IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sacrifice in Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sacrifice in Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sacrifice in Islam
    Posted: 08 May 2013 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

Originally posted by Nothing Nothing wrote:

The way I understand sacrifice is: giving up something valuable in order to help other person or persons without getting or expecting anything return in any shape or form. No Praise no price - nothing.

With this method human is being forged like raw steel in a furnace, shaped  and tempered to ditch all the impurities, to gain the toughest trustworthy steel.

Hi Nothing

I fully agree with your definition of sacrifice. But to gain purity and/or toughness surely counts as something 'in return', which brings not only honour, dignity and respect in this life but also the prospect of everlasting compensation in Paradise. Unless I've misunderstood a large part of what's in the Qur'an.

That is true, but I don't want them to start with, the sound of eternity truly scares me. But thankfully the Qur'an put a limit to this so called eternity, yet it still awfully long time.

I have seen, I have heard and experienced plenty enough to appreciate the gift of present life which I will never be able to match it in any way. This life is priceless which can only be expressed in the act of gratitude. Further price is unnecessary when I still unable to pay back even a tiny bit for the gift of the present life. But the misery of selfishness demands more.

Look around, you can see they are on fire already before even get there.

nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2013 at 8:03pm

Originally posted by Nothing Nothing wrote:

The way I understand sacrifice is: giving up something valuable in order to help other person or persons without getting or expecting anything return in any shape or form. No Praise no price - nothing.

With this method human is being forged like raw steel in a furnace, shaped  and tempered to ditch all the impurities, to gain the toughest trustworthy steel.

Hi Nothing

I fully agree with your definition of sacrifice. But to gain purity and/or toughness surely counts as something 'in return', which brings not only honour, dignity and respect in this life but also the prospect of everlasting compensation in Paradise. Unless I've misunderstood a large part of what's in the Qur'an.

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Loveendures Loveendures wrote:

Is there a concept of sacrifice in Islam ? How is it explained?

But maybe you mean about cutting an animal?
Smile

Imaan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 10:36pm
Sacrifice is not a pillar of Islam. IN every Islamic year Zil Hajj is a month of sacrificing animals like camel,goat, Buffaloes,cow etc just for seek of Allah(remembering the story of Hazrat ibrahim(A.S)). Sacrificing an animal is compulsory for all muslims who can afford.There are 3 parts of your sacrifice one for yourself,other two for relatives and needy peoples.There can be 7 different people are allowed to participate in cow, buffaloes and camel sacrifice. Hazrat Ibrahim (A.S) sacrifices his son which was replaced by a sheep.
Check more details about this http://www.islamawareness.net/Hajj/sacrafice.html
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2013 at 10:03pm
concept of sacrifice is explained in Surah Al Hajj ch 22 v 33-37.in these verses Allah has certified certain animals for sacrifice especially camels and cattle.Allah says that after the sacrifice eat the meat from the animals and also feed the needy.surely neither the meat or blood will reach Allah but the deed that reach to him will b your piouty.in short sacrifice is a way of expressing gratitude towards Allah.
Loveendures View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loveendures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2013 at 5:30pm
I do not know much about your beliefs. Is there a concept of sacrifice in Islam ? How is it explained?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic