IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Alcohol and Cancer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alcohol and Cancer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alcohol and Cancer
    Posted: 15 February 2013 at 9:30am
Alcohol was classified as one of the most carcinogenic substances by the World Health Organisation in 1988 and is particularly linked to cancers of the mouth, throat and liver.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9870356/Thousands-of-women-die-from-breast-cancer-caused-by-drinking-research.html
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 6:33am
Surah Al Maidah ch 5 v 90 states that-stay away from alcohol,pork,prostration in front of others so that by staying away from this u can become successful.these are all Satan's conspiracy to deviate U from right path.
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 8:46am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Satan's conspiracy to deviate U from right path.

The words of a brainwashed individual, I'd say. As you know, alcohol is a human invention and it has your brain react in a certain way.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 10:19am
Originally posted by W.S. W.S. wrote:

The words of a brainwashed individual, I'd say. As you know, alcohol is a human invention and it has your brain react in a certain way.

Greetings W.S.,

I disagree.  Satan has always worked through people to lead them astray.  Alcohol definitely leads one away from God and His good path.

Salaam.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by W.S. W.S. wrote:

Greetings W.S.,

I disagree.  Satan has always worked through people to lead them astray.  Alcohol definitely leads one away from God and His good path.

Salaam.
Hello!
I'm not saying that alcohol and religion is a good combination. If a person has a drink it's on him, and he does it because he has chosen to do so. The influencing factors behind his decision to have a drink may be several, but I don't think that some Satan character having "whispered" in his ear is one of them.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 12:42pm
Greetings W.S.,

That voice is within each of us.
Good and evil live within all of us, and the propensity to do good or evil depends on which voice we listen to. 

Have you ever heard the Cheokee parable of the Two Wolves?  I shared it here;
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24493&KW=wolf&PID=171697#171697
It is good to read.  i hope you will take the time. Smile

We have a choice which voice we listen to, or which wolf we feed... good or evil.
Choosing alcohol is making a choice that leads away from God... away from His Spirit within us, and to be controlled by the spirit of alcohol instead.  Alcohol alters the mind's abilities, therefore it is easily a tool, or weapon, of satan to be used against us.
Is it any wonder that alcohol ruins health?  Spoils God's good creation.

Salaam, Smile
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 24 February 2013 at 12:46pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 6:19am
I always quote with proof brother,these lines are not mine these lines are from Qur'an I.e the word of Allah.in Surah Al Araf ch 7 v 16,Satan claims to deviate human beings from straight path,and if one drinks alcohol he is damaging himself,as mentioned in Surah Al Baqarah ch 2 v 195 that don't let ur own hands to b the cause of ur own destruction.the root of evil things major or minor is Satan on this earth and teachings of Qur'an are the weapon to combat him.the specific verses to combat Satan are Surah Al Falaq ch 113 & Surah An Naas ch 114 v 1-6.Allahfiz
W.S. View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 7:38am

Greetings W.S.,

That voice is within each of us.
Good and evil live within all of us, and the propensity to do good or evil depends on which voice we listen to.

Have you ever heard the Cheokee parable of the Two Wolves? I shared it here;
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24493&KW=wolf&PID=171697#171697
It is good to read. i hope you will take the time. Smile

We have a choice which voice we listen to, or which wolf we feed... good or evil.
I've come across it before, actually. I try to feed only the good one. How well you manage to do that depends a lot on the conditions around you.

Choosing alcohol is making a choice that leads away from God... away from His Spirit within us, and to be controlled by the spirit of alcohol instead.
Even though I'll agree that it's best not to drink any alcohol, I guess the leading away part depends on how much and how often you drink. Alcohol has the potential to take you over, and some people are at a greater risk of this happening than others, obviously. I think it's sad and undignified when people get so drunk they can no longer behave themselves. But if people want to enjoy a couple of beers or glasses of wine now and then, I personally don't have any problem with that. You don't get wasted from a couple of cold ones.

Alcohol alters the mind's abilities

Tell me about it!

Is it any wonder that alcohol ruins health?
No, it's not.

I always quote with proof brother,these lines are not mine these lines are from Qur'an I.e the word of Allah.in Surah Al Araf ch 7 v 16,Satan claims to deviate human beings from straight path,and if one drinks alcohol he is damaging himself,as mentioned in Surah Al Baqarah ch 2 v 195 that don't let ur own hands to b the cause of ur own destruction.the root of evil things major or minor is Satan on this earth and teachings of Qur'an are the weapon to combat him.the specific verses to combat Satan are Surah Al Falaq ch 113 & Surah An Naas ch 114 v 1-6.Allahfiz

Well, I'm a little more secular in my thinking. I think that the only "weapon" that would work here in Sweden would be informing people of the damages that alcohol can cause your health, your life and people around you. This is already being done, though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic