IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic solution to schizophrenia.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic solution to schizophrenia.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
whosebob View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whosebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic solution to schizophrenia.
    Posted: 13 April 2013 at 4:41pm

I have schizophrenia but I have found the solution that helps me. There are times when this solution is too difficult especially when one in overwhelmed. But there will come a time when things become easier. For the parents or family, please be patient, things will become better God willing. The important thing to remind oneself or if one has a relative that is effected by schizophrenia is that Allah/God is ONE.

The solution that helps me.

1. Pray everyday

In Islam, Muslims pray 5 times a day. It may be difficult for a schizophrenic to perform the rituals correctly but God always has a way for one to pray. Evens if one is struggling, one should try to perform prayers. If one can�t do it 5 times a day then at least start with one. God will make it easier upon you Godwilling.

2. Write in a book to God about your life.

This will help one remember the good things in your life and it will help when one is depressed or hearing to many voices. This will help quiet ones mind and build a connection with God.

3. Reciting God�s names

In Islam, God has many names which relate to his personality. This will help one understand God better which will help you realize that his with you through your sickness and that he cares for you God willing.

The following are examples are God�s names

God: Allah

God the Merciful : ar-Raheem

God the Healer : al-Qayoom

God the Compassionate : ash-Shafee

Try finding a name that relates to you. With me it is God the preserver of faith (al- Muqmeen) Reason being is that without him I would have lost my faith along time ago.

Please note: When one feels up to it, a good idea is to make relevant prayers by each of Allah�s names. For instance God the healer (al-Qayoom), Here one makes prayers for ones health as well as for one�s family and friends etc.

To find out more about God�s names follow the link

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Islam

4. Read Quran/Surah Hasr

Allah is He than whom there is no other god Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He Most Gracious Most Merciful.

Allah is He other than whom there is no other god the sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), The Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (high is He) above the partners they attribute to Him. 

He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or colors). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: Whatever is in the heavens and on earth doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the exalted in Might the Wise.

5.Read Quran/Surah al-Ikhla

Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One,

Allah, the Eternal Refuge.

He neither begets nor is born,

Nor is there to Him like unto Him."

6. Medication

One also needs medication. You have to find out from a psychiatrist which medication will suit you. God provided relief so don�t forget to take your meds.

I hope that this information helps you and all those that suffer from schizophrenia. May Allah be with you God willing.

Peace and Blessings be upon you

Edited by whosebob - 13 April 2013 at 4:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic