IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PAUL  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PAUL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PAUL
    Posted: 07 January 2014 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Webber Webber wrote:

Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Hi Caringheart,
I knew you would respond.Yes the words that they used are sometimes beyond description.The word priks has changed to goads.We call this verbal diarrhea.

Greetings,
iec

κεντρα from kenteo (to prick); a point ("centre"), i.e. a sting (figuratively, poison) or goad (figuratively, divine impulse):--prick, sting.

Obviously not beyond description, and not changed thus the verbal diarrhea seems to be yours.

Now use your sting against this verse and see where it fits.
it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2013 at 11:29pm

Hi Caringheart,
I knew you would respond.Yes the words that they used are sometimes beyond description.The word priks has changed to goads.We call this verbal diarrhea.

Greetings,
iec

κεντρα from kenteo (to prick); a point ("centre"), i.e. a sting (figuratively, poison) or goad (figuratively, divine impulse):--prick, sting.

Obviously not beyond description, and not changed thus the verbal diarrhea seems to be yours.
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 10:02pm
Hi Caringheart,

Greetings,
iec
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2013 at 9:02pm

Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

Hi iec,

Quote: The meaning of kick against the pricks???? please explain.

Response: --- Paul was well educated in Jewish law and was a Pharisee, no doubt with great ambition for his life. --- When the Christians increased, he let his hateful nature take over his reason and began fighting against the Christians.
--- Sometimes if you want to sabotage a movement you arrest some leaders and put them in prison, so without a leader the others perhaps disperse. --- However, with the Pharisee�s, --- their first efforts seemed to have no effect, --- and Paul became the terrorist to the Christians. --- Everything the Christians did infuriated him and these were the 'goads' or 'pricks' that he was fighting against.

In the King James it says pricks (like sharp needles or thorns.)
In the New King James it uses the word �goads� which is like a �cattle prod� that gives a little electric shock (like a pin prick) to move the cattle on against their will.

--- If you will forgive me for saying so, that is what you are doing. --- You are re-acting against the accuracy of the Bible, and the Gospel Message of Jesus, the same way that Paul did. --- Each time you say the crucifixion is a fairytale, or the Bible is beyond repair, you are setting yourself up to be knocked off your high horse, just like Paul did.

I have no interest in you being a Christian, but you could be a more understanding Muslim, then you might become a learner, instead of a critic.

Hi Placid,

Let me help you,against the pricks means between the legs of a man on his penis.

iec

Greetings Ismail,

Why would you make this assumption, and statement, when you have been given a reasonable, and studied, answer?

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2013 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Placid Placid wrote:

Hi iec,

Response: --- Paul was well educated in Jewish law and was a Pharisee, no doubt with great ambition for his life. --- When the Christians increased, he let his hateful nature take over his reason and began fighting against the Christians.
--- Sometimes if you want to sabotage a movement you arrest some leaders and put them in prison, so without a leader the others perhaps disperse. --- However, with the Pharisee�s, --- their first efforts seemed to have no effect, --- and Paul became the terrorist to the Christians. --- Everything the Christians did infuriated him and these were the 'goads' or 'pricks' that he was fighting against.

In the New King James it uses the word �goads� which is like a �cattle prod� that gives a little electric shock (like a pin prick) to move the cattle on against their will.

--- If you will forgive me for saying so, that is what you are doing. --- You are re-acting against the accuracy of the Bible, and the Gospel Message of Jesus, the same way that Paul did. --- Each time you say the crucifixion is a fairytale, or the Bible is beyond repair, you are setting yourself up to be knocked off your high horse, just like Paul did.

I have no interest in you being a Christian, but you could be a more understanding Muslim, then you might become a learner, instead of a critic.

Hi Placid,

Let me help you,against the pricks means between the legs of a man on his penis.

iec

Edited by iec786 - 04 December 2013 at 10:09pm
Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2013 at 12:33pm
Hi iec,

iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2013 at 10:02am
Hi ,
You seem t know a lot about Paul,could you please explain this verse.

14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

The meaning of kick against the pricks???? please explain.
Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2013 at 5:26am
To continue with Paul from Acts 9:
1 Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest
2 and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
3 As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven.
4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, �Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?�
5 And he said, �Who are You, Lord?� Then the Lord said, �I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.�
6 So he, trembling and astonished, said, �Lord, what do You want me to do?� Then the Lord said to him, �Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.�
7 And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one.
8 Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.
9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

The first thing to note is that Paul didn�t write the Book of Acts, but it was written by the Historian, Luke who had written the Gospel. He was not with Paul at this time, but joined him later.
Another thing to notice was that the bright light that they saw, blinded Paul, so he wouldn�t have seen whether they remained standing or fell to the ground, so Luke would have gotten the details later. --- Notice that they led Paul by the hand into Damascus and found him a place to stay. --- Notice next that he sat there for �three days, without his sight, and he ate or drank nothing.� --- He was fasting and praying (v11). --- As a religious Pharisee he thought he was doing God�s will by putting Christians in prison and getting them off the street.
--- Now, being blinded, his career was finished, what could he do now but pray to God and seek His forgiveness?
--- People suffer for the wrong they have done, and while the Lord forgave Paul, He said, �I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name�s sake.�

10 Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, �Ananias.� And he said, �Here I am, Lord.�
11 So the Lord said to him, �Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.
12 And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight.�
13 Then Ananias answered, �Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.
14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name.�
15 But the Lord said to him, �Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.
16 For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name�s sake.�
17 And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, �Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.�
18 Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.
19 So when he had received food, he was strengthened. Then Saul spent some days with the disciples at Damascus.
--- Notice the words in v15, �He is �a chosen vessel of Mine� to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.�

His next testimony before the Jews was given over 20 years later in Acts 22:
6 �Now it happened, as I journeyed and came near Damascus at about noon, suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me.
7 And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, �Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?�
8 So I answered, �Who are You, Lord?� And He said to me, �I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.�
9 �And those who were with me indeed saw the light and were afraid, but they did not hear the voice of Him who spoke to me.
10 So I said, �What shall I do, Lord?� And the Lord said to me, �Arise and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed for you to do.�
11 And since I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of those who were with me, I came into Damascus.

--- Is that not the same testimony?
(A little more detail later)

Placid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic