IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Problem with Arranged Marriage  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with Arranged Marriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortalarcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with Arranged Marriage
    Posted: 05 March 2013 at 11:25pm
Salaam.

Please contact me if you can provide advice about an arranged marriage that has been delayed by interfering jealous ones. What would Mohammad (Peace be upon him) do?

I am considering leaving her to her own designs, and would like to know what people think I should do.

I am not going to wait, I am going to divorce her if she is unwilling to accompany me.

I apologize for being dramatically open but I needed somebody to talk to.

Salaam. Allahu Akbar

Edited by immortalarcher - 22 March 2013 at 7:36pm
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 8:02am

First, allow yourself time to make an unemotional and rational decision devoid of of anger - calm down.

Narrated �Abdur Rahman bin Abi Bakra: Abu Bakr wrote to his son who was in Sijistan: Do not judge between two persons when you are angry, for I heard the Prophet, sallallahu �alayhi wasallam, saying: �A judge should not judge between two persons while he is in an angry mood.� [Al-Bukhari; Vol. 9, No. 272]

A man said to the Messenger of Allah, (sallallahu �alayhi wasallam � peace be upon him): �Advise me! �The Prophet said, �Do not become angry and furious.� The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, �Do not become angry and furious.� [Al-Bukhari; Vol. 8 No. 137]

immortalarcher View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortalarcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 12:28am
I apologize for being dramatic. My heart is broken.

She says she will mend it. We shall see.   

Bon Aventure!

Edited by immortalarcher - 22 March 2013 at 7:31pm
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortalarcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 12:40am
Thank you for sharing the teaching. It always makes me feel better to hear the truly wise words of the Prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him. Salaam
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortalarcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 12:51am
I am thankful that she is a strong tower of chastity and not an open gate. For this, I love her.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic