IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What are human beings? Just lumps of meat?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are human beings? Just lumps of meat?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are human beings? Just lumps of meat?
    Posted: 23 February 2013 at 2:05pm
What are human beings? Just lumps of meat? We are divine.

You also have God within you and can become one with God.

People, please discuss the above statements. Experiential said the above and i want to know if all christians believe the same.

Edited by Mahdi The Seeke - 23 February 2013 at 2:06pm
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 2:14am

Hi Mahdi.

If you want to quote me that�s fine but please do so in context. See the context provided where Jesus quoted Psalm 82.6

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods' ? 

If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came--and the Scripture cannot be broken, what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world?

Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 

John 10:34 -36

Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Hi Mahdi.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">If you want to quote me that�s fine but please do so in context. See the context provided where Jesus quoted Psalm 82.6

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods' ?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN><o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came--and the Scripture cannot be broken, what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world?

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">John 10:34 -36

so he was simply claiming what the jews were already claiming. how does that make him God.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 3:24pm

Read on from John 10.36-

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"? 

John 10:35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came�and Scripture cannot be set aside� 

John 10:36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 

Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Read on from John 10.36-

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">John 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">John 10:35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came�and Scripture cannot be set aside�<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">John 10:36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN><o:p></o:p>

so now, son of God=God

john 10:34 refers to psalm 82:6 �I said, �You are �gods�;
    you are all sons of the Most High.�.

so if son of God=God, how many Gods are there?

Edited by Mahdi The Seeke - 03 March 2013 at 8:33am
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2013 at 9:57pm
Why not read John verse 10 properly.
 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 
John 10:36

There is only One God. One God with three aspects (only 3 that have been revealed to humanity at this stage anyway). God the Son is one of the aspects. It is God the Son that has been made human. We as human are only �like� gods. Not God.
Once again - "begotten" means � single of its kind; only, unique.

Edited by Experiential - 03 March 2013 at 9:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic