IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - G-d Does NOT Change!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

G-d Does NOT Change!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: G-d Does NOT Change!
    Posted: 14 February 2013 at 3:53pm
Greetings Hasan,

42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.  (Luke)

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.  39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.  40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.  42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?  (John)

Yes, He questioned the people, but never His Father who sent Him.  He gave His life, at the hands of the Jews and the Romans, in obedience to the will of the Father who sent Him.

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.  33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.

36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Edited by Caringheart - 14 February 2013 at 4:01pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

I can only go by the fact that Jesus came, and what He said and revealed about Himself, and those things which he first spoke about and then came to pass, and those who were with Him saw the Truth, the good news, and went out into the world to share this good news, the Truth from God, even at the price of death.

DYING FOR SOMETHING DOES NOT MAKE IT REAL/TRUE
Greetings Mahdi,Would you die for something without having an awfully powerful belief in its truth?but yes, I guess your statement would be correct, there are people dying today because they believe they will receive 72 hourris' in their afterlife.What were the Apostle's dying for?Salaam,Caringheart
caringheart, use your head/brain.

but yes, I guess your statement would be correct, there are people dying today because they believe they will receive 72 hourris' in their afterlife.What were the Apostle's dying for?Salaam,Caringheart
you already believe people can die for something false, so do not ever use that nonsensical argument again.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 11:56am
Carinheart,
The funny thing is that he did not die, at least not by choice (remember his cries to God quoted in the Bible "...why have you forsaken me. He was killed, if we assume that for a second. There is a difference when someone kills someone vs someone giving his life willfully and that is called a suicide. I have not come across any verse in the OT yet that says that the Messiah will be killed!
There is a difference when someone asks for money from you nicely, vs rob you at gunpoint! According to your version he was killed at gunpoint or it's equivalent of that time. And do not forget he questioned his persecution. John 7:19
Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Thus we consult the Qruan, the only reliable, unchanged and true account of this matter:
"..but they killed him not, nor crucified him,.." 4:157
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 14 February 2013 at 12:07pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

I can only go by the fact that Jesus came, and what He said and revealed about Himself, and those things which he first spoke about and then came to pass, and those who were with Him saw the Truth, the good news, and went out into the world to share this good news, the Truth from God, even at the price of death.

Greetings Mahdi,

Would you die for something without having an awfully powerful belief in its truth?

but yes, I guess your statement would be correct, there are people dying today because they believe they will receive 72 hourris' in their afterlife.

What were the Apostle's dying for?

Salaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 11:17am
Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2BNwZk6Wi4&list=WLFHdUBKWxT2GrSQs5SIbA2wS6QDa3W4VJ

Greetings 786SalamKhan,

Yes, I have watched that debate before, and I found Evans to be more compelling than Ehrman.  I elaborated my reasons why at that time.  I don't know if it was posted on the forum, or if I kept my notes.  I do know what conclusion I reached.

Regardless, I still ask... Have you read the words of Jesus as they are recorded?
Is there anything in Jesus words as recorded that is not good?

I repeat myself;
"There have been many things said about Jesus and I have delved deeply into every thing that is said(and continue to do so), to weigh carefully whether the views I have held are clear and true.
It is this that allows me to realize that any one of us could find, in the end, that we have been wrong.
If anything saves me it may be my humility to accept this truth.
What is not wrong is what I find in God's Word... the Bible.
With Muhammad I gain nothing that I don't already have, without Jesus I lose everything."

I still conclude that;
"The only conclusive thing that I can always say is, who can argue with the teaching of Jesus?  Is there a single thing He taught, and brought to the world, that is not good?"

I find nothing of relevance that is disputable in the teaching, or life of Jesus, as it is recorded in the new testament.  If we follow the teaching, and way, of Jesus we are led to God.
If Muhammad was a prophet of God, then he too follows the teaching of Jesus, and thus is able to lead his people to God.  But you must know Jesus.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 12 February 2013 at 11:21am
Blessed be God forever
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:12am

786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 8:06am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2BNwZk6Wi4&list=WLFHdUBKWxT2GrSQs5SIbA2wS6QDa3W4VJ
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

It upsets me to see you talking like this about our beloved prophet Mohammad (Salla Allah Allaihi wa Sallam). If the prophet heard you speak about him like this, I'd imagine he would turn his cheek and pray that Allah forgives you and guides you away from the darkness you live in.

"On the Day their tongues, their hands, and their feet will bear witness against them as to their actions." (24:24)

May Allah forgive you Caringheart.

Greetings Rational,

I'm sorry, and I know it does, and I am glad that you expressed it so civilly, but it should not be a source of injury to you.  We are all truth-seekers are we not?  What can Muhammad bring to me that I do not already have?  He brought his own people to belief in one god, which is good, but I already had that.
If God thinks I need His forgiveness, then I too, pray that I will receive it, but I am pretty certain that I live in the Light.

Salaam and blessings to you,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 11 February 2013 at 3:50pm
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic