men and asked them out to church, they all left, but I man stayed and he said to me "Wait I will get my cousin", he went into the park and got a man to my suprise it was the man who had beaten his girlfriend. We both went out to church, and they both became Christians. This made me happy as I knew that the church would teach him not to beat women.

So a few year on I am still working for God and teaching people about the love and mercy of God. The bible says "God is love", that he delights in the prayers of his saints. He loves us, enjoys our prayers, and wants us to be blessed in every way.   

As an example of blessing in normal life Jesus told me a person who would allow me to marry them. I got to know the person he told me about. We like each other, and we got married. We are both very happy, and have a young son. I also have a job that I enjoy, working as a Website Designer.

To farther encourage blessing God did the following. One night I was praying that God would bless Christians. I went to bed and asked God if he had anything to tell me. All I saw was a picture of my mother. I did not know why he would show my mother. The very next morning my mother came to me and said "God gave me a verse for you as I was waking up", and she said to me God says "I will bless you because your soul prospers". So then I knew why I had seen my mother when I prayed asking God for a word. He wanted to use my mother. So I live daily with expectancy that God will do something Good.

So why am I here, well I know God, I know he is love. I know he is kind hearted and tender. I want to learn what you believe God is.

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 9:59pm
It feels so good that U want to know about Islam.first of all for any person to become a good Muslim,he should follow Qur'an and sayings of last prophet Muhammad S.A.W.as far as view about God is concerned,in ch 112 of Qur'an defines the concept of God I.e he is one,he is eternal,he is not born nor give birth,there is nothing like him.means Allah cannot b compared to anyone,there is no need to blame Allah for our troubles,because if U R a good Muslim U should also believe in this verse of Surah Al mulk ch 67 v 2-Allah has created life and death in order to test you.so this life is an exam for us.Allah cannot do any wrong nor lie which is mentioned in Surah Al Tahaa ch 20 v 52.If U do any wrong the only thing that U should do is repent,because Allah is most forgiving and merciful.in Islam the only unforgivable sin is shirk I.e worshipping besides Allah or associating partners with him.it is clearly mentioned in Surah An nisa ch 4 v 48 and 116-Allah may forgive any sin but not the sin of shirk.if U want more questions U R welcome.
FutureAndAHope View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FutureAndAHope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 1:56am
Hi,

As a Christian we believe that a person should live free from sin. That we should have no known sin in our lives. The general definition of sin is that anything that harms some one else is sin. The bible says God is love. That he loves people and does not want us to do anything to harm others.

What is your definition of sin, what is wrong for a Muslim to do?
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2013 at 9:30am

In Qur'an it is clearly mentioned Allah is merciful and forgiving,as we know Allah is the creator of everything on this world,its our duty to obey him and b grateful to him.whatever we do against the saying of Qur'an its a sin,eg consuming pork and alcohol is forbidden mentioned in Surah Al Maidah ch 5 v 90,if we go against it,it is a sin,then if U quarrel with ur parents it is a sin mentioned in surah Al isra ch 17 v 23-24,if we don't offer prayers five times a day it is a sin means we r going against Allah's commandment of Surah Al Tahaa ch 20 v 130.in Islam besides being a good human being one should also thank Allah and ask for forgiveness all the time in that way a person can b said to b free from sins.

docbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote docbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 5:55am
Question:

I was wondering if Muslims feel like Allah loves them? Christianity is based on love - the love of God for His people and the love of Christ, who died for all, and the reciprocated love of Christians for their God. Is there any concept of such love in Islam? If so, can you explain it to me? And if not, what is Islam based on?

http://www.monthly-renaissance.com/issue/query.aspx?id=882

The Credibility of Christian Love

http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-about-islam/society-and-family/interfaith-issues/166127-the-credibility-of-christian-love.html

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 10:39am
If I may jump in as a non-muslim.  For me sin is anything that harms us... both individually and as a whole unit. 
The definition of sin to me is anything that separates us from God and His blessings... His perfect plan and design.
I believe God gives us His Word to protect us from doing harm to ourselves... individually, and as a whole.
Like a loving Father He seeks to protect His children. Smile

Edited by Caringheart - 26 April 2013 at 10:40am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
FutureAndAHope View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FutureAndAHope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 4:53am
Hi I am going to jump right in with something controversial, and I hope it does not stop conversation. I mentioned in my introduction that I once asked for God's help to prevent a man from hitting his girl friend. This man became a Christian, and Christians teach that a man should not hit his partner, but rather show love and service to them.

I am aware that the Quran teaches that a man can hit his wife, that if a wife is disobedient he may physically discipline her. As I have said previously I see sin as anything that harms another person. Hitting a person causes harm. If I have a disagreement with my wife, I try not to be angry, and just discuss my point of view. What is your view of physical discipline of a wife. 
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 7:37am
Sure Allah loves us because Allah has given human beings the free will to obey or disobey his commands.especially to his believers Allah through tests always teach them to do well in life.for eg If someone is very proud Allah teaches him by making him face a failure,in this way that individual will become more pious and come closer to Allah which will help him in entering paradise.in Surah Al Faatir ch 35 v 9-Allah is above all the needs it is for our betterment that we should prostrate in front of him so that we can recieve guidance and prosper.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic