IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PRETEND CHRISTIANS:OBEY  BIBLE LAWS FOR SALVATION  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PRETEND CHRISTIANS:OBEY BIBLE LAWS FOR SALVATION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PRETEND CHRISTIANS:OBEY BIBLE LAWS FOR SALVATION
    Posted: 16 February 2013 at 2:39am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I actually would agree with Mahdi here.� There are many people who go to church who have never spent time reading the Bible, and yet they think they are Christians.� How can they follow Jesus if they don't immerse themselves in God's Word... when they do not 'renew their minds daily' as scripture tells them to.� Without the Word of God the mind soon becomes impure, the person soon gets lost from their way.Just as I am sure there are many who call themselves muslim and go to mosque, who have no clue what the qur'an says.
if all people could at least admit to the obvious things, we could get somewhere in these discussions.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 9:24am
I actually would agree with Mahdi here.  There are many people who go to church who have never spent time reading the Bible, and yet they think they are Christians.  How can they follow Jesus if they don't immerse themselves in God's Word... when they do not 'renew their minds daily' as scripture tells them to.  Without the Word of God the mind soon becomes impure, the person soon gets lost from their way.

Just as I am sure there are many who call themselves muslim and go to mosque, who have no clue what the qur'an says.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Empiricist View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 12:09am
I doubt if most Christians do not know what the Bible says.  They may not follow it however.  People are not perfect and all are on a unique spiritual path. 

My view on Pharisees is the same as Jesus' view.  He spoke of them often.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Empiricist Empiricist wrote:

Exactly Pharisee behavior, Mahdi.� You wrote what will happen to you.� If it was so simple to interpret then there would not be so many Christians.� You need to do better than this.
what is your view on 'pharisees'?

If it was so simple to interpret then there would not be so many Christians.
most 'christians' do not know what the Bible says. They rely on preachers to tell them what it is 'supposed' to mean. real knowledge of the Bible outside sunday school stories is lacking.
Empiricist View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empiricist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 8:12pm
Exactly Pharisee behavior, Mahdi.  You wrote what will happen to you.  If it was so simple to interpret then there would not be so many Christians.  You need to do better than this.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:08am
Not opposing verses, just a contrast from another context, ;) I'm sure you could mess somebody up with it tho...
please explain
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 8:12pm
Ezekiel speaks of ordinary men, (Israelites), and you want to use that against a Prophet. Your post actually alters the meaning of the original text. What if it was already corrupted, what more have you done?
This form of Biblical corruption is more dangerous that what any author could have done. Annoys me and those who would prefer the truth.

BTW, Jesus said in Luke 18...It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

There was a passage in the wall of Jeruselam called the eye of a needle. In order for a camel to pass it would have to be totally on it's knees, stripped of all saddle and load, willing to squeeze through patiently. That would be pretty rough on me, I dunno about a camel. I don't have much to leave behind but I'm not good with small spaces.

The point is, use the verses in context and show the whole truth.

Not opposing verses, just a contrast from another context, ;)
I'm sure you could mess somebody up with it tho...

Edited by Webber - 31 January 2013 at 8:14pm
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 12:36pm
Have you run across the verse yet that says "The sins of your fathers will be carried down from generation unto generation."? (something else you could run off with ;)

would the verses you are talking about be opposing the verses i quoted in Ezekiel?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic