IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Breathable Nail Polish  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breathable Nail Polish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breathable Nail Polish
    Posted: 26 January 2013 at 10:40am
http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/worship/prayer/is-breathable-nail-polish-sufficient-for-wu%E1%B8%8Du/
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 7:43pm

Loving the little science experiment by the sister...

Edited by Chrysalis - 13 March 2013 at 7:15am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2013 at 3:23am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/worship/prayer/is-breathable-nail-polish-sufficient-for-wu%E1%B8%8Du/

Soooo, I bought the nail polish mentioned in the article... and I decided to test it myself too. Unfortunately, I am rather unsettled with the results Ouch

I did the same coffee-filter test, and its been 2 hours, but the filter paper is as dry as a bone! None of the moisture seeped through. When I rubbed the water into the nail-polish, I noticed tiny wet spots... but I am not sure if rubbing made a tear in the filter-paper or their claim worked. In order for wudhu to be valid, it should moisten the whole nail! And wudhu takes 10minutes max, so the moisture should seep through within that time period! I don't understand how the authors on suhaibwebb.com reached the conclusion they did.

I read another article about the same technology, and they said you need to let the polish dry for a couple of hours, and after that it becomes water-absorbent. So I am going to try again after a couple of hours. So far, no luck.

The article had me really excited Confused

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 12:47am
Seems like Muslims are going the same route bondage to super legalism that Israelite went. They were in class by themselves, you can never be like them in minutiae of legalism in rituals so be warned. Keep it simple, wash and do the rest.
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic