IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BIBLE:NOBODY CAN DIE FOR ANOTHER'S SINS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIBLE:NOBODY CAN DIE FOR ANOTHER'S SINS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 3:03am

Christ The Messiah put an end to animal sacrifice. When you ask him to be Lord of your life you become one with God through His atonement.

Salaam_Erin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salaam_Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 8:48am
Ezekiel and the Psalm cited were talking about sin with regard to crime and punishment, not the issue of blood atonement. 

Besides, Muslims believe someone else died in Jesus' place.  Even though they say nobody else can die in another's place. 
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">Christ The Messiah put an end to animal sacrifice. When you ask him to be Lord of your life you become one with God through His atonement.

You think everything is meaningless with this blah blah. Animal sacrifice is not to pay for one's sins, it is to remember the sacrifice Abraham offered when he was tested for his faith.
How can someone be Lord or God, when he himself has a God and a Lord. Jesus said "my God and your God" in the same Bible.
"Become one with God" you said. No one can ever be God or part of God, nor become God. God is God, we and all, everyone other than him including Jesus, Moses, David, Adam and all are only his creations, his servants. We can please God by good acts he told us to do, but we can never become God if that's what you mean. If you mean by doing good as told by God, we become righteous and closer to God, then there is nothing to argue, we believe that in Islam.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 12:34pm
Also do not forget the words of your own book:
Matthew 12:36
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Matthew 5:30
And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
And don't try to say that "oh he was speaking this not to his followers". It won't work!

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 20 February 2013 at 12:35pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 11:28pm
Quote Besides, Muslims believe someone else died in Jesus' place. Even though they say nobody else can die in another's place. 

LOL

Quote Animal sacrifice is not to pay for one's sins, it is to remember the sacrifice Abraham offered when he was tested for his faith.

I wonder if Cain and Abel remembered Abraham while offering their sacrifices.
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 9:50pm

Honeto Said

You think everything is meaningless with this blah blah. Animal sacrifice is not to pay for one's sins, it is to remember the sacrifice Abraham offered when he was tested for his faith.

My Reply

You are wrong. The blah blah you are referring to is based on the revelation made known to the Holy Prophet Moses. If you read the Tenakh (Old Testament) you will see.

Leviticus 17:11. For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life. 

This is a revelation far older than that of your non Jewish prophet Mohammad who came along 1900 years later. You are simply using your Muslim interpretation on a Muslim myth regarding animal sacrifice. The truth revealed by God is far older and is continuous throughout the prophets fulfilled with Jesus Christ The Messiah.  Mohammad was nothing more an outsider.

Honeto Said

How can someone be Lord or God, when he himself has a God and a Lord. Jesus said "my God and your God" in the same Bible.

"Become one with God" you said. No one can ever be God or part of God, nor become God. God is God, we and all, everyone other than him including Jesus, Moses, David, Adam and all are only his creations, his servants.

My Reply

What are human beings? Just lumps of meat? We are divine.  You also have God within you and can become one with Him.

The Jews of Jesus day also criticized him for claiming to be God and man.

If you read John 10:34

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?

Jesus is quoting the Prophet King David from Psalm82.6

"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.' 

Honeto Said

We can please God by good acts he told us to do, but we can never become God if that's what you mean. If you mean by doing good as told by God, we become righteous and closer to God, then there is nothing to argue, we believe that in Islam.

My Reply

Good religious deeds, words or behavior will never be enough for a Holy God. Do you think you can do it without being in a faith relationship with The One Most Holy God? Because you can�t. Your ablutions and good religious deeds can never be enough to tip the scales.

Edited by Experiential - 21 February 2013 at 9:51pm
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Salaam_Erin Salaam_Erin wrote:

Ezekiel and the Psalm cited were talking about sin with regard to crime and punishment, not the issue of blood atonement.� Besides, Muslims believe someone else died in Jesus' place.� Even though they say nobody else can die in another's place.�

i quoted the 'nobody can die for another person's sins' part from the Bible. Who said somebody else died in Jesus place? think before you post.
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Salaam_Erin Salaam_Erin wrote:

Ezekiel and the Psalm cited were talking about sin with regard to crime and punishment, not the issue of blood atonement.� Besides, Muslims believe someone else died in Jesus' place.� Even though they say nobody else can die in another's place.�

what is bllood atonement? and is it not related to sin, crime and punishment?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic