IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am curious  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am curious

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am curious
    Posted: 15 February 2013 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Empiricist Empiricist wrote:

You did not answer my questions at all about Prophets.  Can you not answer it?  Does anyone know what a Prophet is?  If you cannot define one, how do you know there are none?  Just because the Quran says so?  The Quran must stand up to examination.  Just because somebody says it is accurate does not mean it is.  Nor is it because everyone believes it to be true.  In fact prophesy is alive and well today.   Muhammed was not the last one.  How could prophesy stop?  This is a concept that makes no sense and cannot be possible.

Jesus was either a madman or correct.   A madman does not say such things, so he must be who he said he was.   A former atheist, CS LEWIS, studied Jesus and became a Christian and wrote many books.  MERE CHRISTIANITY is one very good about this subject.  Read that.  Also read THE HIDING PLACE by Corrie Ten Boom.  And read HEAVEN IS FOR REAL.   These will make you a Christian.  There are no such books or stories for Islam.

LOL Mr. Empiricist Islam nor Muslims do not need bed time stories, we have the TRUTH from God that is the Holy Qur'an. I suggest you read the translation of it and be ready to get your mind blown out of this galaxy. :)
Empiricist View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 12:19am
Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

Many like him?  Can you give some examples?  Was he not a prophet? 

How do you define a prophet? 

Do you say there are no more prophets after Muhammed?  

How do you know there are no more?

Edgar Cayce - was he not a prophet?

In fact how do you know Muhammed was a prophet? 

There are many Hadith that state that no more Prophets will come after him and the Quran calls Muhammad(SAW) "Seal of the Prophets".

How do you in fact know that Jesus was true and not a mad man(Nauzubillah) like Jews contend or not real and rip off from pagan religions(Nauzubillah) like some Atheists contend?
You did not answer my questions at all about Prophets.  Can you not answer it?  Does anyone know what a Prophet is?  If you cannot define one, how do you know there are none?  Just because the Quran says so?  The Quran must stand up to examination.  Just because somebody says it is accurate does not mean it is.  Nor is it because everyone believes it to be true.  In fact prophesy is alive and well today.   Muhammed was not the last one.  How could prophesy stop?  This is a concept that makes no sense and cannot be possible.

Jesus was either a madman or correct.   A madman does not say such things, so he must be who he said he was.   A former atheist, CS LEWIS, studied Jesus and became a Christian and wrote many books.  MERE CHRISTIANITY is one very good about this subject.  Read that.  Also read THE HIDING PLACE by Corrie Ten Boom.  And read HEAVEN IS FOR REAL.   These will make you a Christian.  There are no such books or stories for Islam.
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2013 at 12:20am

Many like him?� Can you give some examples?� Was he not a prophet?�

How do you define a prophet?�

Do you say there are no more prophets after Muhammed?��

In fact how do you know Muhammed was a prophet?�

There are many Hadith that state that no more Prophets will come after him and the Quran calls Muhammad(SAW) "Seal of the Prophets".

How do you in fact know that Jesus was true and not a mad man(Nauzubillah) like Jews contend or not real and rip off from pagan religions(Nauzubillah) like some Atheists contend?

Edited by 786SalamKhan - 09 February 2013 at 12:20am
Empiricist View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 7:44pm
Many like him?  Can you give some examples?  Was he not a prophet? 

How do you define a prophet? 

Do you say there are no more prophets after Muhammed?  

In fact how do you know Muhammed was a prophet? 
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

Joseph Smith claims the Promised land is America!?

Yes, I recently came across that in the teaching... bizarre to say the least.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 11:29pm
Probably what you make of him. False.
Joseph Smith claims the Promised land is America!?
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 5:33pm
Greetingsto you too Caringheart.

Yes I have read about him.

Not much different from many like him.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 4:27pm
Greetings Nur_Ilahi and Mahdi_the_seek,

Are you familiar with Joseph Smith at all?

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic