IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JESUS; I AM A MAN  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JESUS; I AM A MAN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JESUS; I AM A MAN
    Posted: 30 January 2013 at 3:07am
John 8:40
New International Version (NIV)
40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me,A MAN who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things.
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 9:54pm

Hello Mahdi

Yes. Jesus was a man. But as a man Gods fullness grew in him to the point at his crucifixion and resurrection he had Gods complete fullness.

And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

Luke 2:52

There are many other things Jesus said in the Injil that confirm all of God within him. For example �

John 8:24 - �Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM He, you will die in your sins.�

John 8:58 - Then Jesus said to them, �Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.�

John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, �I and My Father are one.� Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, �Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?� The Jews answered Him, saying, �For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.�

John 14:6-7 - Jesus said to him, �I AM the way, the truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.�

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said to Him, �My Lord and my God!�

Colossians  1:19. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him.

Also consider in Matthew. 4:10 that Jesus said to worship God only. But yet Jesus is worshipped and He receives worship. For example �

4.Matt. 14:33 - "And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God�s Son!"

5.Matt. 28:9 - "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them.  And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."

6.John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?"  36 He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?"  37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you."  38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."

7.Heb. 1:6 - "And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"

What are human beings? Just lumps of meat? We are divine. You also have God within you and can become one with God.

The Jews of Jesus day also criticized him for claiming to be God and man.

If you read John 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?

Jesus is quoting the Prophet King David from Psalm82.6

"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' 

Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2013 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Hello Mahdi

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Yes. Jesus was a man. But as a man Gods fullness grew in him to the point at his crucifixion and resurrection he had Gods complete fullness.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><FONT face="Times New Roman">And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Luke 2:52

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">There are many other things Jesus said in the Injil that confirm all of God within him. For example �

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">John 8:24 - <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">�Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM He, you will die in your sins.�<o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">John 8:58 - <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Then Jesus said to them, �Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.�<o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">John 10:30-33 <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">- Jesus answered them, �I and My Father are one.� Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, �Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?� The Jews answered Him, saying, �For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.�<o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">John 14:6-7 - <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">Jesus said to him, �I AM the way, the truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.�<o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">John 20:28 - <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">And Thomas answered and said to Him, �My Lord and my God!�<o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Colossians<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN>1:19. <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><o:p></o:p>�

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Also consider in Matthew. 4:10 that Jesus said to worship God only. But yet Jesus is worshipped and He receives worship. For example �

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">4.Matt. 14:33 - <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">"And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God�s Son!" <o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><o:p><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">�</o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">5.Matt. 28:9 - <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">"And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN>And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him." <o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">6.John 9:35-38 - <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">"Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?"<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN>36 He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?"<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN>37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you."<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN>38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him." <o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">7.Heb. 1:6 - <I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal">"And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"<o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">What are human beings? Just lumps of meat? We are divine. You also have God within you and can become one with God.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">The Jews of Jesus day also criticized him for claiming to be God and man.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT face="Times New Roman">If you read<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"> John 10:34<I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"> Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?<o:p></o:p>

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Jesus is quoting the Prophet King David from Psalm82.6

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><I style="mso-bidi-font-style: normal"><FONT face="Times New Roman">"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">� </SPAN><o:p></o:p>

we are all 'gods' then.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 12:43am
Yes.

Edited by Experiential - 25 February 2013 at 12:44am
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2013 at 9:55am

Yes.
i make everything lawful unto myself and admit myself to heaven since i can create one of my own.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2013 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Yes.
i make everything lawful unto myself and admit myself to heaven since i can create one of my own.

No. While humans are like Gods they are not God.

Jesus Christ The Messiah was unique. He was the only begotten one of God. Meaning he was the only one that was the radiance of God.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 10:04am

Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Yes.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">No. While humans are like Gods they are not God.

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Jesus Christ The Messiah was unique. He was the only begotten one of God. Meaning he was the only one that was the radiance of God.

1. what does begotten mean?
2. then do not use the word God loosely. we are either Gods or we are not. choose one.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2013 at 6:54pm

Jesus Christ The Messiah was unique. He was the only begotten one of God. Meaning he was the only one that was the radiance of God.

I don't find the creation of Jesus unique. If you want to compare, the creation of Adam was more unique.

Indeed Allah Our Creator is The Greatest. Allahuakbar!

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic