IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - an observation  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

an observation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: an observation
    Posted: 28 February 2013 at 10:39am
As I was listening to a teaching on the radio this morning I was struck by the following;

Mark 10 (KJV)
32 And they were in the way going up to Jerusalem; and Jesus went before them: and they were amazed; and as they followed, they were afraid. And he took again the twelve, and began to tell them what things should happen unto him,

33 Saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles:

34 And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

35 And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come unto him, saying, Master, we would that thou shouldest do for us whatsoever we shall desire.

36 And he said unto them, What would ye that I should do for you?

37 They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.

38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?

39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:

40 But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.

41 And when the ten heard it, they began to be much displeased with James and John.

42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.

43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:

44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.

45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

I felt illustrated the biggest difference betweeen Islam and Christianity.

For the Apostle's, after Jesus death, it was never about power or who would rule.  Jesus followers did not seek rulership.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
5purplemarbles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5purplemarbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 7:01am
Hello,

My question to you is why has the Bible been changed and reworded so many times since its writting?  Seems odd to me to play telephone game with such important information. From one language to the next where words are missunderstood and changed.
Reepicheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 8:03am
5purplemarbles wrote: why has the Bible been changed and reworded so many times since its writting?

Not sure what you mean by that.  Please provide us with more details and/or examples.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5purplemarbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 8:54am
FIRST:

King James Version
New International Version
Revised Standard Version
The Living Bible
New Living Translation
World English Bible
New King James Version
New International Readers Editions
American Standard Version
New American Standard Version
Young's Literal Translation
Plain English Bible
New English Bible
Amplified Bible
Basic English Bible
Translator's NT
20th Century Bible
Modern King James Version
The Message
New Jerusalem Bible
Hebrew Names Version of World English Bible
Contemporary English Version
English Version for the Death
Good News Version
New Century Version
New Revised Standard Version
J. B. Phillips New Testament, modern English

SECOND:

Original languages Bible was written in is Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek.

"Son of God" IN ENGLISH is the same as "Servant of God" in Hebrew! JESUS PBUH WAS THE SERVANT OF GOD ACCORDING TO THE ORIGINAL GREEK LANGUAGE BIBLE.

Modern translations are not just simply different versions of the King James Bible written in contemporary language. These perversions are different Bibles entirely. Their foundation is not the God-preserved Textus Receptus of the New Testament. Instead, they are based on contaminated manuscripts.

"And as reliable as quicksand!"

"counterfeit bibles"

I PUT THIS WEBSITE LINK HERE JUST TO SHOW YOU THAT EVEN CHRISTIANS ARGUE THIS SUBJECT. SO AS TO NOT MAKE YOU THINK ITS JUST US MUSLIMS WHO SAY THIS.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/which_bible_can_we_trust.htm

BIBLE AGREES WITH ISLAM. NOT PAGAN IDEA OF TRINITY.

THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS "JESUS IS GOD"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5purplemarbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 9:33am

Just as the people changed the Dictionary recently to add new more modern more appealing words. 

http://www.merriam-webster.com/info/new_words.htm

So did the people change the bible. 

Messiah- liberator of a people or  rescuer from harm.  ALL THE PROPHETS SENT BY GOD SWT ARE MESSIAH, BRINGING US THE INFORMATION TO SAVE US AND TO LEAD US THE STRAIGHT WAY.  BEING OUR RESCUERS FROM HARM AND LIBERATE US FROM THE GRASP OF SATAN (SHAYTAN).

AMEEN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 9:35am

OK, 5purplemarbles, let's deal with your points one at a time.

Your first point seems to be as follows:

There is more than one english language translation of the bible.  Therefore, the bible is full of lies.

I assume, then, that you also agree with the following statement:

There is more than one english language translation of the koran.  Therefore, the koran is full of lies.

Correct?
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by 5purplemarbles 5purplemarbles wrote:

Hello,

My question to you is why has the Bible been changed and reworded so many times since its writting?  Seems odd to me to play telephone game with such important information. From one language to the next where words are missunderstood and changed.

Greetings 5purplemarbles,

With respect, my question is, why have you derailed my thread?
Can you please take your discussion to another thread and delete your posts from this one?
Thanks.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reepicheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 10:16am
Good point, Caringheart.  Guilty as charged.  The inability of Islamicity posters to stay on topic is the main reason so many of our threads are so messed up. 

If 5purplemarbles wants to start up a new thread, I'll continue the discussion there.

Getting back to your original post, in particular:

For the Apostles, after Jesus death, it was never about power or who would rule. Jesus followers did not seek rulership.

In regards to the Apostles, I agree 100%.  Alas, that didn't stop christians over the following centuries from breaking up into various subgroups with various leaders.

When we talk about "the church", I think we need to distinguish between the visible church and the invisible church.  Although the "visible church" may be fractured into various subgroups (Roman Catholic, Lutheran, etc.), the "invisible church" is not.  To quote from Martin Luther's small catechism (hey, I'm a Lutheran; I can't discuss theology without quoting Martin Luther):

The holy christian church is the communion of saints, the total number of those who believe in Christ.  All believers in Christ, but only believers, are members of the church (invisible church)... There is only one church, one spiritual body of believers (saints), whose one and only head is Christ.

Edited by Reepicheep - 01 March 2013 at 11:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic