IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I need some guidance  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need some guidance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripamaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need some guidance
    Posted: 26 January 2013 at 9:24pm
My name is David. I am a white American from a christian family living in NW Arkansas.

I have always struggled to accept my familys religion although I have maintained my own relationship with God through prayer. My reluctance to accept their religion was mainly due to hypocracy I saw in the vast majority around me and their support of greedy right wing politics. It never squared with the message they preached.

I never worried much about my lack of organized religion until lately I began feeling like i was on the wrong path.

I began praying for guidance. Over the past year and a half I believe I have been increasingly led Islam. I feel very strongly that God is calling me.

I have never had any exposure to Islam. No reason to think this is anything other than a genuine calling. I have tried to learn what I can and continued to ask god if I am hearing him right.

I am pretty much clueless as to where to go from here. I also have serious concerns about making such a dramatic change in my life and what effects it will have on me.

I need some guidance. Preferably from someone who has been though something similar. I would greatly appreciate the help.

I am open to either Email or phone correspondance. Whichever is preferable or more comfortable. My Email is [email protected]    
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 4:58am
Originally posted by ripamaru ripamaru wrote:

My name is David. I am a white American from a christian family living in NW Arkansas.

I have always struggled to accept my familys religion although I have maintained my own relationship with God through prayer. My reluctance to accept their religion was mainly due to hypocracy I saw in the vast majority around me and their support of greedy right wing politics. It never squared with the message they preached.

I never worried much about my lack of organized religion until lately I began feeling like i was on the wrong path.

I began praying for guidance. Over the past year and a half I believe I have been increasingly led Islam. I feel very strongly that God is calling me.

I have never had any exposure to Islam. No reason to think this is anything other than a genuine calling. I have tried to learn what I can and continued to ask god if I am hearing him right.

I am pretty much clueless as to where to go from here. I also have serious concerns about making such a dramatic change in my life and what effects it will have on me.

I need some guidance. Preferably from someone who has been though something similar. I would greatly appreciate the help.

I am open to either Email or phone correspondance. Whichever is preferable or more comfortable. My Email is [email protected]    

As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Hey David how are you? I am a revert and formerly a Christian (I use that term very loosely as I wasn't practising). I think it will be better if you post your concerns in the Interfaith Dialogue section of this forum as there a lot of knowledgeable people who can help you Insha'Allah.

You are being guided for sure. The thing you will have to ask yourself is what is more important in your life, what other people think or your own salvation? Be assured if/when you decide to revert there will be obstacles and problems caused by friends and relatives. The good new is that once they get used to you being a Muslim their hatred will subside Alahmdulilah.

Do you want to worship One God or three?

We can't wait for your posts Insha'Allah.
savebangladesh View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savebangladesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 3:40am
Blessing.......
truthfull View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2014 at 11:21am
Wow amazing :

God guided you that mean he loves you

Let me tell you we as human being will not live
More than 100 years

Those who reached 100 years are countable

Most of them die when they reach 80

Those who reach 90 dead clinically

If we consider we will live untill 80

How much we left

If you 30 years old

You left fifty. Years

You will never be sure that you
Will live untill 50

There many kids dies before they grow up
Even there are many dies before

After life. Is eternal

Allah say in quran :

protect yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is people and stones, over which are [appointed] angels, harsh and severe; they do not disobey Allah in what He commands them but do what they are commanded.

When you die, you want to die like this happily

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O0U6HQS51Tk

Not in grieve

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9PrQTTMFMR0

It is not because he got shocked
Every One got shocked and they don't die

If people will give expression on death time
Due to there cases

This injured should give pain expression
But he doesn't

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Tk0wFYRig

� above all jesus peace be upon him confirmed he is prophet in bible :

Luke 13:31-35
Worldwide English (New Testament) (WE)
31�At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus. They said to him, `Go away from here. Herod wants to kill you.

Jesus replied peace be upon him

33�But I must go on my way today, tomorrow, and the next day. A prophet of God cannot be killed outside of Jerusalem.

� name prophet muhammad in bible :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3sZfPwv1g

� you should be clever in such situation

Specially if they are stubborn

Jospeh peace be upon him lived in prison
For no sins and he was patient

Plus moses peace be upon him suffered
From Pharoah who fight him

It is not how we start but ho we will end

Here is Pharoah body found in river where he tried to
Catch moses and kill him but he drawn

All his solider and wealth can't do any thing toward him

http://www.ibnmaktoum.sch.sa/public/static/image00222.jpg

He can't afford his self sheep dress too cover his body

That was god promise :

Allah say in quran :
So today We will save you in body (Pharoah) that you may be to those who succeed you a sign. And indeed, many among the people, of Our signs, are heedless

chickpea View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chickpea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 12:26am
Hi David,
I am pleased you are looking for God. I understand also you were disappointed by Christian lifestyle. But you make one mistake: you try to get to know God's character by observing human being. People are sinners. Don't take this as a testimony. Search in God's word.
Pose yourself this question: who is God and how is He? What does He want?
If you are really searching Him from the bottom of your heard, He will reply!
Just be secure: He is full of love and compassion. He is peace. But He is also justice. But it's not our business to enforce His judge. He sais: "�I am the One who judges people. I will pay them back�
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic