IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THE MOON INDEED HAS BEEN SPLIT  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE MOON INDEED HAS BEEN SPLIT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSontani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE MOON INDEED HAS BEEN SPLIT
    Posted: 18 April 2013 at 5:44am

Assalaamu�alaikum Warahmatullohi Wabarokatuh,

When I stated that the Qur'an is the most trusted scientific literature, there was someone asked me to prove the truth of Qur'an Surah-54 (Al Qamar/The Moon), Verse-1 below:

The Hour has come near, and the moon has split.

Suddenly I felt my cold sweat come out quite torrential, because at that time (almost ten years ago) I only knew one of the Moon�s idiosyncrasy, which is only one part of the Moon�s surface that can only be seen from the Earth all time. Just like a kite, only the side with the picture can be seen from below, while the other is mysterious side as long as the kite is flying.

The only Moon�s surface that can be seen from the Earth named the "near side", while the other side named the "far side". This is happens, because the time periode that is needed by the Moon to rotate once is exactly the same with the time periode of the Moon to evolute around the Earth once and it is named �synchronous rotation�. And Just a few months ago I dare to state the synchronous rotation occurs because the physical of the Moon is only a half.

But please do not ask me to prove it, because I will not be able to make a "spacecraft or rocket" to go to the Moon as required by the Qur'an Surah-55 (Ar Rahman), Verse-33:

Hi jama'ah jinn and mankind, if you are able to penetrate (crosses) over the heavens and the earth, then cross, you can not penetrate it except by force.

But because I am afraid of Allah's wrath when not using "sense" that has been bestowed Him to us as stated by the Qur'an Surah-10 (Yunus), Verse-100:

And no one will believe except by the permission of Allah, and Allah inflict wrath to those who do not use their sense.

So just do a simple and cheap simulation:

Put a little handful of sand into a round shape balloon and fill the balloon with a kind of light gas. Then the balloon side with the sand that's shaped "half of moon" will always at the bottom, because of the Earth gravitation.

Hopefully this article is usefull and thank you for your attention and responses.

Wassalaam.

Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2013 at 7:05am
The Qur'an is NOT the most trusted scientific literature. It's not scientific literature at all. Neither is the Bible. Science was invented in Greece and was rediscovered by Muslims after the Qur'an was written.

The split moon is a metaphor. It's dangerous to read the Qur'an and the Bible literally.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
TSontani View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSontani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 6:25am

I am not a linguist nor litterateur, I only see the Moon as it is and try to analyze one of its phenomenon. Dangerous? Of course not because according to the following Qur'an Surah, Allah encourages us to pay attention to His creation.

Qur�an Surah-3 (Ali �Imran),

a.     Verse-190:

Verily in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day there are signs for people that have intellegence,

b.     Verse-191:

(They are) those who remember Allah, standing, sitting or lying down and they thinking about the creation of the heavens and the earth (saying): "Our Lord, You have not created this in vain. Glory to Thee, So guard us from the torment of hell�.

I am not a scientist, therefore it needs quite a long time to understand the phenomenon of the Moon. But after met and studying Gravitation-Laws from Sir Isaac Newton, everything becomes easier.

But until now I do not know why Allah split the moon, because according to the Qur'an Surah above all His creation no in vain. If anyone of you know, I am very grateful if you publish it.

Wassalaam.

Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:03am
Allah did not split the moon in a literal sense.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic