IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PAUL  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PAUL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PAUL
    Posted: 22 February 2013 at 12:09pm
Was Paul a real apostle or a fake?

Paul said God's law was a Curse. Jesus said it was a blessing. Who's lying?
Paul condemned Jesus and His disciples for false teachings, he condemned Jesus Himself for having long hair in 1 Corinthians 11:14, something approved in Numbers 6:5 and Judges 13:5.
Jesus Said: Keep the Sabbath (Mark 2:27), circumcise male children (Luke 2:21), Paul Said: Circumcision is not necessary (Romans 2:26) that is going against what the Christ said in Luke 2:21.

Paul was never recognized as an apostle by the Disciples OR Jesus
Paul was never trained by the disciples, the men who walked, talked, and broke bread with our Saviour. He received his knowledge from "revelations."
Paul's account of his Damascus Road Experience changed every time he told it

In 1 Corinthians 15:1 Paul says that he was not giving them anything but what �he preached.� He explained this even further in the second book (or letter) to the Corinthians (2 Corinthians 11:17). It reads - �That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.� He's telling you plain and simple he was speaking of himself and not from or of the Lord!"
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2013 at 9:32pm

Mahdi Said

Was Paul a real apostle or a fake?

My Reply

Where are you getting this stuff from?

Mahdi Said

Paul said God's law was a Curse. Jesus said it was a blessing. Who's lying?

My Reply

Why don�t you quote the verses and we can look at them in context.

Mahdi Said

Paul condemned Jesus and His disciples for false teachings, he condemned Jesus Himself for having long hair in 1 Corinthians 11:14, something approved in Numbers 6:5 and Judges 13:5.

My Reply

To understand this 1 Corinthians 11:14b you need to understand what the situation was like in Corinth. At this time Corinth was known for it's immorality and perversity and the men that were sexual perverted had long hair. Paul  didn't want the men in the church to be taken for perverted. That's why he wrote this.

Apart from your point about long hair please quote the verses where Paul condemned Jesus and His disciples for false teachings so we can look at them in context.

Mahdi Said

Jesus Said: Keep the Sabbath (Mark 2:27)

My Reply

You misunderstand Mark 2:27. Once again you do not understand the context verse or context. According to the religious people Jesus was breaking the Sabbath and Jesus then is condemning the religious people for being too religious with the Sabbath.

Mahdi Said

Jesus said circumcise male children (Luke 2:21) , Paul Said: Circumcision is not necessary (Romans 2:26). that is going against what the Christ said in Luke 2:21.

My Reply

Wrong! You quote this verse is out of context (as usual). Jesus was not even talking in Luke 2.21.

Mahdi Said

Paul was never recognized as an apostle by the Disciples OR Jesus

My Reply

The resurrected Christ initiated Paul as an apostle on the Damascus rd and Peter and James recognized blessed him as an apostle as is shown in the Book of Acts.

Mahdi Said

Paul was never trained by the disciples, the men who walked, talked, and broke bread with our Saviour.

My Reply

and Peter and James recognized him as an apostle as is shown in the Book of Acts.

Mahdi Said

He received his knowledge from "revelations."

Paul's account of his Damascus Road Experience changed every time he told it

My Reply

Mohammad received his knowledge from �revelations� and  Paul had more Jewish credentials than Mohammad ever had.

Where are the verses showing Paul's account of his Damascus Road Experience changed every time he told it ?

Mahdi Said

In 1 Corinthians 15:1 Paul says that he was not giving them anything but what �he preached.� He explained this even further in the second book (or letter) to the Corinthians (2 Corinthians 11:17). It reads - �That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.�

He's telling you plain and simple he was speaking of himself and not from or of the Lord!" 

My Reply

So what�s your point here?

Was your Mohammad a prophet? He was a war monger who lived by the sword. He encouraged his men to take slave girls as prizes and he advised husbands to beat their wives.

Edited by Experiential - 11 March 2013 at 9:32pm
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2013 at 8:19am
Lol Mahdi, you spend too much time on answering-christianity.com.

Just cuz, please show us where you think you saw Jesus with long hair.
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2013 at 2:46am
I also wonder if your M... was a prophet considering he had S relations with a little girl ?
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

I also wonder if�your M... was a prophet considering he had S relations with a little girl ?
if 18 is little, yes he did. and stop trying to divert the topic. will be back with more evidence for my point of view.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

I also wonder if your M... was a prophet considering he had S relations with a little girl ?
if 18 is little, yes he did. and stop trying to divert the topic. will be back with more evidence for my point of view.
Actually. More like 9yrs old.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 9:15am
Hard to imagine that Paul was willing to be beaten, imprisoned, and die, for nothing, when he could have lived his whole life as an esteemed member of the Roman empire, and one of the Pharisees.  I would say something spectacular had to have happened to bring about such a transformation to this man's life, wouldn't you?

Edited by Caringheart - 17 March 2013 at 12:29pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

You have evidence Jesus had long hair?
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic