IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Living with Inlaws,am i asking too much?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Living with Inlaws,am i asking too much?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M E X I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 1:02am

as'salam alaykum wara7matu Allah wa barakatuh

My dear sister Rashidr... It is very true that to live with our husbands away from the fathers in law offers to us freedom and privacy, but also it is true that our duty as wives is to support our husbands when they more need us. Your husband needs to save money for his studies, he has not prevented you from studying till now, why cannot you give now to him this benefit?...

As you have told us, he is a good man, and I am sure Allahu a3laam he doesn't want anything bad to you, as I am sure he should be stressed realizing that you are not showing the best of the happiness with this situation.

My best advice dear sister is to try and find the best solution for to get the best of the living with your fathers in law, anyway insha'allah it will be a certain time, this way you will make your husband happy and you will be happy as well.

My sis you are still young and maybe you can learn many things from your mother in law, try to find the best of this, sometimes bad things just happen, no reason, no purpose, Allah [swt] is who knows better, these things just occur and we are left to pick up the pieces the best we can. Al7amdulelah at least you are having a place where to live at, just think about those whom cannot find a good place where to remain.

But the most important my sister... Love is complicated full of sacrifice and compromise, but you know? this is the best part... the best women for Allah [swt] are those whom obey their husbands and make them happy.... I am sure your husband will be so happy if you try to help him in this issue, and later he will be grateful and he will show you gratitude for such sacrifice of yours.. as i said.. this is the best part bcz you will get rewards for all this insha'allah... just think about it!!

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 1:52am
Mexi, you have expressed beautifully and yes to a point I agree with you. But things vary from person to person and from situation to situation....

Even i have compromised for Allah's sake and for my husband's happiness.....where I come from, it is only a nasty , evil woman who "separates" her husband from his parents. I would have no problem living with my inlaws if they behave "normal". But they harrass me and  I have no peace of mind, it has affected my marriage and also my children. I do not wish to give details now, but tell me is it worth staying with them???? i have faith in Allah and dua is my weapon.

anywez........everyone knows their situation best. There is no harm in pleasing your husband even if you wish to give up your rights, but that should not be forced. Even letting people do zulm on you isnt right.

Allahu Aalam... Allah give us all Hidayah..aameen...

wassalaam.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 1:59am
another thing, women are expected to obey and even give up their rights, but nobody tells men to give their wives their rights and keep her happy. Women always get a raw deal....

Wish men would strive to be like our dear prophet (saw)

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
BintWill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BintWill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 2:03am

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

another thing, women are expected to obey and even give up their rights, but nobody tells men to give their wives their rights and keep her happy. Women always get a raw deal....

Wish men would strive to be like our dear prophet (saw)

Yes, you and I both.  Now, I see why women are the majority of the folks in the hellfire.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:03am
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you."  (Book #2, Hadith #28)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:10am
Not wanting to live with inlaws is your right and does not come under being ungrateful.

To please Allah, you have to please your husband, but Allah has given you rights, you can use them. Both husband and wife have to please each other, but unfortunately girls are taught how to please their husbands but boys are never taught how to please their wives. isnt it?
M E X I View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M E X I Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 10:04am

as'salam alaykum wara7matu Allah wa barakatuh...

Sister amah, I am sorry to hear that, i respect your point of view bcz you have lived into a hard situation, but this doesn't mean that all inlaws are like that, and the objetive here is to help our sister trying to find the best solution.

About your statement.. "women are expected to obey and even give up their rights, but nobody tells men to give their wives their rights and keep her happy. Women always get a raw deal"..........we as women must not lose our rights, but we ourselves are who must preserve them. 

Why instead of sitting down waiting for someone who tells to the men how to preserve our rights, don't we make anything by our own?

The spouses have mutual rights, sometimes our mistake is to wait  that the man behave in a correct way, but as wives we are who encourage them to be the best husbands... The Believers - men and women - are allies and protectors, one to another.� [ 9:71] we can find the best husband and the best man respecting our rights if we do the same to them... there is an ayah saying... Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure, and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity [24:26]

It is impossible for the marital relationship to be successful if the wife doesn't play a continuous positive roll in it, even if the husband is an excellent example so be mindful - O righteous wife � of this matter and take hold of your responsibilities as the success of the family unit relies upon you.

Each time you please your husband or fulfill his rights you draw closer to his heart. Most husbands view their wives who handle their needs as a sign from the signs of love. So do not be heedless of your obligations regarding him and be mindful when he requests them from you.

Your respect and kindness to your husband�s family is respect and kindness to your husband.

The right of being maintained and supported is a right entrusted to the men by Allah [swt] upon you. Don't request things that non believer women request, rather ask for things but be just in doing so and don't over step the rights in which Allah [swt] has given you.

Ab Huraira [Allah be pleased with him] reported Allah's Messenger [sallallahu alayhim wa'salam] as saying: A believing man should not hate a believing woman; if he dislikes one of her characteristics, he will be pleased with another.

If you, I, we and they, understand the meaning of these words, I am sure that there would not be unhappy marriages.. insha'allah khair..

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 10:19am
I think you dont understand me.... maybe coz you have not seen what i have and i dont know your situation too.

Firstly, I persevere (AllahuAalam) in pleasing my husband, ok? that includes being kind to his parents.

Whatever you say about my role as a wife is right and alhamdulillah i do it! I educate my husband too if he doesnt know anything about a certain thing. so does he...masha allah.

I understand your point, I love Allah , i love my husband and i try not to displease both..... but people cant expect me to become a doormat to them?

Islam does no zulm on women, but men and women do. Yes women suffer all over the world coz they dont get their rights and as far as i am concerned, i educate my children too ..... so that they become good muslims and good husbands!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic