IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS:FORGIVE EVERYBODY THEIR SINS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS:FORGIVE EVERYBODY THEIR SINS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHRISTIANS:FORGIVE EVERYBODY THEIR SINS
    Posted: 18 February 2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Greetings Mahdi,Without the power of the Holy Spirit within me, I promise you, I do not have it in me to forgive gross wrongs committed against me.� It is not within my purely human nature to do so.� I need the grace of God.Salaam,Caringheart

Dear Caringheart,

The power of the holy spirit in us (Ruh) is pure. The evil one is the Nafs (if uncontrolled). God is Most Merciful, All-Loving. He had given each and everyone of us these characters within us. It is up to us to make full use of it. If we exercise this noble characters, we will get His blessings. We have a choice whether to forgive someone or not. If we still harbor anger and hatred, we are choosing the wrong path - the path of evil. If we choose to pardon the other person, we are showing gratitude to the Almighty for His Mercy.

Salam
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2013 at 10:28pm

Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

that is not the type of forgiveness i am talking about.
Greetings Mahdi,�How do you know this was not the type of forgiveness Jesus was trying to lead us to?Salaam,Caringheart
so,for disciples to be able to forgive those who wronged them, they had to have the 'Holy Spirit' breathed into them? you do not need the Holy Spirit breathed into you to forgive those who wrong you, that is how i know that is not the forgiveness being referred to in those Bible verses quoted.
Greetings Mahdi,Without the power of the Holy Spirit within me, I promise you, I do not have it in me to forgive gross wrongs committed against me.� It is not within my purely human nature to do so.� I need the grace of God.Salaam,Caringheart
Greetings Mahdi,Without the power of the Holy Spirit within me, I promise you, I do not have it in me to forgive gross wrongs committed against me. It is not within my purely human nature to do so. I need the grace of God. this is simply ridiculous.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2013 at 2:00pm

so, before Jesus came, nobody could forgive anybody anything. Caringheart, please put some more thought in your replies.

Greetings Mahdi,
Did nobody have the grace of God before Jesus came?
Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 17 February 2013 at 2:01pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2013 at 2:43am

Greetings Mahdi,�How do you know this was not the type of forgiveness Jesus was trying to lead us to?Salaam,Caringheart
so,for disciples to be able to forgive those who wronged them, they had to have the 'Holy Spirit' breathed into them? you do not need the Holy Spirit breathed into you to forgive those who wrong you, that is how i know that is not the forgiveness being referred to in those Bible verses quoted.
so, before Jesus came, nobody could forgive anybody anything. Caringheart, please put some more thought in your replies.
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 11:15am

Greetings Mahdi, How do you know this was not the type of forgiveness Jesus was trying to lead us to?Salaam,Caringheart

Greetings Mahdi,

Without the power of the Holy Spirit within me, I promise you, I do not have it in me to forgive gross wrongs committed against me.  It is not within my purely human nature to do so.  I need the grace of God.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 1:07pm
This quote from Matthew 6:15 makes sense and is right, if you forgive others, God will forgive you your mistakes.
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. But the above quotes are saying something completely different.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 1:03pm

Originally posted by bunter bunter wrote:

john 20:19 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, �Peace be with you!� 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

21 Again Jesus said, �Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.� 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, �Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone�s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.�

The obvious and plain meaning here is not that Christians have the power to forgive sins but they do have the authority to say that one puts their trust in the atoning work of Jesus then sins are forgiven.

the plain and obvious thing here is that you deliberately chose to ignore what the verse says and assigned your own unrelated belief to the verse. that you said 'The obvious and plain meaning here is not that Christians have the power to forgive sins' shows you understand the meaning. what you said after shows you are either in denial, delusional or both.

But when I read that quote, yes it says what it says: "If you forgive anyone's sins, their sins are forgiven". I know it is incorrect to say, only God can forgive sins. We can forgive those who do wrong against us, but to forgive someone's sins like this quote suggests is not and cannot be true.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 10:46am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic