IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marijuana  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMarijuana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 7:10am

Originally posted by inhale inhale wrote:

Don't just copy and paste sh*t from a random site and then use that for your argument.

EXCUSE ME!!!

I DID NOT JUST PICK SOME RANDOM SITE!!!

Did you check the site ?? which also has references to other resources ??

No I don't think so. 

FYI that site is authoritive and with reliable information and I DON'T PLAY AROUND WITH ISSUES CONCERNING HEALTH!!! So don't sit there and tell me it's sh*t from some random site.

It's funny you say that I use the info to justify my argument, may I say what are you doing ???  

And also I could even go as far and say that you got your info from some random site

Quote Do you even know *why* they made Marijuana illegal in the first place?

And would you even care even if I posted something ?? And what you say is the truth right?? Why should I believe you and not the scientists ??

Quote I can't believe how many people just blindly listen to the government.

Who said that we are blindly following the government ? oh right You

Quote and not to mention Hemp has LOTS of legitimate uses. We could be saving billions of we use Hemp instead of trees to make paper/clothing/rope/etc.

Actually I agree with you here.  

Quote I'm not telling ANYONE to do drugs. I'm just saying, do your research.

Do your research, funny you say that  man why didn't I think of that in the first place and not pick some random site with sh*t info, lol!  

Quote Some links:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_timeline.ph p

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_health.shtm l

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.cgi?S1=1&S2=-1& ;a mp;a mp;S3=-1&C1=9&Str=

Are you sure this is not some random site

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 7:56am

inhale, And who made you the one and only interpreter of marijuana ??!

Originally posted by inhale inhale wrote:

I was just commenting on what Angel pasted from a site. I didn't want the thread to end with misinformation.

commenting??

You know I don't mind being corrected but you to come here with your seemingly arrogant attitude and balantly discredit everything I have pointed out about the use of marijuana when I have done research and know something of it. You can't tell me that the information I brought forth is completely wrong.

How can I tell if you are completely right, because you say it is ?? I do have some intelligence to do my own research  I don't agree with all that the governments of the world do either, but I do see why they make some things illegal. 

Quote I just don't like seeing people base their conclusions on topics they researched at *.gov websites, or they learned from one side of the story.

lol! shows what you know, what makes you think I based my conclusions on a gov't site ?? You don't even know what I have researched or not, SO DON"T jump to conclusion, ok! just because I use one or two sites in support of my information, does not make me or the infor balantly wrong (because you say so!) 

Quote I want people to see both sides and then come up with their own opinion on something. I feel like the previous posts only showed Mankind BS answers that were either made up on the spot or pasted from an anti-Marijuana website. He needs to see both sides first.

Go and get your facts right will you!

You know, I have no problems with having both sides shown but you.........arrhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................forget!

You know something, the original issue here is about marijuana and wether if its haram or halah in "Islam" and where it is stated. What all of us have said is that its is haram and showed why. This is what mankind wanted with regards to Islam and he got that, nothing more nothing less. I as a non muslim, also pointed out why it would be considered as haram in islam. So I have not done nothing or pointed out wrong. I have had talks with Mankind privately and come to the conclusion he is intelligent enough to do his or more reasearch and I have also come to the conclusion he was trying to justify his use of marijuana in islam when it is haram. 

So you stated earlier you are muslim, so tell me and the others is it haram or halal and also for the information I got, from my research, this would be why marijuana is haram in islam ??

Another question, since you are muslim (and perhaps hopeful not by name) why are you using and why do you think its ok for you to use in islam? Are you overriding Allah's laws, don't you believe in the quran?

I believe this info would be more helpful to Mankind more so than the other info you gave, if he comes back.

Edited by Angel
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Khadija1021 Khadija1021 wrote:

inhale:  "I read this in a magazine while waiting for someone in the doctor's lobby. I don't remember the mag though..
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Study_finds_marijuana_use_leads_ to_brain_development_in_rats"

So, you couldn�t find the magazine so you used this other article that you found on-line.  And it was nice that you pasted some parts of the article for use to read, but you left out the following:

"Our results were obtained from rats, and there's a big difference between rats and humans," added Zhang, "So, I really don't know yet if our findings apply to humans.�

Quote Our results were obtained from rats, and there's a big difference between rats and humans," added Zhang, "So, I really don't know yet if our findings apply to humans.�

Interesting, Inhale...and you have a cheek to say that I provided misformation!

magoo_foru View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 7:53pm
I know this is a late reply but i really want to hear back from you inhale on your views about this and we can discuss this further if you care for it.
inhale your my dawg man walla people this guy knows the subject. and khadija good job too. I think both sides are right this is one of the gray areas in islam. Cannabis has been around for awhile especially in the middle-east and as Islam spread this was a big issue that scholars had to deal with in the end they unanimously agreed it was forbidden. But this is a discussion so lets discuss. Inhale your argument is one I made back in the day. Muslims introduced canabis to the United States i forget the date but back in the day at a world fair the ottoman emir at the time introduced cannabis to American culuture. I believe this was after WWI american service men went to the mid-east and couldnt get drunk so they smoked weed they perferred this to alcohol because there wasnt a hang over. So the Turk new this and at the world fair set up a cafe where people could smoke hashish. The use of hasish spread across the US and was ultimately made illegal not for moral reasons but as an attack on the influx of mexican immigrants. In the US this is the reason behind all there drug laws they outlawed heroin because they thought it was suceptable to black people and that black would rape white women when using it. Then Nixon passed an all inclusive antidrug bill mainly aimed to stop LSD because people on it he thought were suceptable to protest and he wanted that to end. But the same trends have happened in the Muslim world cannabis has been banned and accepted over and over again over there. Like in 1378 Ottoman Emir soudoun scheikhouni made one of the first laws in the area against eating hashish. And dont think the refinement of cannibus is a new thing either arabs have been refining it for centuries they made hash that was something like 60% thc and for anyone who hasnt smoked weed thats alot. There was a whole moveement back in the day where this guy Hasan ibn-sabah would give his cult followers strong hash and beautiful women as an indication of what was to follow in heaven if they followed him. Then he would send them out on missions to kill muslim governers and leaders against his ways. Bascially his use of hash and murder formed the english word Assasin. This was in the 11th century so a safe bet would be that it was illegal at the time. So it wasnt in response to the west that hash and cannibus was illegal it was always at issue in the Muslim world when it would have a resurgence of popularity.

Now on a personal level back in the day I used to smoke a lot of weed I mean a lot. I was in school at the time and I remember I did very well at math i always stunk at math. My parents and friends became concerned with my habits and helped me in stopping. I wasnt physically addicted it was just i missed the euphoria i felt when me and my girl mary jane were together right. So anyways i quit and guess what happened boom math was out with me needless to say i set out to prove that marijuana is not haram and should be used to heighten ones awareness. I found the cultural use of marijuana, i found that khamr in its direct translation does not mean intoxicants but rather fermented plants fruit and what have you, and besides that who gets real intoxicated on weed right? i mean its not like alcohol where you shut down or shrooms where you go to a different level or really any other drug instead of taking you somewhere weed presents your world 500x cleared. So how could that be bad? But without proof I had nothing. So I studied more and i found the most profound bit of information available to me.

I always thought weed was majic weed is nothing but the relization of what you already are. Your body is perfect allah made it that way, but some people have and imbalance of endorphins and by using drug they balance themselves out and you feel normal to as when you are off of drugs your abnormal. Sounds wierd huh? Well for me that became a challenge like wait up you mean all i have to do is find a way to release endorphins through my mind and i can get high any time I want to and on top of that i dont have to spend and money on drugs! Alright lets see if anyone has studied that..yes they have runing releases endorphins its called a runners high. Forget that im not running thats too much work. Chocolate releases endorphins nah not for me. Then i came to my own realization find what makes you happy and boom youll get high. Doesnt make sense huh? Ok im an artist pretty much from day one just havent relized it. So i expressed my self through art and im not talking about drawing flowers but like abstract this is who i am on my canvas and people look and say neat but dont know the inspiration personal art. Then i stare at it and ooo boy its not a chemical high its like this organic euphoria that fills my body and stays with me the whole day. Basically what im saying is weed, cannabis, hash are a short term solution to a long term problem within yourself. If you need a chemical to make you feel complete that aint living thats just getting by. Whether its haram or not the question is why use weed graduate to a stronger solution.

magoo_foru View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2006 at 7:57pm
correction.... whether it is haram or not is not the question the question is why use weed? graduate to a stronger solution to your need.

Illuminati View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2006 at 1:38am
I am a new Muslim, I have said my shahada in the presense of our fellow brother Omar Alumari, a true friend of mine.

The following is and should just be taken as my opinion.

As long as you don't let yourself be subject to addiction or even let it alter your perception of life then it is ok to only cook with Marijuana.
Smoking anything is prohibited, for it causes harm to our bodies, which should be regarded as our own personal temples that Allah gave us compassionately in trust.
One should never think of weed as something to make life fun!
One should not have to induce intoxicants in one's body to be able to feel contempt in life!

The reason to induce yourself with THC should be something productive. Potheads that sit around TV and let their minds rot and let munchies get to them mentally are weak in will and ambition. Not only because they are 1. Potheads (Addicted) but also 2. Mindless. Instead why not write an essay of such high standards that it will make people recognize your work? Paint a Masterpiece? Write a symphony? Use the talents Allah gave us to strive to be exponentially productive each passing day in life whilst praising Allah.
Everyday should be more productive then the last.

Speaking of Potheads, those who when tasting food, enjoy it selfishly without praise to Allah for giving Humanity His Bounties disgust me. I am a 16 year old Mexican from Houston who last spring break of 2005 was invited to volunteer in a Medical Brigade with a Christian organization called the Poor Hand Maids of Jesus Christ to Mexico in the Valle of Uxpanapa. Beautiful scenery, Allahu akbar, in which made me realize how American society is a slave to their Capitolistic Free Enterprise Market. I sweat and will continue to sweat for my people for ever, just to see the smile it brings them to have served them under Allah.

If I had a choice, and because I'm still 16 I don't, I would much rather have lived and died all my life in my country without all these materialistic temptations in the concrete jungle I am forced to reside in of Houston, Texas. But because I do accept and submit to Allah's Will I try to make the best out of my situation, for I know my people suffer in my country. I cried so many nights in appreciation, when I
was simply allowed to witness all the stars without city lights to block them. I cried when I saw the animals and how they were treated over there, the dogs were emaciated and had flees and ticks around theyre eyes. And I think of American dogs that get spoiled with food.

'm in school (Kerr High School) currently and my most recent report card was:
I aspire to be a Medical Doctor.
English A
Symphonic Band A
Algebra II A
United States History B-

I dont want to use numerical grades because I don't want to guess what I got since I turned in my progress report already. I'm not trying to lie here, for Allah sees all.

With my life set on a path to pure righteousness and virtue whilst confirming my faith, giving everyday 5 times a day praise to Allah, my salat, my zakat (the majority percantage of my earned money will go to charitable organizations, also I'm limited to only do Medical Brigades in spring Break because I can't personally decide that for myself in America by law because my parents still own me and Its hard with school and education), Fast during our holy month of Ramadan, and lastly my ultimate goal in life to raise funds for pilgramage to Mecca (when I can personally can afford to do so).

So this is my ultimate question to all those wiser than me on this forum, with this said... am I still going to hell?

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 11:47pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Brother Illuminati, shukran for your honest and open post.  It is wonderful to see someone as young as you concerned about their deen.   Where are you originally from?  Please don�t judge all American�s by what you see in Houston.  I, too, lived in Houston for a brief time in my life and I know what you mean.  But not all Americans live like that.  Houston like any other big city in the US is where a people congregate to for work.  This means that for most larger cities there are higher populations of those who are under educated and who are low on the social economic scale.  I am not trying to say that those who fit into this category are necessarily as you are describing; however, sadly it happens within this group more often than in others.  I don�t think this thread is the proper place to discuss such social dynamics so I will end with that.  Hopefully I have not offended anyone.  If so, I am truly sorry and that was not my intentions.

With respect to your consumption of marijuana, regardless of whether you smoke it or eat it, marijuana is an intoxicant which fogs the brain and because of this, any salat which you make while you have THC in your system is invalid.  Allah commands us not to approach Him in prayer when our mind is in a fog.

4:43 O ye who believe! Approach not prayers with a mind befogged, until ye can understand all that ye say,- nor in a state of ceremonial impurity (Except when travelling on the road), until after washing your whole body. If ye are ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from offices of nature, or ye have been in contact with women, and ye find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand or earth, and rub therewith your faces and hands. For Allah doth blot out sins and forgive again and again.

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo la taqraboo alssalata waantum sukara hatta taAAlamoo ma taqooloona wala junuban illa AAabiree sabeelin hatta taghtasiloo wain kuntum marda aw AAala safarin aw jaa ahadun minkum mina alghaiti aw lamastumu alnnisaa falam tajidoo maan fatayammamoo saAAeedan tayyiban faimsahoo biwujoohikum waaydeekum inna Allaha kana AAafuwwan ghafooran

Regardless of whether you feel your mind is befogged or not, when you consume marijuana, the THC in the marijuana will store in the fatty cells of your brain causing your brain not to function normally.  This is simply a proven fact.  The problem for those who use it, is that being under the influence of marijuana gives the user a false sense of well-being which keeps them from seeing the reality of what is actually taking place in their brain.  As can be seen in the ayats below, this is the work of Shaytan and Allah commands us to abstain from such behavior:

5:90  O ye who believe! intoxicants and gambling (dedication of) stones and (divination by) arrows are an abomination of Satan's handiwork: eschew such (abomination) that ye may prosper.

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo innama alkhamru waalmaysiru waalansabu waalazlamu rijsun min AAamali alshshaytani faijtaniboohu laAAallakum tuflihoona

5:91  Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you with intoxicants and gambling and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?

Innama yureedu alshshaytanu an yooqiAAa baynakumu alAAadawata waalbaghdaa fee alkhamri waalmaysiri wayasuddakum AAan thikri Allahi waAAani alssalati fahal antum muntahoona

I don�t think any of us can know who is and who isn�t going to be fuel for the fires of hell; however, the simple fact that you ask that question indicates, at least to me, that you know in your heart that what you are doing is no right.  How you choose to live your life in this world is your call.  Allah gave us �free will� for a reason, but with is comes consequences.  You have the right to choose, but you will be the one to live with the consequences not me or not someone else.  So, I�m going to leave you with one more ayat and let you decide what you need to be doing with your life. 

4:17 Allah accept the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will Allah turn in mercy: For Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.

Innama alttawbatu AAala Allahi lillatheena yaAAmaloona alssooa bijahalatin thumma yatooboona min qareebin faolaika yatoobu Allahu AAalayhim wakana Allahu AAaleeman hakeeman

Inshallah you will make the right decision.  Keep up the good work in school so that Inshallah you will be able to leave Houston as soon as you are old enough to do so.   Ameen!

Ashukru-lillahi Rabbil-Alameen wala- hawla  wala quwata illa billah

ALLAH HAFIZ

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
Illuminati View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2006 at 10:49am
Asslamu Alaikum

Sister Khadija...
After a long talk with our brother Omar and after reading your post,
I have concluded my previous mindset was wrong.
I'd like to apologize to the forum and those who read what I said
that influenced them to think that marijuana is ok, anything that intoxicates the mind all it really does is hinder your potential.
I feel really bad for being so hypocritical in life and praise.
This day marks my step into a pure life.
*sigh*
I'm sorry (insert noun).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic