IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - the Qur'an and peace  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the Qur'an and peace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the Qur'an and peace
    Posted: 13 February 2013 at 5:21pm
I would like if anyone would share with me where they feel the Qur'an promotes peace.
Thank you.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 2:27am
Surah Al Maidaah ch 5 v 32-Allah says if you save an innocent human being as if U have save the whole humanity.Surah Al Fussilat ch 41 v 34-Allah says no doubt good deeds and bad deeds can never b same,supress the bad deeds by doing good deeds and U will see ur enemy will become ur best friend.Surah Al Hujurat ch 49 v 6-whenever a message posed on to U do enquiry whether it is right or wrong,We know that most people blame each other just by hearing somebody,without finding truth.surah Al hujurat ch 49 v 11-12 forbids backbiting or laughing at others behind their back and v know backbiting is the root of big fights and quarrels.Allahfiz
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2013 at 8:40am
The early Meccan suras promote peace, many of the later Medinan suras promote violence and injustice.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

The early Meccan suras promote peace, many of the later Medinan suras promote violence and injustice.

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2013 at 10:40pm
can U quote some verses related to violence and injustice from Qur'an.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 9:09am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Greetings NABA,

That's not what this thread is for.
Thanks.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Greetings NABA,

That's not what this thread is for.
Thanks.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Assalamo Alaikom Caringheart (Peace be upon you Caringheart),

Peace be upon you Naba. You asked a fair question relating to this thread. I also want to know what Caringheart feels about Peace and the Quran.

They (think to) deceive Allah and those who believe, while they only deceive themselves, and perceive (it) not! (9) In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and Allah has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies. (10) And when it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "We are only peacemakers." (11) Verily! They are the ones who make mischief, but they perceive not. (12) And when it is said to them (hypocrites): "Believe as the people (followers of Muhammad Peace be upon him, Al-Ansar and Al-Muhajirun) have believed," they say: "Shall we believe as the fools have believed?" Verily, they are the fools, but they know not. (13) And when they meet those who believe, they say: "We believe," but when they are alone with their Shayatin (devils - polytheists, hypocrites, etc.), they say: "Truly, we are with you; verily, we were but mocking." (14) Allah mocks at them and gives them increase in their wrong-doings to wander blindly. (15) These are they who have purchased error for guidance, so their commerce was profitless. And they were not guided. (16) Their likeness is as the likeness of one who kindled a fire; then, when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in darkness. (So) they could not see. (17) They are deaf, dumb, and blind, so they return not (to the Right Path). (18) Or like a rainstorm from the sky, wherein is darkness, thunder, and lightning. They thrust their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunderclap for fear of death. But Allah ever encompasses the disbelievers (i.e. Allah will gather them all together). (19) The lightning almost snatches away their sight, whenever it flashes for them, they walk therein, and when darkness covers them, they stand still. And if Allah willed, He could have taken away their hearing and their sight. Certainly, Allah has power over all things. (20) O mankind! Worship your Lord (Allah), Who created you and those who were before you so that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V. 2:2). (21)

Peace be upon you, Caringheart.

Edited by Rational - 16 March 2013 at 2:00pm
الله
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2013 at 2:26pm
Greetings Rational,

I have not found peace in the qur'an, or promotion of peace in the qur'an,
that is why I am asking muslims to share with me where they find the peace that is said to be in the qur'an, and promoted by the qur'an.

Salaam.
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic