IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - surah 2  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

surah 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 4:30pm
Anyone else feel like listening to the qur'an being recited has kind of a hypnotizing effect?
It no doubt induces a feeling of peacefulness, of other worldliness... not knowing the words of course, just hearing the poetic rhythm, the ebb and flow, of the words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxXlPBcsnJg

Edited by Caringheart - 11 February 2013 at 4:31pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

You say;
God Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is talking about all the disbelievers."
and I ask; Does this have a specific connotation in your mind?  To you, who are disbelievers?
"Allah took away their light and left them in darkness [so] they could not see."
and yes, who is this allah that blinds people?

The disbelievers are everybody who has not submitted to the One True God Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala (all non-Muslims).

This Allah who blinds people is the One True God Who created the heavens and the earth. Those who disobey Him are left in darkness as they are not within His light. What you STILL do not understand is that by not believing you are choosing this darkness. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala does no injustice to anyone.

Are you able to put the other two(2:24 and 2:26) in your own words that I might understand what they mean to you?

2:24 is a continuation of 2:24 so if you are not able to produce a surah like that is in the Holy Qur'an, then you still disbelieve then you will burn in hell. I don't know if I can make it any more simpler.

2:26 You are still hung on this "misleads whoh He will..." statement. Again if you do not believe in Him or His message then you are far from his Mercy and satan will have the licence to mislead these non-believers. You must believe first to have His guidance.

[/QUOTE]
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 7:45pm
Thank you Abu-Loren for your answers,
The disbelievers are everybody who has not submitted to the One True God Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala (all non-Muslims).
Question:  Why is the term non-muslims added?  Does it ever say this in the qur'an?
 Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala does no injustice to anyone.

If allah is who you think he is.

I'm still trying to work out the other 2 surah's.

2:24 means if you can't produce poetry, like the poetry of the qur'an, then you must believe in the qur'an, or go to hell?

because it sounds like it is saying that if you can't produce poetry like the qur'an, and at the same time saying that no one can, then prepare for hell.

surah 2:26 sounds like,
allah will not hesitate to make a copy of even a gnat, or of anything larger than that, and that those who don't believe this ask, "What does allah wish by doing such a thing?"

What message is this meant to convey?  Do you know?

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 11 February 2013 at 8:11pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 10:26pm

Thank you Abu-Loren for your answers,
Question:  Why is the term non-muslims added?  Does it ever say this in the qur'an?

Ever since a New Covenent was established with Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) a believer is a person who has submitted his will to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala by saying " I declare that there is no deity except Allah and I also decalre that Muhammad is His slave and messenger". All other belief systems are null and void.

[/QUOTE]
 Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala does no injustice to anyone.

If allah is who you think he is.

2:24 means if you can't produce poetry, like the poetry of the qur'an, then you must believe in the qur'an, or go to hell?

because it sounds like it is saying that if you can't produce poetry like the qur'an, and at the same time saying that no one can, then prepare for hell.

allah will not hesitate to make a copy of even a gnat, or of anything larger than that, and that those who don't believe this ask, "What does allah wish by doing such a thing?"

Salaam,
Caringheart

[/QUOTE]

It's all about belief. Even a mustard seed worth will do.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Ever since a New Covenent was established with Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) a believer is a person who has submitted his will to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala by saying " I declare that there is no deity except Allah and I also decalre that Muhammad is His slave and messenger". All other belief systems are null and void.

Who says so... according to whom?  Does it say this in the qur'an?
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Originally posted by caringheart caringheart wrote:

Salaam,
Caringheart

It's all about belief. Even a mustard seed worth will do.

Yes, but what belief?  What is it that you are believing in?  What is the message in these surah's?

Thanks,
CH

Edited by Caringheart - 12 February 2013 at 10:43am
Blessed be God forever
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:58am

Who says so... according to whom?  Does it say this in the qur'an?
God says so. According to God. All over the Holy Qur'an.

Yes, but what belief?  What is it that you are believing in?  What is the message in these surah's?

There is no God but Allah. I believe that there is only ONE God. The message is really simple, that is if you do not believe in Him and do not follow the laws that He has stipulated in the Holy Qur'an then you are a disbeliever and your final destination is hell.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 11:26am
Greetings Abu_Loren,

But you avoid answering the questions.
Citations of where 'it is all over the qur'an'?  I don't think I've seen the words non-muslim anywhere in the qur'an.  Disbeliever, or unbeliever, yes, but 'non-muslim', no.  In fact, I don't think I've seen the word muslim in the qu'ran.
and what meaning is there in those verses of surah 2?
Those were the answers I was seeking.  I know your belief.  I am delving into the scriptures.
Thanks for you answers though.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 12 February 2013 at 11:33am
Blessed be God forever
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 1:45am

Greetings Abu_Loren,

But you avoid answering the questions.
Citations of where 'it is all over the qur'an'?  I don't think I've seen the words non-muslim anywhere in the qur'an.  Disbeliever, or unbeliever, yes, but 'non-muslim', no.  In fact, I don't think I've seen the word muslim in the qu'ran.
and what meaning is there in those verses of surah 2?
Those were the answers I was seeking.  I know your belief.  I am delving into the scriptures.
Thanks for you answers though.

Salaam,
Caringheart

I've already answered your questions, it seems that you have a closed heart and brain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic