IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BIBLE;JESUS NOT CRUCIFIED  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIBLE;JESUS NOT CRUCIFIED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIBLE;JESUS NOT CRUCIFIED
    Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:32am

Hebrews 5:7
English Standard Version (ESV)
7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus[a] offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence.
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2013 at 2:30am
Hi Mahdi read on - Hebrews 5.8-
Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered

Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Experiential Experiential wrote:

Hi Mahdi read on - Hebrews 5.8-
Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered

and suffering only means dying on the cross?.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:46pm
Partly his suffering was about his death. eg. Hebrews 2.14 ,
Hebrews 13. 12 but also in that he took upon himself all the evil and sin in the world.

Hebrews 12:2. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

God is so Holy that a persons best religious efforts can never be enough to satisfy Him. The Most Holy God.

Edited by Experiential - 12 February 2013 at 11:07pm
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Hebrews 5:7
English Standard Version (ESV)
7 In the days of his flesh, Jesus[a] offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence.

and he was heard because of his reverence.

Dying on the cross... being crucified... was a long and torturous death.
Jesus was spared in that His Spirit went free from His body after only 3 hours.
"into Your hands I commend My Spirit."  "It is finished."

also, His legs were not broken as was the usual practice.
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 1:52pm

Partly�his suffering�was about his death. eg. Hebrews 2.14 ,
Hebrews 13. 12 but also in that he took upon himself all the evil and sin in the world.

Hebrews 12:2. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

God is so Holy that�a persons best religious efforts can never be enough to satisfy Him. The Most Holy God.
God is so Holy that�a persons best religious efforts can never be enough to satisfy Him. The Most Holy God.that is simply an opinion, unless you can show me where God says that.
t he took upon himself all the evil and sin in the world.
nobody's got anything to worry about then. everybody's sins have been covered by Jesus.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

Partly his suffering was about his death. eg. Hebrews 2.14 ,

God is so Holy that a persons best religious efforts can never be enough to satisfy Him. The Most Holy God.
God is so Holy that a persons best religious efforts can never be enough to satisfy Him. The Most Holy God.that is simply an opinion, unless you can show me where God says that.
t he took upon himself all the evil and sin in the world.
nobody's got anything to worry about then. everybody's sins have been covered by Jesus.

Mahdi Said

That is simply an opinion, unless you can show me where God says that.

My Reply

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us.

Titus 3:5.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2-8,9

Mahdi Said

My Reply

Yes your sins are covered by Christ Jesus The Messiah provided you ask Him into your life as your Lord.

Salaam_Erin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salaam_Erin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 8:45am
The operative word in the verse which Mahdi misuses is that God could save Jesus from death, which He did not do, as He let Jesus die, but He DID rescue Him from death afterwards, through the Resurrection. 

The suffering delineated in Hebrews 5:8 is explained throughout the Book of Hebrews as being that of death.  "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed to take away the sins of many people."  (Hebrews 9:27-28)

It's really bizarre seeing Hebrews being used to 'prove' that Jesus did not die according to the Bible!  Wink

Also, you still have to repent fom your sins for God the Father to be prepared to count Jesus as having died in your place, or tough. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic