IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BIBLE:JESUS LIED/FALSE PROPHET(LAZARUS)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIBLE:JESUS LIED/FALSE PROPHET(LAZARUS)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIBLE:JESUS LIED/FALSE PROPHET(LAZARUS)
    Posted: 31 January 2013 at 2:27pm
John 11
GOD�S WORD Translation (GW)
Jesus Brings Lazarus Back to Life

11 Lazarus, who lived in Bethany, the village where Mary and her sister Martha lived, was sick. 2 (Mary was the woman who poured perfume on the Lord and wiped his feet with her hair. Her brother Lazarus was the one who was sick.)

3 So the sisters sent a messenger to tell Jesus, �Lord, your close friend is sick.�

4 When Jesus heard the message, he said, �His sickness won�t result in death. Instead, this sickness will bring glory to God so that the Son of God will receive glory through it.�

5 Jesus loved Martha, her sister, and Lazarus. 6 Yet, when Jesus heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was for two more days.

7 Then, after the two days, Jesus said to his disciples, �Let�s go back to Judea.�

A SHORT WHILE LATER

JOHN 11
14 So then he told them plainly,�Lazarus is dead , 15 and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him.

Edited by Mahdi The Seeke - 31 January 2013 at 2:35pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 11:25pm
4 When Jesus heard the message, he said, �His sickness won�t result in death. Instead, this sickness will bring glory to God so that the Son of God will receive glory through it.�

You missed it.
It didn't result in his death, he was raised from being dead, to the glory of the Father through the Son.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

4 When Jesus heard the message, he said, �His sickness won�t result in death. Instead, this sickness will bring glory to God so that the Son of God will receive glory through it.�You missed it.It didn't result in his death, he was raised from being dead, to the glory of the Father through the Son.
i did not miss nothing. Jesus said Lazarus would not die but he died. that is why he had to ressurect him, no?
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2013 at 2:31pm
His sickness couldn't have resulted in death or Lazarus would have stunk something aweful after 4 days in a tomb. How would you explain it to humans though? I guess they didn't put bells outside the graves in those days.
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

4 When Jesus heard the message, he said, �His sickness won�t result in death. Instead, this sickness will bring glory to God so that the Son of God will receive glory through it.�You missed it.It didn't result in his death, he was raised from being dead, to the glory of the Father through the Son.
i did not miss nothing. Jesus said Lazarus would not die but he died. that is why he had to ressurect him, no?

Semantics.
End result...
did he die?
or did he live?

Edited by Caringheart - 03 February 2013 at 11:02am
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 3:43am

Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Semantics.End result...did he die?or did he live?
he died as a result of the sickness, did he not?

Edited by Mahdi The Seeke - 04 February 2013 at 10:00am
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 2:54pm
Greetings Mahdi,

As far as I know Jesus visited him and he lived.
It is the end result that matters, the way I see it. Smile

Salaam,
Caringheat

Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic