IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pope washes feet of Muslim prisoner  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pope washes feet of Muslim prisoner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pope washes feet of Muslim prisoner
    Posted: 06 December 2013 at 8:35am
It's not a fetish, it's a Christian tradition. John 13:1�17 mentions Jesus performing this act.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 12:22pm
The Pope has a foot fetish.Smelly feet.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 8:00am
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-faith/wp/2013/11/06/photos-pope-francis-embraces-disfigured-man-covered-in-boils/
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

This young Muslim woman was capable of making her own decision. She chose to get her feet washed. It's her decision, not ours. We should respect her decision.

Hi Matt,
Always the voice of reason.  I like this last of yours.  Yes, she certainly was old enough to make her own decision.
You make some other good points as well.
Hope you are doing well,
CH
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Reepicheep Reepicheep wrote:

Rational wrote: In the case of a man "washing, stroking, caressing, drying, or kissing" the feet of a woman that he is not married to, then this would be considered a sin.

It appears that you are accusing the female muslim prisoner of being guilty of the crime of zina.  Correct?

If so, then do you believe that she should be turned over to an Islamic government so that she can be put to death, as prescribed by Islamic law?

It appears that you are a fool afterall with your pitiful questions. No I did not say she was guilty of zina. And Islam would never put a person to death for something as minor as this.

Edited by Rational - 28 April 2013 at 5:40am
الله
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

Even though I clearly stated several times that the main issue I have is the abnormal fact of him including young women in this feet rubbing session. Call me old fashioned, but it's not something I'd allow happen to my daughter, and so I don't like seeing it done to other daughters.

The abnormal fact? What's wrong with rubbing the feet of young women, when this is a ritual with a symbolic meaning? I have a daughter and I don't see a problem. Most men are not perverts. Most men don't see women as sex objects. They see them as human beings. Is there any evidence that the new Pope has a history of inappropriate behavior towards girls and women? Is he a sex offender? Has he abused girls and women? Not to my knowledge, but maybe there's something I don't know. If so, washing female feet would indeed a problem.

Daughters are not the property of their fathers. They are independent human beings. Before they are mature women, they should be protected, but only against real threats. Assuming that all men are horny beings who can't control their impulses is an insult to all decent men.

A few Muslim men become terrorists. Does this mean all Muslims are terrorists?

A few men become rapists. Does this mean all men are rapists?

A few men become aroused when they shake hands with a woman (also a ritual like washing feet). Does this mean all men become aroused?

We should see the good in people and not just focus on a tiny minority capable of harming other people.

This young Muslim woman was capable of making her own decision. She chose to get her feet washed. It's her decision, not ours. We should respect her decision.

Edited by Matt Browne - 28 April 2013 at 2:02am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2013 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

Greetings rational,

Hi.  I'm sorry to take so long to respond to you.  Yes, I understood that you were following your beliefs and teachings and pretty much saying that I do not disagree with you... that I understand your conflict. Smile

In answer to your question... I do believe we do grow closer to God when we give our whole life to Him... but as the apostle Paul said... some are called to celibate or, the priestly, life and others are called to marriage... both are vessels to sanctify us.

As for what I quoted in my last post... You are correct, it was written by a shia muslim in response to a question about similarities between Catholicism and Shiism.  I don't know where they got that celibacy is severely condemned in islam.  I think it goes to the fact that, isn't marriage required for the completion of ones deen in islam?
They weren't quite correct on the 'Catholic ideal to remain celibate' either.  Both are acceptable in the sight of God.  Marriage between a male and female is one of the sacraments of God... as much as marriage to the church is.

I have found that there are some that defend Mutah, and there are others that condemn mutah for what it is.

Salaam,
Caringheart

This is why I have trouble with islam.  I find it to be very conflicted in many ways.

Edited by Caringheart - 28 April 2013 at 12:11am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2013 at 7:04pm
Rational wrote: In the case of a man "washing, stroking, caressing, drying, or kissing" the feet of a woman that he is not married to, then this would be considered a sin.

It appears that you are accusing the female muslim prisoner of being guilty of the crime of zina.  Correct?

If so, then do you believe that she should be turned over to an Islamic government so that she can be put to death, as prescribed by Islamic law?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic