IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JESUS; I AM A MAN  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JESUS; I AM A MAN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 5:55pm
Let's not forget the creation of Eve. That was also unique.

Indeed Allah is the Greatest. SubhanAllah

Edited by Rational - 01 March 2013 at 6:11pm
الله
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

And they've been ribbbing men ever since.
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 4:45am
Originally posted by Webber Webber wrote:

Not sure what you mean. Eve had no father or mother. Do you mean to say that Eve is not unique in the way she was created? I might be missunderstanding.

Edited by Rational - 02 March 2013 at 4:48am
الله
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 2:05pm

Originally posted by Webber Webber wrote:

Not sure what you mean. Eve had no father or mother. Do you mean to say that Eve is not unique in the way she was created? I might be missunderstanding.

Sorry, ribbing, an expression that means teasing, annoying, etc, as in a poke in the ribs kinda thing.
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

Yes.
i make everything lawful unto myself and admit myself to heaven since i can create one of my own.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">No. While humans are like Gods they are not God.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Jesus Christ The Messiah was unique. He was the only begotten one of God. Meaning he was the only one that was the radiance of God.

1. what does begotten mean?
2. then do not use the word God loosely. we are either Gods or we are not. choose one.

Hi Mahdi.

Begotten means � single of its kind; only.

We are �like� gods.

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2013 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Jesus Christ The Messiah was unique. He was the only begotten one of God. Meaning he was the only one that was the radiance of God.

I don't find the creation of Jesus unique. If you want to compare, the creation of Adam was more unique.

Indeed Allah Our Creator is The Greatest. Allahuakbar!

Yes the creation of Adam (and Eve) was special. As was the creation of the universe, animals and life itself.

However Gods Spirit becoming man to redeem man is ultimate.

Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2013 at 10:43pm

Yes.
i make everything lawful unto myself and admit myself to heaven since i can create one of my own.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">No. While humans are like Gods they are not God.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Jesus Christ The Messiah was unique. He was the only begotten one of God. Meaning he was the only one that was the radiance of God.

1. what does begotten mean? 2. then do not use the word God loosely. we are either Gods or we are not. choose one.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Hi Mahdi.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Begotten means � single of its kind; only.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�W</o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">e are �like� gods.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

Adj.     1.     begotten - (of offspring) generated by procreation; "naturally begotten child"
biological - of parents and children; related by blood; "biological child"

be�get
/biˈget/
Verb
(typically of a man, sometimes of a man and a woman) Bring (a child) into existence by the process of reproduction.

Synonyms
generate - breed - procreate - engender - father

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2013 at 1:08pm

You forget the Injil was written in Greek. �Begotten� is an English word from the Greek  �monogenēs�, which means �

single of its kind, only

a) used of only sons or daughters (viewed in relation to their parents)

b) used of Christ, denotes the only begotten son of God.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic